Data Connectivity on Dooderbutt V7

klavenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got an NS4G running the Dooderbutt Rom V7 and I think it's great. Everything runs smooth and I love it. However, I recently took a vacation to Las Vegas and when I was there I couldn't get any 3G/4G data connection for much longer than 5 minutes. I constantly had to toggle the 4G off and on to find a signal just to receive emails let alone do any browsing or reading of tweets. Having to constantly check for signal ruined my battery.

When I checked the Sprint coverage maps today, they claim to have great coverage of Las Vegas. Probably better than my own hometown, where I never have issues. Is there something I should be doing when I travel out of my home coverage area to get better reception? Updating the PRL did not seem to work. I didn't try updating my profile.

I'm going to be travelling on business again in the next month and having the same experience would be awful. Luckily this was a short trip but my next one is a week and I don't think I can handle the same crappy reception. If it's really a Sprint network issue, I may go out tomorrow and buy a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. If it's the custom ROM, I may have to go back to stock. Not cool.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be travelling on business again in the next month and having the same experience would be awful. Luckily this was a short trip but my next one is a week and I don't think I can handle the same crappy reception. If it's really a Sprint network issue, I may go out tomorrow and buy a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. If it's the custom ROM, I may have to go back to stock. Not cool.

You could try flashing a different modem.

But, honestly, why you you revert to stock if dooderbutt is potentially the problem? There are plenty of other ICS (as well as GB) ROMs out there that you could try.

Hell, I went back to PoolParty GB ROM because it works so freakin' well.

klavenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Is there something about the ROM that causes me to have such bad reception or is this just inherent with the Nexus S? I know that this phone notoriously gets pretty bad reception but what I experienced in Vegas was ridiculous. I was just curious if anyone else had issues when travelling away from their home area or if there was a reset somewhere that I needed to do.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Is there something about the ROM that causes me to have such bad reception or is this just inherent with the Nexus S? I know that this phone notoriously gets pretty bad reception but what I experienced in Vegas was ridiculous. I was just curious if anyone else had issues when travelling away from their home area or if there was a reset somewhere that I needed to do.

I've traveled with the ICS ROMs. I've been outside of Chicago to Boston, DC, Philadelphia and San Diego. Reception was fine in those locations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance