07-19-2012 12:17 PM
391 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Did you let it sit searching for location for awhile. Just today, it did take 5 minutes or maybe a little more for me to lock position. Never took that long before for me. Try waiting it out though, and try toggling gps off/on while maps isnl open.
    01-18-2012 08:29 PM
    Anyone having MMS issues? (As for GPS goes, I am having issues today. Saturday, when I used it, it was perfect..)
    01-18-2012 09:33 PM
    Just got over a full day on one charge on V6 with what I wouldn't call it minimal use either. Stock battery too. Lots of messaging including text, Talk, and the Google+ messanger. A couple phone calls, downloaded a couple apps, listened to music, used the browser...the list goes on and on.
    01-18-2012 09:41 PM
    Did you let it sit searching for location for awhile. Just today, it did take 5 minutes or maybe a little more for me to lock position. Never took that long before for me. Try waiting it out though, and try toggling gps off/on while maps isnl open.
    I've tried it a bunch of times. Variable time. 5 minutes is too long for any reasonable GPS device to lock, however. Tonight in my car, I navigated home with my Garmin and my phone still didn't lock.

When on PoolParty 1.5 GPS locked in under 10 seconds...always.

It's not a criticism of this ROM, which I think is great and have come to consider my DD. Nevertheless...there's something not right with the way GPS functions.
    01-18-2012 10:22 PM
    I've tried it a bunch of times. Variable time. 5 minutes is too long for any reasonable GPS device to lock, however. Tonight in my car, I navigated home with my Garmin and my phone still didn't lock.

When on PoolParty 1.5 GPS locked in under 10 seconds...always.

It's not a criticism of this ROM, which I think is great and have come to consider my DD. Nevertheless...there's something not right with the way GPS functions.
    I completely agree that 5 minutes is too long...... was just curious.
    01-18-2012 10:25 PM
    I completely agree that 5 minutes is too long...... was just curious.
    Yeah. It's just one of those phone quirks -- I have a feeling. Like I said, I use GPS (or want to use it) once or twice per week. Not a deal breaker for me by any stretch.

I guess my Garmin is not dead yet! (Makes me feel like the blood, sweat and tears that went into hard-wiring it into my car were not in vain.)
    01-18-2012 10:47 PM
    Are you goings doing FULL wipes? (Including formatting) GPS locked on in like 2 seconds for me.
    01-19-2012 05:51 PM
    Are you goings doing FULL wipes? (Including formatting) GPS locked on in like 2 seconds for me.
    I'm doing manual formats, using the wipe_all.zip file, CWM wipes, etc. They're ain't nothing on that phone prior to ROM install.
    01-19-2012 09:15 PM
    @kevincwelch,

Hey try this next time you can't get a lock on gps. Go into settings/apps and force close maps then open it up again. I locked in a few seconds today doing this.
    King Koopa VI and kevincwelch like this.
    01-19-2012 10:03 PM
    Messaging notification
    I noticed that there is no notification number on the built-in messaging app showing the number of unread messages. Is this a bug in the ROM or is this feature going to be taken away in ICS?

I am using handcent sms in the meantime to have that feature. But would like to use the native, built-in messaging client.
    01-20-2012 02:26 PM
    For me its not maps that's having problems, it finds me in seconds, its navigation that won't find me when I'm heading back home or to the club. =\
    01-20-2012 04:00 PM
    That's because your drunk.
    01-20-2012 06:20 PM
    @kevincwelch,

Hey try this next time you can't get a lock on gps. Go into settings/apps and force close maps then open it up again. I locked in a few seconds today doing this.
    Thanks alot, this worked perfectly for me. GPS locked in 2 sec after i popped back into maps. Fixed if you ask me guys.
    jstntp likes this.
    01-20-2012 07:50 PM
    That's because your drunk.
    LMFAO! I literally lol'd on that one xD
    01-20-2012 07:54 PM
    Seems pretty sweet so far. Very fast. GPS Locks pretty well for me too.
    01-21-2012 01:14 AM
    Finally updated to V6 from V5 but want to see if my eyes are playing tricks on me. To me it seems like the colors might be a little washed out. Does anyone else see that or is it just me?
    01-21-2012 08:08 AM
    @kevincwelch,

I tried this, as well as updating maps.

GPS does seem to work now. Thanks!
    jstntp likes this.
    01-21-2012 09:04 AM
    Navigation worked for me in about 30 seconds after I started driving. Normally it would work in place but at least it works when I need it.
    01-21-2012 05:21 PM
    Went to the North American International Auto Show today and snapped alot of photos. I know that using that camera kills the battery fast, but it died UBER fast. And my phone got pretty hot, even after I left it alone for 15 mins. I never used my camera that often even with the stock rom so I don't know if it was just from use or the rom. Thinking about it, I have Google+ but Instant Uploads aren't on unless I'm connected to wifi so it wasn't uploading.
    01-21-2012 08:17 PM
    Went to the North American International Auto Show today and snapped alot of photos. I know that using that camera kills the battery fast, but it died UBER fast. And my phone got pretty hot, even after I left it alone for 15 mins. I never used my camera that often even with the stock rom so I don't know if it was just from use or the rom. Thinking about it, I have Google+ but Instant Uploads aren't on unless I'm connected to wifi so it wasn't uploading.
    bigger question is did you get to use wimax while you were downtown? I haven't been downtown in a while, so I'm not sure where the wimax coverage is in the D ........though, I have to admit...the one good thing about the wife wanting to go to Lakeside mall is the wimax! .........Of course we spend most of our time between Lakeside and the D.......

Long days and pleasant nights............
    01-21-2012 11:55 PM
    Hello everyone. thanks for such great work.. flashed mine today and ive had no problems... even buying from the market, i noticed that if i bought something on wifi it gave me no problems.. just wanted to share that.
    01-22-2012 03:15 PM
    Holy battery life with this... with Matrix 14.5 CFS over 28 hours with 10% left.
    01-22-2012 06:20 PM
    Holy battery life with this... with Matrix 14.5 CFS over 28 hours with 10% left.
    What's your average signal strength? Are you in a strong wifi region most of the time? Screen on time?

Just curious. My signal strength is fairly poor, and I think that really kills the battery...even when the ROM and the kernel are working for you.
    01-22-2012 07:37 PM
    This was over my latest charge... probably 18 of the hours at home with 2 bars and wi-fi on. Probably above average internet/game use but not a ton. Wi-fi connected at home, which is always on along with bluetooth and 4g.

I was running CM7 with Matrix for a long time, and this blows the battery life out of the water. I usually have to charge at least twice a day with that set up.
    01-23-2012 12:36 AM
    727kid,
    Where di you get the Matrix Kernel at. I am having a hard time actually finding it.
    01-23-2012 10:23 AM
391 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD