[RoM] AOSP 4.0.3 - updated 02/11

Highdef808

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RoM] AOSP 4.0.3 - updated 01/02

It's not that much of a big deal, but I can't take screen shots. Every time I try I am forced to my gmail to send a bug report. Amazing job btw.

tmorisol

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Can somebody suggest a good Kernel to use with this ROM. I am not interested in overclocking, but I am interested in improved battery life. Ideas please.

dawnadevin

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Hey beezy nice to you on a ics rom I broke my nexus so haven't been on the forums in a while been since your wip source rom great job though flashed on my girls ns4g she loves it

Reactions: beezy

Spetsnazos

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

UPDATE: GPS works. I don't know exactly what I did to get it to work but I did a LOT of things so I'll list them out and give you my opinion if it worked.

I reflashed at least 5-7 times and everytime I cleared data, cache and dalvik. Dont think this helped
I disabled network location finder from the menu and left only the GPS satellite option. Don't think this helped at all.
Pulled the battery and restarted the phone. Don't think this helped, but maybe?
Installed GPS Status and and cleared the existing GPS data, then downloaded new GPS satellite data. At first this didn't do anything but I left my phone on while it tracked satellite down as I drove home and low and behold, I can now connect to GPS's.

I'm still a little skeptical about the GPS status app, but for now I'll give it the credit.

EVERYTHING WORKS under this build.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

A little birdy told me there's a kernel in testing with the same kind of love shown to it as the AOSP build has ;)

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I'll have to try your GPS test.

I'm having GPS issues -- more often it doesn't work than it does. I know I have gotten it to work on v5, but it's not at all consistent.

I can't imagine a kernel-related issue; could it be?

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RoM] AOSP 4.0.3 - updated 01/15

Just flashed to V6. Amazing job. The screen flash that previous versions had when locking phone is barely noticeable. The GPS locks on quickly (I had problems in V5 where it would connect after several minutes). No custom kernel. Hoping battery life remains good.

Nice work Beezy!

Everything is working in v5 so I'm scared to try v6 :) Any changes to GPS?

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
As usual beezy, very nice. Aside from lack of reboot option in power menu, seemingly perfect. Thankee-sai.

Long days and pleasant nights............

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

As usual beezy, very nice. Aside from lack of reboot option in power menu, seemingly perfect. Thankee-sai.

Have you tried QuickBoot from the Market? Its free and you can put shortcuts on your homescreen.

Bootloader
Reboot
Recovery
Power Off

Nice little workaround..

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Oh man Tuesday needs to roll around like yesterday. Why? Because I get my Nexus S on Tuesday. But I want it NOW. See my dilemma? :p

By the way Beezy, I happened across the Dooderbutt eariler today. He said he's going to sue you for infringing on his name which apparently is intellectual property. So I'd watch out if I were you. Just a fair warning.

Let me know if you want Okotte Nakama to administer a good beat-down.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried QuickBoot from the Market? Its free and you can put shortcuts on your homescreen.

Bootloader
Reboot
Recovery
Power Off

Nice little workaround..

Yeah.....have used it since I had my LS670 and use it when I have dooderbutt loaded up.....Just nice to have it in the power menu....

ashmiller

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys,

Great work again on updating this thing! You guys provide more support for this phone than Google and Sprint combined! I just had a couple of questions though, what updates are we looking at in that updated Google Apps zip? Also, have you guys happened to re-enable facebook contacts syncing that was unavailable in stock?

Thanks again for all of your work, you guys are the best!