I just rooted and I am setting it backup like it was before the root and then I will take a NID backup. I have one question if I go under setting privicy and factory reset, will this remove root access and my clockwork recovery?
    01-28-2012 06:14 PM
    No it won't but it will probably cause some issues so ignore the option in Settings from here on out.

The only factory reset your worried about now is in ClockWorkMod.

The option.. Factory Reset/User Data Wipe. (This is the wipe option you use to clear things out to setup to flash a new ROM. )
    rem_kujawa likes this.
    01-28-2012 06:35 PM
    Cool thank you Paul. I'm rooted backed up now, so maybe I'll try a ROM.
    01-28-2012 07:08 PM
    I don't know what this means but I wanted a reboot widget and found one and installed it. It was a root required app and when I launched it it said I was not rooted. Is this just an issue with the app.
    01-28-2012 09:32 PM
    I don't know what this means but I wanted a reboot widget and found one and installed it. It was a root required app and when I launched it it said I was not rooted. Is this just an issue with the app.
    Do you have an app called superuser? If you do, then you are rooted.
    01-28-2012 10:50 PM
    Sometimes root doesn't take in some situations. Its rare but does happen..

Using one or two root access apps and answering the root access question at startup will confirm if root is working or not.
    01-29-2012 01:16 AM
    Yeah it was just the app. I am now using quickboot recommended by Paul.
    01-30-2012 04:23 PM
    I just rooted and I am setting it backup like it was before the root and then I will take a NID backup. I have one question if I go under setting privicy and factory reset, will this remove root access and my clockwork recovery?
    Congratulations for coming over to the dark side.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    01-30-2012 04:40 PM
    Thanks, even if you are not into ROM's it's still worth the effort for full backups.
    01-30-2012 04:46 PM
    Thanks, even if you are not into ROM's it's still worth the effort for full backups.
    You'll eventually flash a ROM.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    01-30-2012 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD