[RoM] AOSP 4.0.3 - updated 02/11

allendj81

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RoM] AOSP 4.0.3 - updated 01/15

So ive been using this room starting with V5. I flashed to the newest version V6, no issues or fc's whatsoever. The 2 minor glitches that ive noticed is the flash after screen turns off and the color hue which seems opaque or washed out. I fixed the color hue with voodoo and its looking amazing now. Also, with V5 and its stock kernel, I managed to get a highest quadrant score of 1900; I ran quadrants a few times after flashing V6 and the highest score i was able to get was and 1250...could this be due to the change of kernels in V6?

Amazing work tho, this rom is super stable :cool:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

So ive been using this room starting with V5. I flashed to the newest version V6, no issues or fc's whatsoever. The 2 minor glitches that ive noticed is the flash after screen turns off and the color hue which seems opaque or washed out. I fixed the color hue with voodoo and its looking amazing now. Also, with V5 and its stock kernel, I managed to get a highest quadrant score of 1900; I ran quadrants a few times after flashing V6 and the highest score i was able to get was and 1250...could this be due to the change of kernels in V6?

Amazing work tho, this rom is super stable :cool:

Thanks for that feedback, I'll probably be switching back towards a more stock kernel with the next update. I'll be adding some other things from the leak that will help make things even better.The little glitch you see when turning of is even in the leak it needs more work it's getting there.

@everyone I'll get a update together soon,my main work horse got tired of working for me and decided to got to PC heaven.

Reactions: Paul627g

bpuli

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

So just saw the link over on XDA to the "official" 4.0.4 build for the NS4G. Any chance we could get a flashable zip of that?

BTW, been on v6 for about 2 weeks now - it is truly amazing. Thanks for all the hard work.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

So just saw the link over on XDA to the "official" 4.0.4 build for the NS4G. Any chance we could get a flashable zip of that?

BTW, been on v6 for about 2 weeks now - it is truly amazing. Thanks for all the hard work.

Yep,it's up for download here!!!

Dooderbutt will continue to be built from source code and the other ROM will stay almost completely stock.

fuzzeeman

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey, i hope this isn't a stupid question but...
On the homescreen picture how are your "photo apps" folderized? Is this a new feature on ICS or is that a seperate mod?

btw... love this. Totally new to this, but managed to install this on my phone no problemo yesterday. Thanks so much!

allendj81

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

are you talking about the "photo gallery" widget? If so, just go to your application drawer, get to the widget section and look for the gallery widget, than just drop it in one of your home screens.

allendj81

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for that feedback, I'll probably be switching back towards a more stock kernel with the next update. I'll be adding some other things from the leak that will help make things even better.The little glitch you see when turning of is even in the leak it needs more work it's getting there.

@everyone I'll get a update together soon,my main work horse got tired of working for me and decided to got to PC heaven.

One more thing not working is the effects (silly faces) on the video camera. Video camera stops working and closes when you try to use these effects

Arthur Pendragon

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

bah. just like last version, the GPS is broken. it thinks my location is somewhere I was yesterday, and Navigation hopelessly asks me to Follow the Route into infinity.

I need navigation, does anyone have advice?

I've used V4 and V6 of this ROM, and the GPS has never been very reliable. 90% of the time it gets stuck at a certain location -- usually the first location it locks onto per boot. I need to restart the phone for the GPS to "unfreeze."

I wiped everything before each flash -- data/factory, cache, Dalvik. What could I be doing wrong? Only some of us seem to have GPS issues while others do not.

This might be related and it might not: sometimes it will not connect to 3G without a restart. i.e. I turn on WIFI, which turns off 3G, and when I turn off WIFI it will not reconnect to 3G no matter how long I wait or where I go. But a simple restart fixes the problem.

Again, maybe related, maybe not: sometimes it takes 30 - 60 seconds for airplane mode to take effect. I hold power, hit the airplane mode button -- nothing. I bring that menu up again, and the airplane mode button is grayed out; it can't be pressed. I just have to wait it out. Airplane mode eventually decides to kick in.

Even with these bugs, I prefer ICS to GB. Thanks for all the work you did to bring it to us early!

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

You need to format system and format boot to do a full wipe.

On a side note... this needs Torch built in, and into the toggle controls. Biggest thing I miss from CM7.

kdgaydos

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Any plans on making a V7 with the newly released 4.04 files? I flashed the 4.04 files and I have noticed a few bugs. The Bluetooth setting take a minute or two to initialize and start before it will connect to my devices, the proximity sensor doesn't work while on a call, the screen just locks. My battery will usually last the day but, I barely made it through one day. The system has crashed and rebooted on me twice today so, I guess it's time to Flash V6 again and stay for good until updates are available. Also wanted to take the time to thank you for all your hard work. I didn't care for GB because of the things that where no longer available that I used in Froyo. I love the drop down power options, this saves allot of valueable real estate on my home screens.

Last edited:

Sorkzilla

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

All I can say is THANK YOU! Thanks to your hard work on all this I have fallen in love with my nexus all over again. After seeing what the "leaked" stock 4.0.4 really looks like I realized that although I tend to never want to stray away from stock, your modifications to ICS have made it far superior to stock and so for now I'm sticking with yours! Thanks again!

Arthur Pendragon

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

You need to format system and format boot to do a full wipe.

On a side note... this needs Torch built in, and into the toggle controls. Biggest thing I miss from CM7.

Okay, I did this and reflashed. I don't think it made a difference. I was on a long 1.5 hour drive last night, and at the start, my GPS position was frozen. I restarted, and it began functioning as expected. A little while later, it was frozen again.

Also, my Gallery app crashes frequently.

betonthis1

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I did this and reflashed. I don't think it made a difference. I was on a long 1.5 hour drive last night, and at the start, my GPS position was frozen. I restarted, and it began functioning as expected. A little while later, it was frozen again.

Also, my Gallery app crashes frequently.

I just noticed that my Navigation wasn't working yesterday while trying to get to a repair shop but I was able to work with Google Maps which tracked my location. Weird.

Csarles

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know how to disable the android keyboard so i may enable the flex t9 keyboard? I cannot get it to let me.

Ryan Fait

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! Great ROM!

For anyone having trouble with the GPS, I, too, had a bit of trouble with it today. I used Navigation for the first time since flashing the ROM, and it took around 5 minutes before it was able to find a GPS signal. Once it was connected, it took me to my destination just fine.

I needed to use use Navigation later tonight again, and it still took about 5 minutes to find GPS. (really glad it did finally connect, because I was seriously lost this time with a freeway closure!)

When I got home, I tested it one more time, and it still took that 5 minutes to connect. Then I rebooted. I've tested 3 times now, and the GPS has connected almost instantly and Navigation worked perfectly each time.

dodgebusta

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site

1st off I love the ROM and all the hard work everybody has in to it. But I have gotten horrible battery life since updating on 1/16, last one I was able to get over 12 hours of light use and now I re wiped everything (3rd time) and haven even installed one single app and now I get less than 8 hour with just doing less phone calls and less texts, than when I was getting over 12 hours, no data usage. Right now I am flashed back to the previous update, for over a day and have full apps and had 12 hours of battery again...but want to know if anybody else has noticed this.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I've rebooted plenty of times- I hate to say it, but GPS has been very inconsistent on this ROM.

betonthis1

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

1st off I love the ROM and all the hard work everybody has in to it. But I have gotten horrible battery life since updating on 1/16, last one I was able to get over 12 hours of light use and now I re wiped everything (3rd time) and haven even installed one single app and now I get less than 8 hour with just doing less phone calls and less texts, than when I was getting over 12 hours, no data usage. Right now I am flashed back to the previous update, for over a day and have full apps and had 12 hours of battery again...but want to know if anybody else has noticed this.

I can't say without a doubt what my battery life is with this ROM but I have had to charge it more frequently. I used to be able to go a whole day without having to charge it now it seems like its mid-day, afternoon it needs a charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae