[ROM] Codename Android

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Blue theme

I guess I shouldn't call this a theme. It's something I am working on since I'm not a fan of all the cacophony of colors every time I flash a ROM. Just wanted something darker and, well, blue. It has a little bit of glass involved as well.

If anyone is interested, I will keep going. At this point, it's just the icons that come with CNA 1.3.3. I may start tackling the phone dialer icons and so forth.

Reactions: stormjss

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not big on theming, especially ICS as I love the aesthetic it has, but I certainly approve of this. I like having the look of all the icons unified

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not big on theming, especially ICS as I love the aesthetic it has, but I certainly approve of this. I like having the look of all the icons unified

I'm the opposite. I'm not real thrilled with the ICS theme and approve of this 100%. Where can I download it?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Right now it is just modified apks that I built into the original 1.3.3 flashable ROM. So, if someone could tell me how to make a flashable theme zip, I can upload it somewhere.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Right now it is just modified apks that I built into the original 1.3.3 flashable ROM. So, if someone could tell me how to make a flashable theme zip, I can upload it somewhere.

Kevin here is a blank flashable for you to work with...

Blank Flashable zip

Anyways, you will see when you open the theme zip up with 7zip...

/system/

Inside /system/ you will see...

/system/app (main system apks.. example Contacts.apk, Phone.apk, Gmail.apk, etc..)

/system/framework (important main system files)

/system/fonts (fonts)

/system/media (sounds, ringtones, notifications, boot animations)

Take your apks you have modified and drop them inside the /app/ folder and zip it up.

Thats it...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Kevin here is a blank flashable for you to work with...

Blank Flashable zip

Anyways, you will see when you open the theme zip up with 7zip...

/system/

Inside /system/ you will see...

/system/app (main system apks.. example Contacts.apk, Phone.apk, Gmail.apk, etc..)

/system/framework (important main system files)

/system/fonts (fonts)

/system/media (sounds, ringtones, notifications, boot animations)

Take your apks you have modified and drop them inside the /app/ folder and zip it up.

Thats it...

This is cool.... Thanks....

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Almost ready...

Thanks to Paul and Zigg, I'm just about there. If you were a child of the Cold War or Reagan era, you might like what I'm working on. Works with CNA 1.3.3, but might work with other ROMs as well.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Almost ready...

Thanks to Paul and Zigg, I'm just about there. If you were a child of the Cold War or Reagan era, you might like what I'm working on. Works with CNA 1.3.3, but might work with other ROMs as well.

Looking forward to seeing this, make sure to host your own op ;)

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
CNA 1.4.0 is available, just curious if anyone has flashed it yet? this will be on to do list tonight. Also looks like they are developing a Rom utility for CNA, currently in alpha, from what I read on XDA and CNA website it looks to be very cool. These guys know how to do it right.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have tried the ROM utility in the previous version. Basically it lists themes, mods, kernels that are known to work with the ROM. You can then choose to download them from the list.

I haven't tried the latest 1.4.0 version yet. I do hope its a bit faster than 1.3.3, as it seemed to get a little laggy after a few days.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried the latest 1.4.0 version yet. I do hope its a bit faster than 1.3.3, as it seemed to get a little laggy after a few days.

I've noticed this myself.

It was very zippy for the first few days, and despite trying different governors and clock speeds with Matr1x, there seemed to be a lag with just about everything I tried running. Independent of Matr1x version as well.

I thought it was my theme, but then I restored a 1.3.3 prior to flashing the theme, and it's the same thing.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep I think they did something, because the Android OS was eating up my resources under battery...

Hopefully they will get it back on track

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Flashed this last night. The goods: seems smoother than previous build, and I dont have the green flash screen when turning phone on from idle.

The bads: I still have issues with the auto brightness and the phone dimming and brightening at random times. Also the battery drain on it this morning is horrible, been unplugged for 1.5 hours and already down 16%, with 1.3.3 I would get to 15% sometime after lunch a good 4 or 5 hours of use. I am not using it any more today than normal. I flashed the matr1x kernel last night so I know that is not the problem. I will give this a couple more days and try to tweak some stuff to get better battery life, but so far, I give this build a....meh.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmm that is a shame. I hate to see a good ROM go south because they lost the edge on something in the base that causes poor battery or instabilities.

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
battery drain seems to have stabilized, been unplugged 6 hours total and down 25%, that is a bit more normal, still on the high side from what was getting but that could be b/c of the initial 15% loss in the first 90 minutes. took a look at why the potential drain early this morning and to looks like for some reason my phone was not getting a 3g signal was operating on 2g. this could be the culprit as i imagine it was scanning for 3g service. (you would think that here in Kansas City, home of Sprint, reception would be flawless...:p) I will report back tomorrow if better/worse. Besides the possible battery problem I am liking the smoothness of it, seems a lot crisper than previous build. I hope the battery issue was just a freak glitch with reception on my phone b/c I really do love the CNA ROMs. As the day goes on I am liking it more and more it seems.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
NEed a clean wipe or just load right away?
That is a good point... Most people including myself do a dirty flash when going from say CNA 1.3.3 to CNA 1.4.0 and so forth.. Works most of the time but it can have weird side effects which could be the result of poor battery or other problems we experience.

That is why as much as we hate to follow the devs advice, do a full wipe when installing a new build. (Don't worry I'm with you guys on this, I'm guilty too... :-! )

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Luckily I haven't really done anything custom since putting the old version on a few days ago so a wipe won't much of a difference.

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Tried upgrading on clean slate.. no go... loaded 1.3.3 then 1.4 and still seems to have lost some features. Dunno what the deal is going to try the Kang that was just posted.

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
battery is much better today, going on 3 hours and down 4%. running matr1x 17 with this rom. after a full day with it yesterday I will say it is much better than I first thought, have not had any issues with lag at all.

Not sure what features it has lost, everything I used in 1.3.3 is in 1.4.0. i did notice that the Gapps install had less on it, but that was easily fixed by a quick trip to the market...