Any way to get different keyboards with Swype? I was using the Sprint one for ever but it finally wouldn't let me use it anymore and the Swype one is hideous.
    02-20-2012 06:13 PM
    Have to search around for them... I know there has been custom themed Swype boards in the past. Seeing how this is a new update you may have to wait to find some.
    02-20-2012 06:38 PM
    Any way to get different keyboards with Swype? I was using the Sprint one for ever but it finally wouldn't let me use it anymore and the Swype one is hideous.
    You could always extract the apk file and replace the PNG files with your own...
    02-20-2012 06:49 PM
    How difficult is this? I would really like to mix the GB keyboard with Swype
    02-21-2012 12:42 AM
    How difficult is this? I would really like to mix the GB keyboard with Swype
    It's not that difficult.

Just download the apk file. Copy the apk to your computer and use 7-zip to extract the file. You then look into the directory with the PNG files (usually something like \res\app\drawable). FInd the keyboard PNG files. Edit them in Photoshop or Gimp and save them with the same filename. Try to make the filesizes similar since the larger the file, the longer it will take to load. (I've learned that the hard way.) Repackage with 7-zip. Install on your phone or use a flashing utility.
    02-21-2012 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD