[ROM][CWM] NS4G IMM76D 4.0.4 | Rooted | Zipalign | ETC

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...so far so good with the battery life.
Time will tell of course.

I haven't calibrated the battery yet; nor did I start with a 100% charge.

My wifi finally works while in airplane mode.; I'm sure I'll find a use for this.

I use to do that to save battery when there was no signal where I was for a long period of time but had wifi and no charger. Like a basement.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
OK. So out of the house. Radio seems to be working better. Right where I am usually I bounce between 3 bars and 0. Right now it's 3 and 2.

Usually on my radio in the car I see phone with no service here and there for a while. When I turn on my phone I see it go from 0 to whatever. This time around service held all the way.

Pretty good improvement.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Radio is definitely better. I've been tracking this with mobile signal widget and typically in my house I would get -101 dbm to -96 dbm, which is terrible. Now I'm getting -96 dbm to -85 dbm. Not solid, but this is better for making calls within my house. Conversations seem less choppy.

I take back what I said about wifi. Wifi analyzer isn't showing any better strength. I realized I had my Sonos system on the same channel as my wifi; that may have screwed with it before. It's about the same.

Battery life has been good today. I've gotten more in the habit of using wifi and turning data off when I really don't need it. PoolParty GB was better, but this stock ICS with Matr1x 18.5 is pretty good.

I had some initial FCs of Google Market, but clearing the data/cache fixed those things.

Google Music is snappier.

Lag is definitely better, IMHO.

All in all: I was skeptical about switching back to ICS after having a mediocre ICS experience and loving PP GB. I'm game for some more play with ICS now.

...still keeping my PP 1.5 nandroid.

Reactions: rem_kujawa

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try matr1x on this yet? I'm missing the bln...

Otherwise, this has been very good, stable, quick, and the battery life has been outstanding.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone try matr1x on this yet? I'm missing the bln...

Otherwise, this has been very good, stable, quick, and the battery life has been outstanding.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Yep already have one confirmed user of Matr1x on here...

Reactions: charn65

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I haven't even flashed this deodexed version yet. I ran stock/rooted with the kernel for about 24 hrs... Noticed it ran nice, battery life is improved, Android OS is more efficient as evident in the battery usage breakdown. New radio is probably the best we have had for this device.

Until we get some really nice ROMs built off this latest stuff I'm sticking to Nexus MV 4g which has shown some great battery life and has the tweaks/mods I need.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm still getting slow return of of 3G data after switching from Wi-Fi. But if I unplug my airrave it works fine. Any suggestions?

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I will agree with Paul since flashing the new radio with Peter's Bugless Beast rom. I'm getting a great signal.
Places where I had maybe one or two bars now at least 3. I can't wait for peter to update his Rom further with what has been released. Great stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis