[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
How did you miss it? It's the big green arrow pointing down at the upper left hand corner of the original post.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

kijp15

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You need to go to Pete's download section & there will gb builds, scroll to the bottom where the ics builds are. I think the latest will be 12/22

nottposse

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Pete's ICS 4.0.3 last night on my Sprint Nexus S 4g and works awesome!!! only issue I am having is that my hotspot is locked again. Is there a fix to unlock this for ICS?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the whole hotspot/tethering issue is still ongoing with ICS... Last I read was wired tethering was working on certain ROMs

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know Pete was able to fix it for 2.3. Hoping get it up, otherwise I will have to go back to 2.3 and that would SUCK!!! :'(
I would hit Pete up on his twitter account see if he responds... I know it was being worked on by CM team and aosp of oICS but nobody had come up with a solid wireless method yet to my knowledge..

crazy1990

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the latest nightly build of the rom on my nexus s 4g. There is only one problem I have so far which is google wallet. When I installed it, it kept force closing itself. Even NFC is on. Any fix for that?

cdbillups

Apr 26, 2011
users.adams.net
I just installed the latest nightly build of the rom on my nexus s 4g. There is only one problem I have so far which is google wallet. When I installed it, it kept force closing itself. Even NFC is on. Any fix for that?
Wallet is on Pete's to-do list. I'm hoping it comes in the next nightly. I don't use the program a lot but it's fun to use where it's accepted.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the Jan 11th nightly last night. Unlike my previous ICS attempt, I didn't hose it up by restoring my apps and settings from a backup.

Seems to be working very well. Wallet is now included in his build! And, the Market works just fine, unlike what I had read elsewhere.

Very nice!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the Jan 11th nightly last night. Unlike my previous ICS attempt, I didn't hose it up by restoring my apps and settings from a backup.

Seems to be working very well. Wallet is now included in his build! And, the Market works just fine, unlike what I had read elsewhere.

Very nice!

Exactly as you stated there.... I have been doing the same, manually redownloading my apps and ditching my settings between new flashings.. Lot less headaches and I know I'm getting a true fresh install.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Exactly as you stated there.... I have been doing the same, manually redownloading my apps and ditching my settings between new flashings.. Lot less headaches and I know I'm getting a true fresh install.

You have to admit- this is terrible though. Why hasn't ICS somehow addressed the issue of save data for apps? I've never seen a smartphone so crippled in this regard since smartphones launched. I've successfully updated apps and migrated from phone to phone with my apps and / or data until Android- and quite honestly, my wife is considering leaving Android because of it and I don't blame her one bit. I now consider all apps as non productive, as I know I may not reliably get my data back, and I can't endorse Android because of this failing issue.

What are stand out features that makes Pete's preferred from oICS and AOSP to some of you?

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Display and Accessibility in Settings both have a screen rotate check box, which seems to be redundant, because, if one is checked, the other automatically checks. I know this, because, I was looking for a setting that allows rotation of the home screens and apps/Widgets, but that does not seem possible with the 01/13 and 01/15 nightlies.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
How have people found the 1-18 revision? Is there a changelog anywhere? I've been debating when to jump into ICS

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How have people found the 1-18 revision? Is there a changelog anywhere? I've been debating when to jump into ICS

I can't compare it to previous versions, except a mid-December version of his release, which was in its infancy.

I just installed the 1/18 release.

Overall, my impression is that it runs very smoothly. I wish I had let it run for a day or two with the stock kernel, but I am so partial to Matr1x that I installed it right away.

It's fast. There are no FCs. There's no lag (that I can appreciate). GPS works very well. Haven't tried bluetooth yet, and I don't use wallet.

The battery is draining faster than I like. It may be since I just calibrated this morning and should give it a while to "break in" (whatever). So, I can give an update in a day or so.

Other than the *potential* battery issue, it runs well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12