Is to root my phone to get LED notifications and tethering.. Can I root my phone without a PC or a PC that's not connected to the internet? Is this possible? I have a nexus a 4F from Sprint
    01-14-2012 05:00 PM
    You need to be connected to the Internet to download your devices divers if you don't already. As for rooting you need to know the process try shabbypenguins one click root. To use the notification you need a custom rom and kernel. I use the matrix kernel and it works great.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-14-2012 05:49 PM
    Ok shabby penguins where do I get that? Is that an app?
    01-14-2012 05:56 PM
    I'm not sure if I downloaded the drives before when I had internet but when I connect my phone to my computer it recognizes it with no problem
    01-14-2012 05:58 PM
    Go on qbking77 YouTube channel and search for the video. I'd provide a link but I'm on my phone at the moment.

01-14-2012 06:59 PM
    Jezer, hopefully you found the video Vkarlski is talking about. If not, here you go

I just rooted my friends with this method and it is super easy. Would have saved me a bit of headache if it had been out when I did my own phone.
    01-15-2012 05:44 PM
    Thanx guys I found the video which wad very informative.. I will go to my friends house tomorrow to give it a try cus I currently don't have internet in my house. I was thinking of downloading the zip file to my phone from my mobile browser but from my experience that doesn't work. I need a program to unzip it first then go from there. Or am I wrong about that? Again I'm grateful for ya input
    01-15-2012 08:24 PM
    Yes you need to unzip I, use winrar for zip files I need to unzip.

01-16-2012 08:20 AM