[INFO]HOW TO FLASH YOUR RADIO/MODEM USING FASTBOOT

Figure I might as well throw this out there for everyone... Thre are various guides out there but none really go into good detail for our newer or not so tech savy users....[/INFO]

[NOTE]
    The radio needs to be flashed via your bootloader and fastboot. The following shows how to do so using the newest Odin-ICS Android v4.0.4 Leak. You can still apply this technique to flashing any of the older/official radios available.

So you need the following...

Download : fastboot.exe (if you don't have it already from the android-sdk/platform-tools/ folder)

Create a folder on your C:/ called "FASTBOOT" and drop that fastboot.exe file inside it.

Next take that tar file from the Odin Android 4.0.4 leak package and extract the following file...

SPH-D720_IMM26_KL2_Modem_signed.tar

Once you extract that file above you will see the following file...

signed_radio.img

Take that signed_radio.img and drop it into that " FASTBOOT " folder I told you to create earlier.

Next boot into your bootloader (powered off, press and hold volume up + power)

Now in Windows open a Command/DOS window from the RUN option or from the search bar under the Start Menu. Type " cmd " and hit enter.

Next with the Command window open, type...

Code:
    cd c:\FASTBOOT
    (press enter)

Now your command prompt should be..

Code:
    c:\FASTBOOT>
    Next type in the following line of code...

Code:
    fastboot flash radio signed_radio.img
    (Press enter)

This should only take under a minute to complete...

When its done, select REBOOT and your Radio/Modem should be updated.

FYI, I updated my radio while still running Android 4.0.3/Code Name Android ROM.

Notice the Baseband version D720SPRKL2

Enjoy...
    [/NOTE]
    pitmasterme, eltitillo and dmmarck like this.
    01-31-2012 01:46 PM
    They now have a zip at dtx that is flashable in cwm.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    01-31-2012 02:01 PM
    Cool.. I like doing the fastboot method personally... Kind of fun playing with entering code and stuff....

I'm just a geek
    01-31-2012 02:03 PM
    They now have a zip at dtx that is flashable in cwm.

Can you explain how to do this method? The first one seems really easy also.
    01-31-2012 02:20 PM
    Can you explain how to do this method? The first one seems really easy also.
    Download zip file.
    Place on root of sd card.
    Reboot into cwm.
    install zip file.
    Choose zip file.
    Flash.

Most be rooted and have custom recovery.

01-31-2012 02:56 PM
    Download zip file.
    Place on root of sd card.
    Reboot into cwm.
    install zip file.
    Choose zip file.
    Flash.

Most be rooted and have custom recovery.

Nice, simple explanation Skunk.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk
    Skunkape60 likes this.
    01-31-2012 03:04 PM
    Does it matter if I first update the radio or first flash to the latest ICS Rom?
    01-31-2012 03:44 PM
    Does it matter if I first update the radio or first flash to the latest ICS Rom?
    If your using the CWM version of the leaked ICS then it doesn't matter because it doesn't update the radio.

01-31-2012 03:49 PM
    If your using the CWM version of the leaked ICS then it doesn't matter because it doesn't update the radio.

Ahh ok. Thanks. I'll just go ahead and flash the updated bugless beast rom first.
    01-31-2012 03:55 PM
    Roms don't come with radios. Flashing 100 different roms won't make a difference to your radio. So it won't matter which you flash first.

By the way the radio seems to be working well for me. Don't noticed a difference in strength but my 3g is faster than usual.

01-31-2012 06:01 PM
    Nice, simple explanation Skunk.

Thanks

Simple is best. Lol

01-31-2012 07:14 PM
    anyone know which radio files affects the WiFi?
    My wifi is hosed with the latest FC04/FC05 radios.
    1000ms ping, 0.01Mbs download.
    Thinking I could just flash one of the files. Verizon just can't seem to get anything 100% right.
    06-06-2012 05:46 PM
    Thinking I could just flash one of the files. Verizon just can't seem to get anything 100% right.
    Could be worse. You could be on Sprint like me :P
    06-20-2012 07:56 PM
    There is no included files in the system images that Google offers that you can flash to update or change the WIFI firmware/settings.

That is something completely different that the devs can tweak a bit but I think its more of a hardware issue than it is software.
    06-23-2012 08:01 PM
    Can you help me out, I have a situation.

Aight guys, I need some help .. I bought a phone (off brand ) which is amazing by the way. And comes unlocked on all frequencies { GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 900/2100MHz FDD-LTE 800/1800/2600MHz }
    But unfortunately my carrier Wind has 1700/2100 ..
    And still my phone doesn't work properly.. ( sim works, but always in roaming, so I can receive calls but nobody got that much money to waste )
    And I find it retarded for wind for not operating with one of the frequencies that it needs i.e. 2100 that my phone does have, I expected It would happen but was almost sure that I could at worst case scenario use only 3G coz I dont dont have 1700Mhz on the phone.
    So here is the question.
    Is there any way for me to unlock that 1700Mhz by rooting, or anything ( though I know its the hardware anteenas that use the frequency so rooting shouldn't work , but the lady at wind told me I could root it and get 1700 Mhz .. I was kind of amused )
    03-13-2015 10:37 PM