07-03-2012 10:30 PM
41 12
tools
    This is a good one!

[ROM][CM9]-=NexusMV 4G[03.01]=- | Matr1x 17.5 CFS | V6 SuperCharged | CM9-KANG-MAR.01 - xda-developers

From the XDA OP
    FEATURES:
    *CynogenMod 9 Goodies
    *Android 4.0.3 - Ice Cream Sandwich
    *Matr1x kernel - mathkid95
    *V6 SuperCharger by zeppelinrox
    *KickAssKernelizer by zeppelinrox
    *Aggressive Ram Settings
    *tweaks by brainmaster
    *100% step battery
    *Nexus S stock ICS bootanimation - Highres
    *Latest Hosts File - AdFree
    *NSTools - by arifhn
    *Voodoo Control App by Supercurio

KNOWN ISSUES:
    *random screen brightness (CM9 known issue)

Install instructions:

1. Reboot into clockwork recovery
    2. wipe data and cache
    3. format /system
    4. flash ROM zip file
    5. flash gaaps.zip
    6. Reboot after syncing Google account for better experience
    7. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: you are flashing this at your own risk. enjoy!
    lyingfromyou likes this.
    03-07-2012 10:16 PM
    I saw the threads on this at XDA, once the dev got it working the reviews have been really good. Has anyone here flashed it and what are their thoughts, what mods does have? I am currently running CNA 1.4.0 and now the phone and sms are very laggy when I start them up. was going to flash the new CNA 1.5.0 but might go this route instead. Would love to hear what some AC NS4G people think.
    03-08-2012 11:10 AM
    I saw the threads on this at XDA, once the dev got it working the reviews have been really good. Has anyone here flashed it and what are their thoughts, what mods does have? I am currently running CNA 1.4.0 and now the phone and sms are very laggy when I start them up. was going to flash the new CNA 1.5.0 but might go this route instead. Would love to hear what some AC NS4G people think.
    CNA 1.4.0 was very buggy for me. Battery life all over the place. And a lot of forced restarts the first day I flashed. I loved all the tweaks it had available though.

Sorry, don't know anything about the from in question. I would also lime to know though.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    03-08-2012 07:01 PM
    Just got done flashing it. It is smooth. But I am missing my CNA mods already. Will give report later
    03-08-2012 10:29 PM
    I've been running it few several days. It is probably the fastest ics rom I've tried so far. Still getting 22+ hours on the battery and 4-5 hours with the screen on and phone actively in use.

03-08-2012 11:24 PM
    I've been running it few several days. It is probably the fastest ics rom I've tried so far. Still getting 22+ hours on the battery and 4-5 hours with the screen on and phone actively in use.

After half a days use, I will agree that this in incredibly fast, crisp and smooth. Dont know if that is enough to get around the lack of mods it has, at least for my tastes. Battery seems to be on par with what I was getting the CNA 1.4.0, but I think that may be attributed that to Mathkid's kernal

looking forward to seeing how it performs over the next couple days.
    03-09-2012 12:49 PM
    How does the speed and battery of this ROM stack up to dooderbutt's latest v.7 rom
    03-09-2012 01:54 PM
    After half a days use, I will agree that this in incredibly fast, crisp and smooth. Dont know if that is enough to get around the lack of mods it has, at least for my tastes. Battery seems to be on par with what I was getting the CNA 1.4.0, but I think that may be attributed that to Mathkid's kernal

looking forward to seeing how it performs over the next couple days.
    Also try the new matr1x 17.5 CM9 ramdisk optimized kernel. It can be used with any CM9 ROM.

Until v18.0 is released, here are 17.5 CM9 ramdisk versions!

CFS: http://goo.gl/04gt1

BFS: http://goo.gl/mSarU

03-09-2012 11:31 PM
    My thoughts on this rom after running it for the past 3 days: it is still incredibly smooth and fast. It seems to me that some other ICS roms I have run would tend to get a little laggy after a couple days, not with this one. Battery life with Matr1x 17.5 if phenomenal, I got 31 hours and 13% remaining this weekend. This is by far my current favorite ICS rom, I will admit, at time I miss having some of the modifications that are available with other roms, i.e. lock screen options other than just stock camera and unlock options. But I have to admit, I will gladly give that up for the way this rom runs, and would imagine that in time those modifications will be coming.
    03-12-2012 09:50 AM
    It should be a silly question, but does the phone work with this ROM? Every ICS ROM I've installed, two or three of them, I've had problems with the phone. It will ring once then disconnect, disconnect during calls, or the screen response is so laggy that you hit the talk button, nothing happens, so you hit it again and again, and by the time the phone does something, you're making multiple calls at once.

It don't actually use the phone often, but when I want to use the phone. It has to work. Flawlessly. Every time.
    03-12-2012 08:39 PM
    I had the lag problem with CNA, but as of yet I have not noticed a lag with this ROM when opening the phone. Never had the disconnect problem.
    03-12-2012 11:29 PM
    I had the lag problem with CNA, but as of yet I have not noticed a lag with this ROM when opening the phone. Never had the disconnect problem.
    I haven't had any issues with this and making phone calls either.

03-13-2012 06:53 AM
    Help......Stuck in boot loop after flashing this....it just shows the ATR Kernel by edoko and stays there
    03-14-2012 01:47 AM
    And I didnt make a nandroid backup
    03-14-2012 01:48 AM
    and now its working sorry.....
    03-14-2012 01:49 AM
    Anyone else getting the voicemail *86 error?
    03-14-2012 04:07 AM
    Are you not getting voicemail notifications? I would check XDA. I have seen this issue before in posts over there and I am sure someone there has a solution for you.
    03-14-2012 12:30 PM
    I get them all through google voice but it shows 1 voicemail on the notification bar with a "dial *86" under it. When I click on it I get an invalid number message. I just want to clear it because it's annoying to see it there all the time.
    03-14-2012 01:23 PM
    I get them all through google voice but it shows 1 voicemail on the notification bar with a "dial *86" under it. When I click on it I get an invalid number message. I just want to clear it because it's annoying to see it there all the time.
    is this something you could log into google voice on your computer and delete from there...just a thought
    03-15-2012 02:22 PM
    Go into call settings and use the voicemail settings, change the number to your cell number. Problem solved, not sure why this happens, but thats what I do to fix it.
    03-15-2012 04:51 PM
    Go into call settings and use the voicemail settings, change the number to your cell number. Problem solved, not sure why this happens, but thats what I do to fix it.
    Thanks This got it done

Well I still had to call sprint because i guess that voice mail was in limbo when I activated the GV so I was never able to listen to it. I had to take of google voice, delete the voice mail, and reactivate GV.
    03-15-2012 07:07 PM
    updated to 3.15b over the weekend and I have noticed some significantly lower battery levels. anyone else running this version and noticed the same thing. it comes with Matr1x 18 kernal so I am guessing that is not the issue has i was running that with the previous version and was getting great battery use. I have noticed that the andoid system is running alot. for example today with 4 hours discharging I am at 80% with the OS using 44% (CPU toal 1m, 38s, keep awake 1h 12m 39s). next highest battery user is screen at 16% with a total time on of 13m.

I might try to reflash the matr1x kernal, maybe go back to 17.5.

Thoughts?
    03-19-2012 11:30 AM
    How do you get wifi tether? Can I just download this?

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
    03-21-2012 07:14 AM
    for Wifi tether you can do in the system settings

System Settings / Wireless & networks (more) / tethering and portable hotspot / configure wifi hotspot

uses your 3G, I have used it a couple times to connect the family Ipad to while traveling
    03-22-2012 08:18 AM
    I love this rom, its ultra crisp and responsive, i get 19 hrs of battery life heavy use and a total of 4 hrs of display on time with data enable only when browsing, using market or streaming music. Running stock battery, interactive settings on cpu and 200/1000 values. Launcher has all the mods i need (add/subtract # of home screens and animations, app drawer settings and animations, status bar options, battery icon options, clock options, toggles) the only mod that i miss from the previous rom I was running (milestone crespo4g) is the ability to add multiple unlock options in the lock screen (for messaging, phone and what not) No issues whatsoever.
    03-26-2012 03:27 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD