Is there a way to Root the Nexus S 4G without connecting it to your computer using the usb cable, via wireless perhaps? Unfortunately about a month ago my cat decided she didn't like my phone and peed on it. Yes she pee'd on it! I thought I had cleaned it up but after recharging it for a few minutes I noticed smoke coming out of the USB port. I unplugged the charger from my phone but the chargers connection and the usb on my phone were both fried. Since I didn't pay for a replacement plan I have been charging the battery in an external charger.

01-30-2012 06:21 PM
    None that I'm aware of...

Have you considered contacting some of your local independent repair shops or even Samsung and see what the cost/replacement options you have?
    01-30-2012 06:24 PM
    Considering a replacement via warranty would still be a deduct able $100... used on Craigslist or eBay, these go for $150 or so. Not cheap I know...but better than one that doesn't work. Yeah I wish z4 root worked for this phone... but it doesn't.
    01-30-2012 06:42 PM
    No I haven't contacted them. I'm not sure if the cost of repair is worth being able to root the phone or I may just wait for the official OTA even though that seems like it may never come.
    01-30-2012 06:42 PM
    I use my phone for work and personal and have a 6 month old baby. I really can't be without my phone if it requires an extended time to repair.
    01-30-2012 06:43 PM
    Considering a replacement via warranty would still be a deduct able $100... used on Craigslist or eBay, these go for $150 or so. Not cheap I know...but better than one that doesn't work. Yeah I wish z4 root worked for this phone... but it doesn't.
    I thought about a replacement but if I'm going to spend money on a phone I'd rather wait and get an upgrade. I think my next upgrade is in May or June.
    01-30-2012 06:47 PM
    I use my phone for work and personal and have a 6 month old baby. I really can't be without my phone if it requires an extended time to repair.
    Take an old phone and have them activate that while it is being repaired. I had to live with a baby pink palm centro for a week but I had a phone(I'm a guy so it was a little embarrassing )
    01-30-2012 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD