I know AOSP and ICS roms are all the rage on the Nexus S boards but my mom has a NS4G on Sprint and I think she'd like a little more flash and built in customizations that the Sense-based roms seem to have. She's 60 years old and not gonna get a lot out of the AOSP roms we flash and tweak the hell out of. It needs to be stable and reliable since I don't live in the same state as she. I looked through the index of ROMs and they really don't offer much info on the nature of the different builds.

Can anyone point me to a good Sense-based Gingerbread ROM for the NS4G? Thanks...
    02-01-2012 09:01 AM
    I know AOSP and ICS roms are all the rage on the Nexus S boards but my mom has a NS4G on Sprint and I think she'd like a little more flash and built in customizations that the Sense-based roms seem to have. She's 60 years old and not gonna get a lot out of the AOSP roms we flash and tweak the hell out of. It needs to be stable and reliable since I don't live in the same state as she. I looked through the index of ROMs and they really don't offer much info on the nature of the different builds.

Can anyone point me to a good Sense-based Gingerbread ROM for the NS4G? Thanks...
    Hello. I fully understand the need for a solid and stable ROM. Unfortunately being that this is the Nexus S 4g you aren't going to find much out there that has a UI overlay feeling like that found on a normal smartphone. As far as stability on the Gingerbread lineup I would recommend Bugless Pete's (Pete Alfonso's) ROM, Oxygen & TSM Pool Party. Those are and were my favorite 3 ROMs for GB and all provided great stability with the options available if wanted to tweak things otherwise run them as they come.

I apologize for the lack of information in the index thread, I maintain those myself and it would really be a daily job of constant updating to keep up with even the basic changes these ROMs go through sometimes on a day to day basis. We provide the name, developer and then the link to the dev's thread/site and allow you to read the changelog/feature list directly from the dev. If you were to do a little searching even a few pages back in this section you would find discussion threads on many of these ROMs listed and hear what some of the members had to say about them to aid in your decision.

Feel free to ask question about any of the ROMs listed, many of the members here are regulars and frequent flashers and know the ins and outs of the ROMs very well.

Good luck.

Paul.
    02-01-2012 09:51 AM
    Get beautiful widgets and go launcher and download a theme or two for it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk
    Pre-dawn raid likes this.
    02-01-2012 10:13 AM
    Hey thanks for the reply Paul. I wasn't cutting down your index list as I know it's a lot of time and effort to keep that manageable. I'm just coming from the Evo4G forums where they specify whether a ROM is AOSP or sense-based. I'm sure most of the custom ROMs here are AOSP (or you wouldn't have bought a dev phone) and thus this distinction is not needed. The only reason my mom picked up the NS4G is because it was free with a new contract. I just wish I was closer to help her out because this is her 1st ever smartphone. I'll check out the three or so you suggested and see which one might add a little flair to her vanilla Android interface she is seeing now.
    02-01-2012 10:18 AM
    Hey thanks for the reply Paul. I wasn't cutting down your index list as I know it's a lot of time and effort to keep that manageable. I'm just coming from the Evo4G forums where they specify whether a ROM is AOSP or sense-based. I'm sure most of the custom ROMs here are AOSP (or you wouldn't have bought a dev phone) and thus this distinction is not needed. The only reason my mom picked up the NS4G is because it was free with a new contract. I just wish I was closer to help her out because this is her 1st ever smartphone. I'll check out the three or so you suggested and see which one might add a little flair to her vanilla Android interface she is seeing now.
    No problem, no offense taken. I would love to supply more information in the index thread per ROM but as you already know it would be a full time job keeping up with the on going changes.

Your correct, AOSP is basically what your going to find on the NS4G. There have been a few slightly themed ROMs but for the most part its AOSP and then you add your own flavor thru custom launchers, etc. like Zigg mentioned.
    02-01-2012 10:57 AM
    There is currently a sense port on xda in the works. It hasn't been released yet but the thread is active. I will let you know what's currently not working and edit this post what I find out.

Edit: what's broken-wifi-camera-gps.

Just flash it...
    Pre-dawn raid likes this.
    02-01-2012 11:56 AM
    There is currently a sense port on xda in the works. It hasn't been released yet but the thread is active. I will let you know what's currently not working and edit this post what I find out.

Edit: what's broken-wifi-camera-gps.

Just flash it...
    Talking about NexusSense? Yeah it's pretty good being a Desire S port but honestly it's no daily driver. WiFi is not *really* broken, just needs a boot.img mod to make dhcp work. If you have a static IP it works fine OOB.
    02-01-2012 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD