I'm rooted, installed ROM Manager ... by accident installed the gingerbread version of Bugless Beast. I then tried to install the ICS version, and i get an error message and it aborts installation. When flashing ROMS, do you have to go back to original stock and then flash a new custom one? Is there another way for me to get bugless (ICS) on my phone other than ROM Manager?

This is what it says in ClockworkMod Recovery screen:

E: Can't open /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/wonderly, etc.
    01-29-2012 05:33 PM
    It shouldn't matter which version of OS/ROM you flash into. I have jumped back and forth between GB and ICS ROMs...

Best option for Pete's ROM is Google, Pete Alfonso and it will pull up the info to his direct site.
    01-29-2012 05:36 PM
    Ok, good to know. Any idea as to why I ran into that problem installing that particular ROM? Said that it couldn't open the file.
    01-29-2012 05:38 PM
    Not sure... At times ROM Manager can cause some strange things to happen... For the most part it works but occasionally like anything else things screw up from time to time.
    01-29-2012 05:43 PM
    Gotcha. If I manually download the ROM zip file, should I just move it to my SD card? And then manually run the file to install it?

[EDIT] I manually downloaded the file, moved it to root of SD card, then using ROM Manager installed it. It's installing now as I type!!!!!
    01-29-2012 05:46 PM
    Gotcha. If I manually download the ROM zip file, should I just move it to my SD card? And then manually run the file to install it?

[EDIT] I manually downloaded the file, moved it to root of SD card, then using ROM Manager installed it. It's installing now as I type!!!!!
    I would just boot into recovery and use cwm. Nothing but bad luck with rom manager. The only thing I would use on it is the boot to recovery option. But that isn't hardly necessary as most roms have that choice already in the shutdown menu.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    01-29-2012 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD