07-19-2012 12:17 PM
391 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Face unlock not working
    Works for me

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-05-2012 11:45 AM
    Face unlock DOES work, but the technology is far from ready. Its almost as gimmiky as the EVO 3D's 3D feature (yes.. i fell for it and own the 3D, lol ). But it does work!
    01-05-2012 12:24 PM
    So I'm having an issue with GPS. I backed up with Clockwork, wiped everything, flashed the ROM, gapps, face unlock, etc., and I can't seem to get a GPS signal. The first time I used Maps, I got the notification asking for permission to access several different things. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to write down what they were, but it asked me 3 times in a row, and each time it was asking for different permissions. I allowed all 3 of them, yet every time I try maps or navigation, it consistently searches for GPS with no results. I restored my GB backup and tested GPS to make sure it wasn't an issue with Sprint. GPS works fine through stock GB. I revert-updated back to Dooderbutt and am going to try it once more on the way home from work in a few minutes. I'll post results tonight, but in the meantime, can anyone offer suggestions as to how to fix the problem if it persists?
    01-05-2012 03:29 PM
    straight up loving it guys great job....
    beezy likes this.
    01-05-2012 03:40 PM
    Is an actual fix coming for the paid apps issue? I only ask because in app purchases don't appear to work and the work around doesn't help for that. Just wondering because I love this rom. It literally runs perfect and I really wouldn't care if we never got an official ics release....as long as a fix for this is coming lol.Thanks.
    01-05-2012 08:57 PM
    My updated experience with Dooderbut v5 rom, is almost everything works. The phone crashed playing a flash video through a website. I don't have the flash app installed. I can only buy apps using my computer. I can't download 'google car home', because the Android market states it is incompatible; however, car home came with v43 and worked fine.
    I still am pleased to use this rom daily until I read overwhelming praise about another rom.

01-05-2012 11:05 PM
    I followed all the steps. After installing GApps, rebooted and the phone is now stuck in the Android boot animation. Is not responding to power off and any other key combination.

Any help? Or is it time to get another phone?
    01-06-2012 12:36 PM
    I followed all the steps. After installing GApps, rebooted and the phone is now stuck in the Android boot animation. Is not responding to power off and any other key combination.

Pull out the battery and reboot in recovery mode.
    01-06-2012 03:44 PM
    Is an actual fix coming for the paid apps issue? I only ask because in app purchases don't appear to work and the work around doesn't help for that. Just wondering because I love this rom. It literally runs perfect and I really wouldn't care if we never got an official ics release....as long as a fix for this is coming lol.Thanks.
    We are always trying to find a new way to make this workout better but..
    The main reason you/everyone is having this issue is we are using a footprint for the market that is for ICS,all the others are using a GB footprint. I refuse to do that as i'm/we are all running a ICS ROM so why tell the market that your using GB and have that cause issues in the long run. It's a give and take with ICS for now once we have a official we can use the footprint from that and all this will be cleared up.

My updated experience with Dooderbut v5 rom, is almost everything works. The phone crashed playing a flash video through a website. I don't have the flash app installed. I can only buy apps using my computer. I can't download 'google car home', because the Android market states it is incompatible; however, car home came with v43 and worked fine.
    I still am pleased to use this rom daily until I read overwhelming praise about another rom.

If you read the above it explains this,the problem is I/we use a ICS footprint not a GB footprint. I have a idea that would probably work if you have a copy of car home copy the apk into system/app reboot it should work.(Should) I'll try to grab a copy and add it to the gapps zip or make a little zip to add it.

Pull out the battery and reboot in recovery mode.
    Do as he stated then while in recovery wipe data/factory reset,wipe cache,dalvik,and go to advanced and format system and boot then flash the ROM again. That should clear out everything.
    01-06-2012 04:49 PM
    So I'm having an issue with GPS. I backed up with Clockwork, wiped everything, flashed the ROM, gapps, face unlock, etc., and I can't seem to get a GPS signal. The first time I used Maps, I got the notification asking for permission to access several different things. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to write down what they were, but it asked me 3 times in a row, and each time it was asking for different permissions. I allowed all 3 of them, yet every time I try maps or navigation, it consistently searches for GPS with no results. I restored my GB backup and tested GPS to make sure it wasn't an issue with Sprint. GPS works fine through stock GB. I revert-updated back to Dooderbutt and am going to try it once more on the way home from work in a few minutes. I'll post results tonight, but in the meantime, can anyone offer suggestions as to how to fix the problem if it persists?
    Go into settings>apps force stop maps,clear data then open back up. If you still are having problems can you run a logcat and send to me or grab "aLogcat" from the market and let it run in the background mess around with maps then save the log send it to me via PM don't post it in the forums.
    01-06-2012 04:54 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. The Android community is inspirational in sharing information and learning.

beezy likes this.
    01-06-2012 05:12 PM
    Quick question. In the camera app, there doesn't seem to be the Tap-To-Focus feature that I've seen in Galaxy Nexus reviews. Is that not included in this build?
    01-07-2012 03:49 AM
    Quick question. In the camera app, there doesn't seem to be the Tap-To-Focus feature that I've seen in Galaxy Nexus reviews. Is that not included in this build?
    Its not part of the source that's available,this is straight source edited to get everything working. That might be a feature that gets added down the road.
    01-07-2012 04:33 AM
    Its not part of the source that's available,this is straight source edited to get everything working. That might be a feature that gets added down the road.
    Oh, right on. Definitely makes sense! Oh, well. The Macro focus setting works just as well. Thank you for the response!
    01-07-2012 02:59 PM
    I can't seem to find an answer to this issue but my Nexus S 4g is rooted and has SuperUser on it. But everytime I select Recovery it goes into a screen with an Exclamation point and stays stuck. I think it has to do with the drivers I used for my nexus but i'm following the instructions to install it from scratch and tells me to download PdaNet but when I select to download it, it says not available for my device. I have the Nexus S 4g and I want to get ICS on it. Thanks,
    01-07-2012 05:15 PM
    Noob here.
    I am not sure if im missing something or not. my phone nexus s sprint is currently unlock via one click nexus s ran the su.zip as well as stickyrecovery zip. every time I try to install the aosp rom i keep getting the following error.
    "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="crespo4g" || get prop("ro.build.product")== "crespo4g"
    e:error in /sdcard/dooderbutt-asop-v-5.zip (status 7) installation aborted.
    01-07-2012 05:56 PM
    betonthis1,
    You still have the stock recovery. You need to flash ClockworkMod Recovery. If you are rooted, the easiest way to do this is get ROM Manager from the Market. The first option in ROM Manager is "Flash ClockworkMod Recover". This will require root.

You can also flash ClockworkMod manually using your computer. Cyanogen has a great post on the Wiki for this Nexus S 4G: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki Look under "Installing the ClockworkMod Recovery Image". Although, when I do this it doesn't stick between reboots. It would load ClockworkMod Recovery right after flashing from fastboot, but after rebooting I'd be back to stock recovery.
    beezy likes this.
    01-07-2012 08:00 PM
    betonthis1,
    You still have the stock recovery. You need to flash ClockworkMod Recovery. If you are rooted, the easiest way to do this is get ROM Manager from the Market. The first option in ROM Manager is "Flash ClockworkMod Recover". This will require root.

You can also flash ClockworkMod manually using your computer. Cyanogen has a great post on the Wiki for this Nexus S 4G: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki Look under "Installing the ClockworkMod Recovery Image". Although, when I do this it doesn't stick between reboots. It would load ClockworkMod Recovery right after flashing from fastboot, but after rebooting I'd be back to stock recovery.
    Sir,

You are a scholar and a gentlemen!!! It works now!!! Thank you!!!

Edit: Just incase someone is having the same problem. Exactly how it was described, after each reboot it would go back to stock recovery and that was where the problem was. Just rebooted from Rom Manager into Recovery and worked like a charm.
    01-07-2012 09:25 PM
    First time rooting ever done tonight on my NS4G, took a little time but with everyone's help I got it done! Thanks for the help and all the time you guys have put into this.
    01-08-2012 03:24 AM
    Thanks Beezy!!!

This Rom kicks butt!!! First time doing this and I love it!! Quick question and it was asked earlier in the thread about when pressing the power button it will flash the home screen for just a second after it goes black. Any update or solution?

PS. Is there a way to get the stock ICS boot animation?
    01-08-2012 12:26 PM
    Hey team !!!! I am a first timer and have successfully rooted and updated my ns4g to ics thanks to all of your efforts and hard work. I just wanted to give a quick THANK YOU to all of you!!!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
    hhurtado1 and jondevere like this.
    01-08-2012 05:40 PM
    First of all I would like to say thank you. This is an awesome ROM.

I also experience the flash when locking my phone. Any possible solution?

Thanks Beezy!!!

This Rom kicks butt!!! First time doing this and I love it!! Quick question and it was asked earlier in the thread about when pressing the power button it will flash the home screen for just a second after it goes black. Any update or solution?

PS. Is there a way to get the stock ICS boot animation?
    01-08-2012 08:39 PM
    Ok so i think this is the best ICS rom out right now but the main complaint that i have about it is that sometimes the homescreens go blank and also the app drawer too. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a fix to this? also whats the best Kernel for this baby. I want long battery life and no lag performance.
    01-08-2012 09:23 PM
    Treyweez11, the only issue I have is when I press the power button to lock my phone then I get a flash of the homescreen after it goes black.

Homescreens/App Drawer have never gone blank for me.

After I stop a few apps from running in the background I usually get a 20+ hour battery life.
    01-08-2012 09:28 PM
    Damn 20+++??? Do you have juice defender or something? and also do you have 4g on gps and how long does your screen stay on? ive never gotten 20++ with anything and yeah i get that flash sometimes too.
    01-08-2012 09:32 PM
391 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD