i have searched and searched, maybe some one can help me out here. i have a NS4G running oICSv43 with the trinity kernal. i want to know how to turn the four buttons at the bottom off completly. i know bln can turn off the lights but i want to disable them all together. any help would be great thanks.
    12-28-2011 10:50 AM
    I don't think anyone has come up with a modification for this as of yet since most people have frowned against using the ICS based on screen touch buttons since it eats up screen availability.
    12-28-2011 02:48 PM
    thanks just wondering if someone else might have seen something somewhere else.
    12-28-2011 03:49 PM
    thanks just wondering if someone else might have seen something somewhere else.
    You need a kernel that supports touch wake.

If anyone else wants this behavior, you can use this script as a workaround:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    echo "0" > sys/class/misc/touchwake/delay
    If you run this at boot, it will set the value in NSTools to 0ms, and you can toggle TouchWake on and off using the app.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Paul627g likes this.
    12-29-2011 11:48 AM
    There is a setting you can change within the kernel to remove the lights completley OR to have them turn off after a set amount of time. Gotta either learn to build a kernel OR beg and plead with a Developer to get that in a kernel. GOOD LUCK!
    12-29-2011 12:19 PM
    There is a setting you can change within the kernel to remove the lights completley OR to have them turn off after a set amount of time. Gotta either learn to build a kernel OR beg and plead with a Developer to get that in a kernel. GOOD LUCK!
    Well if you can play with the touch wake option in a script then there is probably more that can be done with the script to make it stick without having to reapply it...

Again all this is easier too when you have a ROM that supports init.d so you can ditch Rom Tool Box for maintaining/applying your scripts...
    jondevere likes this.
    12-29-2011 12:48 PM
    Only time I'll ever get into the onscreen buttons is if you can configure them (bring back the menu button darn it!) and if you can apply a gesture to tuck them away (swipe down) when not needed. If someday I could use a Galaxy Nexus with Dolphin HD and use the ENTIRE SCREEN for webbrowsing, I'm all in... but until then- the capacitive I think I'll prefer.
    12-29-2011 04:43 PM
    I think this would be pretty cool if it was put into a rom. It'll kind of give us the experience of having a Galaxy Nexus. I would definitely root my NS4G again if this were to be made
    12-30-2011 05:18 PM
    Well I think the optional mod exists to bring the onscreen buttons into play. Then you need to work the script as Zigg suggested to kill the 4 buttons and your basically in business...
    12-30-2011 05:38 PM
    What's all this "you need to" business Paul? You did your share of Rom cookery and have a lot of pull with the Sprint usual ROM Chefs.

Just because I downloaded ADB doesn't mean I know what I'm doing! Heck, I can barely string together a sentence much less a command line.
    12-31-2011 02:48 AM
    What's all this "you need to" business Paul? You did your share of Rom cookery and have a lot of pull with the Sprint usual ROM Chefs.

Just because I downloaded ADB doesn't mean I know what I'm doing! Heck, I can barely string together a sentence much less a command line.
    Ya I know... I have put away my ROM hat... I did it once and it was enough, I had fun while it lasted. Now I'm more into helping users and doing my themes which I need to get moving on.....
    12-31-2011 12:04 PM
    Sigh, if you must "put away the hat" so be it... you had quite the following in Epic land- bringing sun to those who had little.
    01-01-2012 01:03 AM
    i have searched and searched, maybe some one can help me out here. i have a NS4G running oICSv43 with the trinity kernal. i want to know how to turn the four buttons at the bottom off completly. i know bln can turn off the lights but i want to disable them all together. any help would be great thanks.
    To the OP, may I suggest this excellent ROM. "GummyNexus-S 4G"! The on-screen buttons have been re-sized to a pretty damn reasonable size, and they've been themed to blue, so if the "on-screen button look" is your thing, then this is probably the coolest out there. . For best effect, with the hardware button lights, you'll need to d/l "NStools" from the market, and get a kernel that supports backlight-dimmer/touch-wake functionality. My personal recommendation would be one of these kernels: Eugene's latest "speedy" kernel, MathKid's v13.5 Matrix kernel**,(NOT v14.0, as I've found it to break wifi on the 4G), or, from the man who gave us all these mods: Ezekeel's GLADOS Kernel 2.7.
    What I personally know to work well, is Backlight-Dimmer: ON, with Delay at 0ms or 500ms. At a Delay of 0ms, the buttons will light up for like 1/100th of a second, and promptly turn off. With Delay at 500ms, the buttons will actually light up clearly for a full second or so, then turn off. Touchwake is supposed to be the same basic thing, however, I've never tried it for this scenario. Read through the thread for further advice on this.
    Here is the XDA thread. It's a port of the popular Galaxy Nexus ROM: "GummyNexus" by Kejar31. If you want the Galaxy Nexus look for kicks, try it out. If you like it, give mobile_sensei a thanks, as he has done this all from GummyNexus source, as opposed to mixing zip-files
    [ROM] GummyNexus S 4G - .v5.2 - xda-developers
    01-09-2012 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD