OK, I'm rooted.... now what?
    02-28-2012 08:18 PM
    What motivation did you have for rooting I'm the first place?
    02-28-2012 08:36 PM
    Ics...... however, I don't know what the phone is now capable of being rooted. Also, what is the best working ics rom and how do I flash it?
    02-28-2012 08:57 PM
    I'm gonna flash my phone to 2.0 when I get it back. L O L! I hate being in the in crowd. Retro's the cool thing to do now right?
    02-29-2012 12:38 AM
    Ics...... however, I don't know what the phone is now capable of being rooted. Also, what is the best working ics rom and how do I flash it?
    I'm running code name android, seems to run fine. Nice and quick, has some good user tools as well.
    02-29-2012 12:00 PM
    I'm running code name android, seems to run fine. Nice and quick, has some good user tools as well.
    I second Codename Android! Very nice ROM. Stable, fast & fluid, good customization/tweak options. Had it for almost 2 months now...
    02-29-2012 12:08 PM
    I'll throw my two cents in here...I have Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) and it's been great. I haven't moved from build 23 yet, they are currently on build 27 that was released today. I've had 0 problems, and 0 random reboots. Which I got all the time on stock GB. I'm pretty sure they are going to be releasing their new stable build soon (Milestone 4). Here's their website AOKP | News

Good luck to ya, welcome to ICS!!!!!!!
    02-29-2012 02:54 PM
    I'll throw my two cents in here...I have Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) and it's been great. I haven't moved from build 23 yet, they are currently on build 27 that was released today. I've had 0 problems, and 0 random reboots. Which I got all the time on stock GB. I'm pretty sure they are going to be releasing their new stable build soon (Milestone 4). Here's their website AOKP | News

Good luck to ya, welcome to ICS!!!!!!!
    I have to agree with him 110%

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    02-29-2012 02:58 PM
    By the way this is my aokp 27 set up

02-29-2012 03:00 PM
    By the way this is my aokp 27 set upClick to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man....Weather in the notification bar is slick. Looks like i'll be making the jump from 23 to 27 when I get home in an hour. I read where he was going to make it Milestone 4, but decided to release just one more build. Looks money. This really is a beast of a ROM
    02-29-2012 03:16 PM
    Where do get the download links?
    02-29-2012 04:09 PM
    I have tried both of the suggested roms. Both of them are good and stable.

AOKP crespo4G v27

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1433863

Codename Android

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1455543
    02-29-2012 05:43 PM
    crossbones ICS has been the most stable and bug free for me. ive found that code name android has brightness issues with my phone
    02-29-2012 09:51 PM
    By the way this is my aokp 27 set upClick to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image

chulobellojae,
    What clock and weather is that on your homescreen? It looks great with that background!
    03-01-2012 09:58 AM
    I am getting my Nexus S tomorrow. I was planning to root it so I could set up a hotspot for when I travel. I also wanted to upgrade to ICS. I heard about CM9, is that just the group that builds the ROMS, or is that the version. Pardon my ignorance. I am new to the Android world. Coming from WebOS.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    03-01-2012 02:21 PM
    CM9 is the popular ROM from the team Cyanogen Mod. It is the ROM that sets the tone for most development on all devices they support.

Congrats on your Nexus purchase.. Welcome to the club
    03-01-2012 02:41 PM
    CM9 is the popular ROM from the team Cyanogen Mod. It is the ROM that sets the tone for most development on all devices they support.

Congrats on your Nexus purchase.. Welcome to the club
    Thanks for the info. So, I am seeing many different ROM's out there. I am not sure which one to go with. I am not sure the best way to figure out what is good or bad and what you are getting from the ROM without trying it. I lean towards CM9 Nightlies. Partly because of your statement that CM kind of sets the tone, but also because I have some experience with them on my Touchpad.

So, as a newbie trying to get the most out of my devices, is there a getting started guide on the forum or elsewhere? Also, any recommendations for typically good ROM's or other mods?

Once again, thanks for the advice and any help pointing me in the right direction.
    03-02-2012 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD