Hey,

I'm sure this has been covered/experienced somewhere here before, but here's what's going on:

I am new to rooting/ROMs, and the other day I rooted my day using Doomlord's Easy Root Toolkit. This was a nondestructive root process. [GUIDE] Simple, Non-Destructive Root for Nexus S i9023, i9020A and 4G Gingerbread - xda-developers

The rooting went fine as far as I can tell.. I've downloaded and used several apps that require Superuser. All work fine.

When I try to use Clockwork Rom Manager (Premium), I do all the necessary steps.. I do the CRM Recovery ROM, I click on download ROM, it downloads, I select wipe data/cache and backup ROM, but during the reboot, I just get stuck at the recovery screen, with no backup performed, and no ROM flashed.

I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that when I look at the lock state on my phone on the recovery screen it still says "Locked".. I understand you need the bootloader unlocked, not locked, to backup and apply new ROMs, correct? Is this my problem?

If this IS my problem, then how do I nondestructively unlock the bootloader so I can continue the process of backing up my ROM and flashing a new one?

Many many many thanks in advance.
    01-07-2012 12:19 PM
    If by "non-destructively" you mean "without wiping my phone", then it's not possible. Just back up everything ahead of time.
    01-09-2012 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD