[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm updating now. I will let you know. I can't see why it would change. I did notice there is an option to sync only when wifi is available. Do you happen to have that checked? Might be a reason why its not syncing?

Yeah, it is strange, none of my web albums show up in the gallery. I even played with the sync settings. I just remember that when using one of AOSPs builds a couple months back there was the same issue and was fixed in the following build. So wasn't sure if it was just me or something with this build.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it is strange, none of my web albums show up in the gallery. I even played with the sync settings. I just remember that when using one of AOSPs builds a couple months back there was the same issue and was fixed in the following build. So wasn't sure if it was just me or something with this build.

Yeah, same here. None of my albums in Picassa show up like they did with stock GB installed. I have the synch setting on for Picassa and Google+

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working right. What I would do is uncheck the sync button under your account for the gallery. Then turn off the phone and pull the battery. Restart and resync your google account. Make sure you have the button for only sync on wifi turned off. This can be found under the gallery settings. See if this helps. Sometimes a power off and battery pull helps.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, same here. None of my albums in Picassa show up like they did with stock GB installed. I have the synch setting on for Picassa and Google+

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully Pete will have it fixed in a build in the next day or two.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is working right. What I would do is uncheck the sync button under your account for the gallery. Then turn off the phone and pull the battery. Restart and resync your google account. Make sure you have the button for only sync on wifi turned off. This can be found under the gallery settings. See if this helps. Sometimes a power off and battery pull helps.

Holy cow, go figure. I just went to gallery to do what you said and all of my albums are there! maybe it was the latest BB rom update! whoo-hoooo.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Updated my phone with 4.0.3 r1.31/2012 this afternoon. things are working smoothly so far, gosh i love this ROM :)
I haven't tried the Exchage activesync portion cause i'm tired right now, but i'll get some time to test tomorrow.

I saw a post indicating Peter had a ROM with 4.0.4 already ?, or is it that 4.0.3 r1/31/2012 has portions of 4.0.4 embedded into it ? i'm confused about it.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe wipe cache and dalvik before installing 01/31 ?
I just tried the camera and it works, also important for me is wifi teather, and i'm writting this post using wifi teather with 01/31 version from my laptop.

downtown3641

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe wipe cache and dalvik before installing 01/31 ?
I just tried the camera and it works, also important for me is wifi teather, and i'm writting this post using wifi teather with 01/31 version from my laptop.

I actually did wipe both cache and dalvik first. Maybe I'll give it another shot over the weekend when I can take some time to troubleshoot.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I have the 1-30 4.0.3 and the matrix 15.5 kernel. buttery smooth with no screen off flicker.
Found only two bugs, while in browser every now and then I get a blank white screen. But I think that is a well known issue.
The other is f you go to manage apps both running and cached its not displaying the size of the apps. As far as speed its awesome.

Last edited:

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running the 1.31 Bugless Beast ROM version. Has anyone had issues with their automatic brightness? Mine seems to be a bit "buggy," pun intended. For the most part it's really dim, but here 'n there it'll brighten up, such as when I launch the camera app. It doesn't seem to brighten up when I'm in a poorly lit environment, which I recall was the case before when running stock GB. Any thoughts?

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running the 1.31 Bugless Beast ROM version. Has anyone had issues with their automatic brightness? Mine seems to be a bit "buggy," pun intended. For the most part it's really dim, but here 'n there it'll brighten up, such as when I launch the camera app. It doesn't seem to brighten up when I'm in a poorly lit environment, which I recall was the case before when running stock GB. Any thoughts?

I don't think you are recalling how it worked on GB correctly. It should work pretty much exactly the opposite. The screen should be dim in low ambient light, and bright in bright ambient light. Think of it as the screen competeing with the ambient light. It wants to use the minimum backlight possible to make it visible over the ambient light. That will maximize battery.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you are recalling how it worked on GB correctly. It should work pretty much exactly the opposite. The screen should be dim in low ambient light, and bright in bright ambient light. Think of it as the screen competeing with the ambient light. It wants to use the minimum backlight possible to make it visible over the ambient light. That will maximize battery.

Oh - right, that's true. My mistake. But I guess there's something different. I ride a shuttle bus to/from work, which is generally a darker environment inside. Anyhow, I guess what I'm actually noticing is that the auto brightness in that same/similar dark environment is dimming even more than before. Not sure if this is a bug or in fact working as it should; just something that I've noticed different than before with stock GB.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just part of the battery optimization strategy built into the kernel by Peter. i've noticed more or less the same thing since version 1/18, which was the one i started out with for my phone.

If it's too bright outside, i've to actually go there and remove the auto brightness cause i won't be able to see anything on the screen, and then on low light, it'll brighten for a sec or so, and then it'll dim out.

It doesn't bother me, i'm just looking at my battery life, and so far the phone have gone 21 hours, and still there is 12% juice on the battery, from a device that Sprint advertises to last only 6 hours, and i haven't tweaked anything on the ROM as far as CPU or battery savers. just whatever Pete put in there.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I think it's just part of the battery optimization strategy built into the kernel by Peter. i've noticed more or less the same thing since version 1/18, which was the one i started out with for my phone.

If it's too bright outside, i've to actually go there and remove the auto brightness cause i won't be able to see anything on the screen, and then on low light, it'll brighten for a sec or so, and then it'll dim out.

It doesn't bother me, i'm just looking at my battery life, and so far the phone have gone 21 hours, and still there is 12% juice on the battery, from a device that Sprint advertises to last only 6 hours, and i haven't tweaked anything on the ROM as far as CPU or battery savers. just whatever Pete put in there.

Yeah ... I can see this making sense in terms of trying optimize battery life. I wish, though, a setting could be built in so that we can control the auto brightness settings, as in setting min and max settings at any given point.

[Edit]: I was just checking out auto brightness apps in the market, came across "Custom Auto Brightness" App, and in someone's review of the app, they mention how this app "fixes the ICS auto brightness problem." So now I wonder if this is not an issue with Pete's ROM, but ICS in general.

[Edit #2]: I did a quick google search, and it seems that others are complaining that ICS is not auto-adjusting brightness properly. Here's a sample link of what I found. This person believes it's an issue only with the Nexus S, not with the Galaxy Nexus. http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23095. The general complaint, as I'm finding also, is that ICS is dimming way too much.

Last edited:

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
It's not a bugless beast issue. The screen brightness is an ICS issue. I don't use auto brightness so I can't help you out. I just know it's an ICS issue. Maybe turn that option off? I don't know any difference in battery with it turned off.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not a bugless beast issue. The screen brightness is an ICS issue. I don't use auto brightness so I can't help you out. I just know it's an ICS issue. Maybe turn that option off? I don't know any difference in battery with it turned off.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Yeah, dude, that's what I've gathered. An ICS issue. I installed Custom Auto Brightness, but haven't tested it long enough to see if that makes any difference. But good to know that you, yourself, haven't noticed any difference with auto-bright turned off.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. Try the new rom that's up. Make sure you wipe everything. I think since you are having problems that might help.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers