[RoM] AOSP 4.0.3 - updated 02/11

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a flashable file I can use from this rom to get the ics keyboard? I'm back on gingerbread, and my brain/fingers are now accustomed to the awesome keyboard from dooderbutt. The ics keyboards on the market lack features from the real ics

Sent from Vincent's Dooderbutt AOSP ICS Sprint Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk....yeah, that's a long signature ;)

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
GPS issues

Still having GPS issues with v6. Can't seem to get a lock at all. Open skies.

No other issues with v6 it seems...just the GPS.

Anyone else still having issues?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RoM] AOSP 4.0.3 - updated 01/15

I'm sorry...did someone explain the origin of the term "dooderbutt" already?

EDIT - PS: dropped 1% over 2.5 hours while at a restaurant this evening. Awesome. (of course, -65dbm surely helped)

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Still having GPS issues with v6. Can't seem to get a lock at all. Open skies.

No other issues with v6 it seems...just the GPS.

Anyone else still having issues?

Yeah I've had that problem, that's actually the reason why I'm back to gingerbread. I was stuck outside of town twice and my phones navigation couldn't find me. Pretty scary stuff

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

I had been running the latest CM7 nightly for ever, every now and then switching to ICS. Well the nightly literally finally took a on me, so decided to try this... again.. Much much much much better then what I tried before. Only issue right now seems signal strength, but we will see once I get around some more.

So far from what I seen this can easily be run as daily. I have Matrix 14.5 Colors on the SD Card, not really convinced I should even flash it right now.

mikelessard

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RoM] AOSP 4.0.3

Very well done! It was actually more stable and easier to work with than my client's Galaxy Nexus. My banking app is the only thing that wouldn't run, everything else is fine. It's a keeper!

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Also having GPS issues with this ROM. Is there a fix coming?

I briefly flashed vhgomez 2.5.1 to see if the GPS issue was ROM-related. I had trouble getting GPS on vhgomez as well. I don't think it's my phone since GPS worked just fine when I had GB running (stock and ROMs).

Must be something with the ICS ROMs.

Will wait it out. Don't use GPS that often, but when I want it, I really miss it.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you let it sit searching for location for awhile. Just today, it did take 5 minutes or maybe a little more for me to lock position. Never took that long before for me. Try waiting it out though, and try toggling gps off/on while maps isnl open.

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Anyone having MMS issues? (As for GPS goes, I am having issues today. Saturday, when I used it, it was perfect..)

King Koopa VI

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Just got over a full day on one charge on V6 with what I wouldn't call it minimal use either. Stock battery too. Lots of messaging including text, Talk, and the Google+ messanger. A couple phone calls, downloaded a couple apps, listened to music, used the browser...the list goes on and on.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Did you let it sit searching for location for awhile. Just today, it did take 5 minutes or maybe a little more for me to lock position. Never took that long before for me. Try waiting it out though, and try toggling gps off/on while maps isnl open.

I've tried it a bunch of times. Variable time. 5 minutes is too long for any reasonable GPS device to lock, however. Tonight in my car, I navigated home with my Garmin and my phone still didn't lock.

When on PoolParty 1.5 GPS locked in under 10 seconds...always.

It's not a criticism of this ROM, which I think is great and have come to consider my DD. Nevertheless...there's something not right with the way GPS functions.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've tried it a bunch of times. Variable time. 5 minutes is too long for any reasonable GPS device to lock, however. Tonight in my car, I navigated home with my Garmin and my phone still didn't lock.

When on PoolParty 1.5 GPS locked in under 10 seconds...always.

It's not a criticism of this ROM, which I think is great and have come to consider my DD. Nevertheless...there's something not right with the way GPS functions.

I completely agree that 5 minutes is too long...... was just curious.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I completely agree that 5 minutes is too long...... was just curious.

Yeah. It's just one of those phone quirks -- I have a feeling. Like I said, I use GPS (or want to use it) once or twice per week. Not a deal breaker for me by any stretch.

I guess my Garmin is not dead yet! (Makes me feel like the blood, sweat and tears that went into hard-wiring it into my car were not in vain.)

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Are you goings doing FULL wipes? (Including formatting) GPS locked on in like 2 seconds for me.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Are you goings doing FULL wipes? (Including formatting) GPS locked on in like 2 seconds for me.

I'm doing manual formats, using the wipe_all.zip file, CWM wipes, etc. They're ain't nothing on that phone prior to ROM install.

stewfalcon1

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Messaging notification
I noticed that there is no notification number on the built-in messaging app showing the number of unread messages. Is this a bug in the ROM or is this feature going to be taken away in ICS?

I am using handcent sms in the meantime to have that feature. But would like to use the native, built-in messaging client. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel