[RoM] AOSP 4.0.3 - updated 02/11

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Check out post #3 for a new Launcher mod. Enjoy!

5x4 grid

7FkIb0fl

Gdefender

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the ROM for almost 2 months so I figured I'd drop my opinions. Take them for what they're worth. Thanks for this wonderful ROM! It's been great for daily use!

Things I like:
  • I started with version 5 and found it to be very stable but it seemed slow compared to GB, so I didn't use it daily. Version 6 is considerably faster and completely stable for me (whenever I try to overclock it becomes unstable so I don't OC.)
  • ICS Launcher, calendar layout, settings menu... and all ICS goodness
  • Notification bar widget with power options, etc.
  • Mods for battery info in the status bar. I love seeing the % up there.
  • Everything seems to work and nothing is broken!

Things I don't like:
  • Version 7 added rotation and I don't really like that, an option or mod to turn it off would be great. I also happened to like the unplug wake, but I can live with that turned off.
  • Version 7 seems generally slower than version 6 to me. I'm sticking with version 6 for now.
  • I can't see the message portion of most of my Exchange meeting invites and I don't know why. This may just be an ICS thing. In GB I could see the message. This has been a problem for me because my meetings often include conference call number details and I can't see those on my phone any more.

Things I would like to see, and I wish I knew how to help with:
  • Ability to sync with Facebook account using the Facebook app. I know this was disabled by Google so not specific to this ROM, but it's enabled in CM and I miss it.
  • 4G toggle notification widget (the home screen widget works great).

kdgaydos

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I am so glad I discovered your thread. I am using v7 with no glitches and it's awesome. I had a small question though, is there anyway to change the overall color? i.e.Gingerbread being Green and ICS being Blue. Could you change theses colors to say Pink or maybe Grey? I know I could get ADW or some other home screen editor to help with that but, had a bad expierence with one trying to change my internet homepage and it would send me to a diffrent market to download apps. Just wondering, I know you guys do some great stuff and I appreciate it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am so glad I discovered your thread. I am using v7 with no glitches and it's awesome. I had a small question though, is there anyway to change the overall color? i.e.Gingerbread being Green and ICS being Blue. Could you change theses colors to say Pink or maybe Grey? I know I could get ADW or some other home screen editor to help with that but, had a bad expierence with one trying to change my internet homepage and it would send me to a diffrent market to download apps. Just wondering, I know you guys do some great stuff and I appreciate it.
I will let the Hydro guys speak for themselves on this but from my own standpoint changing all the colors in ICS or any version of OS is a pain in the butt... For a complete change over to remove say ICS blue your talking hundreds and hundreds of images that have to be recolored and then go in and make a few dozen XML edits to the code in the ROM and in the apps themselves. It can be done but its quite an undertaking. This is something that normally falls under the "theme" category and not a normal part of a ROM release.

This is just my views/opinion on it just so you understand what is involved. The Team Hydro guys may have a different view or take on this which is their choice. Overall its a killer ROM!

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the ROM for almost 2 months so I figured I'd drop my opinions. Take them for what they're worth. Thanks for this wonderful ROM! It's been great for daily use!

Things I like:
  • I started with version 5 and found it to be very stable but it seemed slow compared to GB, so I didn't use it daily. Version 6 is considerably faster and completely stable for me (whenever I try to overclock it becomes unstable so I don't OC.)
  • ICS Launcher, calendar layout, settings menu... and all ICS goodness
  • Notification bar widget with power options, etc.
  • Mods for battery info in the status bar. I love seeing the % up there.
  • Everything seems to work and nothing is broken!

Things I don't like:
  • Version 7 added rotation and I don't really like that, an option or mod to turn it off would be great. I also happened to like the unplug wake, but I can live with that turned off.
  • Version 7 seems generally slower than version 6 to me. I'm sticking with version 6 for now.
  • I can't see the message portion of most of my Exchange meeting invites and I don't know why. This may just be an ICS thing. In GB I could see the message. This has been a problem for me because my meetings often include conference call number details and I can't see those on my phone any more.

Things I would like to see, and I wish I knew how to help with:
  • Ability to sync with Facebook account using the Facebook app. I know this was disabled by Google so not specific to this ROM, but it's enabled in CM and I miss it.
  • 4G toggle notification widget (the home screen widget works great).

Would also love it if we could turn off the auto rotation for the lock screen.

michaelsdk

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been running v5 for a while now. Decided to look for an update, so here I am. I downloaded v7 and when I attempt to flash, I get this error:

-- Installing: /sdcard/Download/Dooderbutt-AOSP-v7.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/Download/Dooderbutt-AOSP-v7.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.​

Help?

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Would also love it if we could turn off the auto rotation for the lock screen.

Yes, I hate the auto rotate lock screen. When I take my phone out of my pocket, it is always rotated and takes a few seconds to reorient

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using NFC notice this ROM is no longer supported after the latest Google Wallet update?

Sent from my Dooderbutt powered Nexus S

park city

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
just noticed this myself. I havent been able to use GW for a while since they had removed the prepaid google card option utill the release a fix for the incredible insecure 4 digit pin issue.

I still had 1$ on that card....drat.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
just noticed this myself. I havent been able to use GW for a while since they had removed the prepaid google card option utill the release a fix for the incredible insecure 4 digit pin issue.

I still had 1$ on that card....drat.

Unsupported device is just a warning for is rooted users letting us know we are SOL if anything goes wrong because we are rooted, like losing your phone and someone drains your card. I just charged my pre paid card and used it at 7/11 it worked no problems.

Sent from my Dooderbutt powered Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

michaelsdk

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what changed since v5 that could cause certain live wallpapers to become inaccessible from the market? I had Halo Live Battery Wallpaper installed and working on v5 but v7 won't load it through market app, and navigating to the wallpaper through browser brings up incompatible warning

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
michaelsdk - I found a Mystic Halo Live Wallpaper that worked just fine, downloaded and installed from the Market Google Play Store. I am running v7.

yofat004

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I really love this rom and it gets even better with every release! However I have been struggling to get the GPS working to no avail since I first flashed v3.

I've tried what others have tried including clearing Maps data, uninstalling/reinstalling it, downloading GPS Fix and other apps to help with aGPS data downloads, waiting for up to 15 mins to get a fix, using other apps to try and get a GPS fix, and complete wipe and reflashing the rom.

Kind of at my end here, no other options left, and it's not the device because GPS was working for all apps before I came to this rom.

Any other pointers out there?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Just a little update on how things are going...
Justin just had a baby so if you see him around make sure to say congrats.;)
Me,I'm in the middle of moving/remolding so things have been completely crazy lately. I still do as much work as I can when I have the free time. I should be all moved in and have everything set back up to pump out another update.
I've been throwing around a idea in my head for awhile and I need to talk with the other guys first but I'm thinking about doing some type of a nightly,it might not be so nightly but more of a help us test things. That would be of great help to all of us. That way we get more eyes on stuff to find any issues. As always these would be beta test builds that could function 100% and there be a good chance that somethings wouldn't work right at all. These we be in a different tester thread. I'll get back to everyone about that after I get to talk it over with everyone. We'll get a update together soon;)

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
yofat004 - GPS wasn't working a few versions back for me (I think v3 - v5) but here with the latest version, it works perfect. I do want to point out that I make sure I cleared every last bit on my phone, from dalvik to sd card, when I flashed the last time. I know you've probably tried this already but I just wanted to throw out my experience with the ROM. Try reflashing and clearing caches a few times.

Reactions: yofat004

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
hey guys. gotta bit of a problem. My messenger was force closing so I rebooted my phone and not it's stuck on the android bootscreen all day. I was wondering what to do. Is there any way to salvage my phone with out having to lose all my data?