Quick lock GPS
aosp split mms send/receive included
Google Calender Sync
4G Wimax
Nexus S Settings { No need to Install Voodoo App }
CyanogenMod Setting
A little Modification to the build prop
To much to list... A MUST TRY ROM

Here we go another ICS based ROM which is great because we like options/choices... Give it a look, hit the source/link above and feel free to come back and discuss...

No credit taken here, just passing along...

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is a great ROM, guys.

Anyone dissatisfied with their ICS ROM speed (e.g., lag, MMS, GPS) should check out this puppy. Flashed it yesterday and replaced with Matr1x 13.0, and we're running smoothly.

I had a handful of FCs when using Titanium on the first run (which really bummed me out), but haven't had a problem since that time.

vhgomez36

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow...can't believe there isn't more commentary about this ROM.

Thanks for trying the Rom.

All the other Developers are excellent and recognized devs. I learned from reading about them. So know worries here...what matters is that the user is happy with they have on their phone.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow...can't believe there isn't more commentary about this ROM.

Hmmm.... I normally don't like to post negative stuff about someone's hard work but you asked.

I did a complete wipe of system, data, cache partition and dalvik. While 1st impression was nice an hour into it things went bad.

Forced closing of the Trebuchet launcher became so bad l couldn't do anything but pull the battery to get a restart.

Restarted the phone and everything was fine until I again opened the trebuchet settings. Went to the dock settings button and nothing happened. Dock settings button or link would highlight then go out. But would not take me to the settings. Exited the launcher setting and bingo... Looked just like windows without the video drivers loaded and in safe mode. Icons are now super huge and very grainy. Again had to pull the battery.

Thinking it is trebuchet causing this. I loaded the nova launcher. Everything seemed to be doing better until going into ns tools ANY kind of settings changes no matter how small caused multiple forced closes and eventually led to another battery pull.

Time to roll up the sleeves and get to work. Wiped system, data, cache partition and dalvik again. Reloaded this rom again (From a 2nd download). Booted, opened trebuchet again. Same damned problems. Battery pull. Boot into recovery. Fixed permissions. Still same issues.

Booted into recovery. Cleared cache partition and dalvik then flashed matr1x v13. Again it seemed to run ok for a while. But always within 30 minutes it would be back to the same things. Forced closings of almost every app. I would remove that app and a different app would start forced closing. Finally called it a night after going through two fully charged batteries.

Reloaded my backup this morning and all is right with my phone.

To be honest, my phone is VERY particular about what roms it likes. It will run fine on almost any gingerbread rom/kernel combination. But when it comes to ICS only 1 rom has seemed to work. While i was pretty excited that this rom was working well from the start. After about a half hour things went sour quickly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ikepre

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This is a great rom. Been running smoothly for a couple days. I would say most of the ics roms are similar now but this one has a noticeable bump in speed. Everything works for me . Thanks vhgomez36

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is a great rom. Been running smoothly for a couple days. I would say most of the ics roms are similar now but this one has a noticeable bump in speed. Everything works for me . Thanks vhgomez36

Forgot to add in my post above, my quadrant score was just over 400 with this rom. Again I want to state, my phone is VERY particular on ICS roms so do not let my experience stop you from trying this rom.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Skunk-

Hmmm, that does suck indeed. It's amazing that such an automated process such as phone manufacturing can lead to such different results with basic tasks.

But, sorry to hear. I know how you feel. If I wasn't running SyndicateROM Frozen on my Epic 4G, it FC'd frequently with other ROMs. My NS4G seemed to like PoolParty better than the other GB ROMs. Kind of frustrating how there is that level of unpredictability.