I have everything in order I believe to flash the new clockwork recovery onto my NS4G, I flashed the release before this one when I rooted my phone, but I cannot remember how I did it, now I'm stuck as to what command to type into the command prompt.

I have my computer setup like this C:\Android\sdk\tools...and then the recovery file is in that folder.

I keep seeing things like open a terminal and type in "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-crespo4g.img" while in bootloader mode.

I have done that but what exact commands am I suppose to put in before this, because when I go C:\..and anything else, I just keept getting that it's not a valid source.

Thank you for any help.
    02-14-2012 09:38 PM
    You can flash it through rom manager.
    02-14-2012 10:06 PM
    I have everything in order I believe to flash the new clockwork recovery onto my NS4G, I flashed the release before this one when I rooted my phone, but I cannot remember how I did it, now I'm stuck as to what command to type into the command prompt.

I have my computer setup like this C:\Android\sdk\tools...and then the recovery file is in that folder.

I keep seeing things like open a terminal and type in "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-crespo4g.img" while in bootloader mode.

I have done that but what exact commands am I suppose to put in before this, because when I go C:\..and anything else, I just keept getting that it's not a valid source.

Thank you for any help.
    Is fast boot actually in there? I know I had to get it else where. It wasnt in Google's.sdk
    02-15-2012 10:16 AM
    Is fast boot actually in there? I know I had to get it else where. It wasnt in Google's.sdk
    Fastboot.exe

Drop that in your platform-tool folder in Android SDK
    02-15-2012 06:12 PM
    Fastboot.exe

Drop that in your platform-tool folder in Android SDK
    see there are others
    02-15-2012 10:55 PM
    Also, hold shift and right click on the file in which you have fastboot.exe etc and select open command prompt here. that will help with the direction. I renamed the recovery image to something a bit easier to remember. I renamed it recovery.img instead of the crespo thing. lol
    02-16-2012 03:41 PM
    Does anyone else think the touch recovery works slower when doing backups and recoveries?
    02-17-2012 12:34 AM
    Does anyone else think the touch recovery works slower when doing backups and recoveries?
    I can attest to that. (With my phone) there's seems to also be an added pause before back up and restoration
    02-17-2012 01:00 AM
    i flash recovery .img's with Flash Image GUI:
    [APP] Flash Image GUI - xda-developers
    02-17-2012 09:04 PM
    I used flash GUI to flash the recovery myself. The first time I flashed it it didn't work it was in there, But did not work correctly when I wanted to flash a ROM it would gave a status seven error! So what I did was reflash it again using flash image GUI. That worked like a charm. It seems that when you flash a recovery with the Nexus S You just have to do it twice lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    02-19-2012 11:22 PM
    I used flash GUI to flash the recovery myself. The first time I flashed it it didn't work it was in there, But did not work correctly when I wanted to flash a ROM it would gave a status seven error! So what I did was reflash it again using flash image GUI. That worked like a charm. It seems that when you flash a recovery with the Nexus S You just have to do it twice lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Probably the best thing I can always recommend whenever you flash a new recovery or root your device is when you flash the recovery and you boot into it for the first time go to the Mounts and Storage option. Then from there mount your USB Storage/sdcard while connected to your computer via USB cable and transfer over the Superuser file which I provided in my Rooting guides. Flash that file BEFORE you leave your custom recovery and that should make the recovery stick the first time around
    02-19-2012 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD