07-19-2012 12:17 PM
391 ... 34567 ...
tools
    you hold the down and power button at the same time don't press it like a mad man lol
    beezy likes this.
    01-03-2012 12:34 AM
    I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 9 alpha on the Nexus S 4G. Pretty stable, but lately I've been getting a lot of system crashes and having to pull the battery and rest. Is there anyone here that's tried both and recommends this build over CM9?

EDIT: Went ahead and flashed this bad boy out of chance. Works pretty awesome so far. Thanks much for the work. Immensely appreciated.
    beezy likes this.
    01-03-2012 12:49 AM
    Hay beezy thanks for the rom! This made me reroot my phone (got tired of waiting, plus bragging rights ;D) I plan on making this my daily until OTA
    I have one problem though, my contacts won't sync at all. It keeps saying theres an error, and I've wiped everything clean and reinstalled 6 times
    Can someone help me so i can further enjoy the sweetness that is ice cream sandwich? =]
    beezy likes this.
    01-03-2012 04:23 AM
    I haven't seen any issues with contacts not syncing myself, but make sure you grant any permissions that appear in the drop down menu.
    beezy likes this.
    01-03-2012 07:20 AM
    Hi beezy, I tried the latest version - email for exchange (2010) still not working for me.

Here's what I'm doing:
    1> Boot to Recovery, do nandroid backup
    2> Wipe Data/Cache - Reset to Factory
    3> Install ROM.zip
    4> Boot up phone
    5> Boot to Recovery, INstall G-Apps
    6> Boot up Phone, Reboot again just to make sure
    7> Go to Email, select Exchange.
    8> Enter info - I check Accept All SSL as I have a self signed cert
    9> I get message "Unfortunately, Email has stopped"

Other than email everything else seems great and I'm looking forward to being able to use it. Let me know if you need/want a test exchange account and I can set one up for you.

Thanks,
    Brandon
    01-03-2012 09:18 AM
    Bug Report:

Screen Capture is not working for me. Can others using this specific ROM please confirm.

Pressing Volume down and power button simultaneously should create a screen capture image in your gallery.

Ya, for some reason...it works now. I swear i tried it 20 times, restarted, tried again.

But it works now.

Sorry for the error.
    01-03-2012 09:29 AM
    Transparent Power Widget and 4G Widget mod is up for download in post #3.

Click to view quoted image
    EDIT, nevermind....read post 3
    01-03-2012 09:31 AM
    I haven't seen any issues with contacts not syncing myself, but make sure you grant any permissions that appear in the drop down menu.
    Okay ill flash it back on my phone and ill report the results after
    01-03-2012 10:14 AM
    Thanks Guys,

Awesome build. Good to see GPS finally in working order. However...

It seems that once I install the Google Apps zip, my Market app crashes whenever I try to open it. As of yet, I haven't had any problems with any of my Google apps without the gapps.zip installed. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    01-03-2012 10:23 AM
    this is what is coming up when i check on the account sync, contacts arent syncing at all

01-03-2012 11:20 AM
    Thanks Guys,

Awesome build. Good to see GPS finally in working order. However...

It seems that once I install the Google Apps zip, my Market app crashes whenever I try to open it. As of yet, I haven't had any problems with any of my Google apps without the gapps.zip installed. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Yea your missing something... you will never have the google apps if you dont flash a gapps.zip

We dont bundle the gapps with the ROM and we NEVER have had the apps as part of the release.

Basically, if you didnt flash Gapps.. you wouldnt have the market to even use...

If you are running into issues, you need to boot into recovery. Wipe data, cache and dalvik. Then Flash v5 again and then the most updated gapps that has maps included.

You will have no issues, I just did this last night on 3 diff Nexus S 4G's
    01-03-2012 11:50 AM
    I'm running the latest and the greatest: v5
    But I can still take the screenshot if necessary

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    01-03-2012 12:28 PM
    this is what is coming up when i check on the account sync, contacts arent syncing at all

Hey bro... vincentallen2@gmail.com?? or vincentallen2@ymail.com

Try google its a great company
    vincentallen2 likes this.
    01-03-2012 12:28 PM
    Lmao! You know what, that actually did the trick! I have my Ymail linked to my Gmail (longer, stupider email address), so I thought I could sign in with that (like I could with gingerbread) and it would just automatically transfer over
    Comes to show that laziness never prevails
    Thank you bro

Sent from my Nexus S 4G finally with ICS
    beezy likes this.
    01-03-2012 01:01 PM
    does the kernel that is needed to run this well come with this? the launcher is really laggy for me. i've tried clearing dalvik cache and fixing permissions, but it's still really laggy.
    01-03-2012 01:02 PM
    does the kernel that is needed to run this well come with this? the launcher is really laggy for me. i've tried clearing dalvik cache and fixing permissions, but it's still really laggy.
    Pretty much what I've been seeing with all the ICS roms.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-03-2012 01:09 PM

Yea same here. I'm actually just keeping my Nexus S to play with in case Android ever caught up with the competition as far as UI goes (I'm using an HTC Radar as my main device on T-Mobile).

It's a shame ICS didn't fix lag and such, but I already figured hardware acceleration would only be able to help Android only so far because of the way Android is written and was originally intended for non touch screen devices.

Here's to waiting until they completely re-write Android from the ground up....
    01-03-2012 01:40 PM
    i cant get my mms messaging not gonna lie
    01-03-2012 02:45 PM
    1 more question and I'm done (I hope )
    Where is the cool colorful wallpaper that is shown on most of the galaxy nexus pics (its like orange red purple yellow) I can't seem to find it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    bkvallair likes this.
    01-03-2012 03:05 PM
    You can use the kernel already packaged or any of the others found around the web. We haven't had much time to focus on kernel development but there is plans to.

Yea same here. I'm actually just keeping my Nexus S to play with in case Android ever caught up with the competition as far as UI goes (I'm using an HTC Radar as my main device on T-Mobile).

It's a shame ICS didn't fix lag and such, but I already figured hardware acceleration would only be able to help Android only so far because of the way Android is written and was originally intended for non touch screen devices.

Here's to waiting until they completely re-write Android from the ground up....
    Just remember this isn't a final release nor does it have full optimization like google will do. There's still parts missing from source and those things still need patched so thing aren't going to be the fastest in the world right now. How can you shame ICS I'm not google this is no where near as good as their release will be. Sorry in my eyes google,JBQ,all aosp community does a hell of a good job and makes improvements all the time. If you think just cause a non optimized launcher makes things a little laggy is a reason to not use ICS then fine but no need to come into a rom development thread and bad mouth Google. That's why it's aosp you can always fire linux up download the code and make it better if you can.

i cant get my mms messaging not gonna lie
    Did you full wipe and running v-5? If so what kind of error are you getting,you sending or downloading?
    vincentallen2 and pitmasterme like this.
    01-03-2012 03:06 PM
    breey,

Just want to say thanks! Installed v5 and it is flawless for me, everything works! I am not sure if it is just my imagination or something you did, but v5 feels a lot less laggy. Maybe just wiping everything and starting fresh helped.

Thanks again!
    beezy likes this.
    01-03-2012 03:46 PM
    Just so I'm good...even coming from a previous version of this rom I should still wipe everything right?
    01-03-2012 03:51 PM
    You can use the kernel already packaged or any of the others found around the web. We haven't had much time to focus on kernel development but there is plans to.

Just remember this isn't a final release nor does it have full optimization like google will do. There's still parts missing from source and those things still need patched so thing aren't going to be the fastest in the world right now. How can you shame ICS I'm not google this is no where near as good as their release will be. Sorry in my eyes google,JBQ,all aosp community does a hell of a good job and makes improvements all the time. If you think just cause a non optimized launcher makes things a little laggy is a reason to not use ICS then fine but no need to come into a rom development thread and bad mouth Google. That's why it's aosp you can always fire linux up download the code and make it better if you can.

Did you full wipe and running v-5? If so what kind of error are you getting,you sending or downloading?
    Hey...wasn't trying to start anything or bad mouth. I guess I should have at least given a thanks or clicked the thanks button, so first thanks for taking the time to do this; I am a developer myself (not for ROMS, but as my day job) and know this stuff takes time, work, and dedication. I guess I just voiced my opinion, as there were even complaints on the official ICS that did drop before being pulled....

So first off..thanks. I appreciate the time that went into making this (and ALL ROMS that people have taken time to make). Now...with that being said.....

I still have my opinion on how ICS will turn out. Like I said, no "optimizations" Google can do will bring ICS full blown without lag because of the way Android was written from the beginning; this has been stated by Google developers themselves and has been known for a while. The only OS I have used without lag (throughout the OS....there are some poorly coded apps that aren't the fault of Microsoft) is Windows Phone. iOS 5.0.1 is crap on my iPod Touch and other iOS devices I've used (like...Windows Mobile laggy).

Anyway, this is a really nice ROM and I really do appreciate all the work that has been going into this (and, again, ALL ROMS). Not trying to start an OS war or flame war (or w/e they're called)....just voicing my opinion on the OS in general I guess, and not just this specific ROM.
    beezy likes this.
    01-03-2012 03:57 PM
    All the wallpapers have been removed and added in custom wallpapers. You can easily get all the wallpapers that were included in ICS off the intranetz.

"Dont worry, im from the intranetz!"
    01-03-2012 04:54 PM
    Want to applaud beezy and the team for their work, even back from the first build beezy compiled. I have an iPhone now (teehee) but this rom looks amazing and I still think Android 4.0 is beautiful.

Thanks for all your work, past and present.
    beezy likes this.
    01-03-2012 05:25 PM
391 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD