[GUIDE] Restore to Stock/Unroot for the Nexus S 4g

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Never got it to work (I hate Windows BTW). No idea why it needs drivers installed. I gave up and decided to look at the "run.bat" and realized it was just running a few commands. So on my Linux machine, I downloaded the fastboot tool and just ran the commands manually. It took 15 seconds and was easy. Did I mention I hate Windows?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Never got it to work (I hate Windows BTW). No idea why it needs drivers installed. I gave up and decided to look at the "run.bat" and realized it was just running a few commands. So on my Linux machine, I downloaded the fastboot tool and just ran the commands manually. It took 15 seconds and was easy. Did I mention I hate Windows?

Yeah windows can be quite a peta at times especially with drivers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah windows can be quite a peta at times especially with drivers.

I don't understand Windows' drivers mess. This has been a problem with them for decades. Why haven't they changed the way this all works?

CluelessWonder13

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. Bought my phone off craiglist and the previous owner rooted it, but some how the recovery file is gone and the boot loader is not working. Can anyone help?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. Bought my phone off craiglist and the previous owner rooted it, but some how the recovery file is gone and the boot loader is not working. Can anyone help?

You could try this as a last ditch effort. It will at least get you back on ICS 4.0.4 which is fine. Get here and we have options from there and it should resolve your bootloader issue.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=164922
[ODIN][ICS][4.0.4][NS4G] ICS 4.0.4 IMM26D Leaked Official Update

nadzir

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
my galaxy tab 7.7 ready to use android 4.1, but all app failed to install..., why.....? Hall me.

- - - Updated - - -

my galaxy tab 7.7 ready to use android 4.1, but all app failed to install..., why.....? Hall me.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

nadzir

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
my galaxy tab 7.7 ready to use android 4.1, but I want to use android 4.0 back..., tell me ho to install android 4.0 back...?

Joseph TheGamer

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
No this would not be an issue. I have Win 7-64 bit and have no problems using it to restore to stock.

Here is a package I've put together for a few people. Its very similar to the One Click's but with out all the little checks and prompts that seems to cause issues for some...

[WARN] This package will LOCK your bootloader back up, so if you don't want this option please let me know and I can tell you how to change it or offer you a different script without locking the bootloader. It will restore your device back to Gingerbread v2.3.7[/WARN]

1. Make sure you have drivers installed. I recommended Google and download/install PDAnet for your computer. Allow it to install your drivers (pick Samsung) for your device and if prompted to overwrite existing found Samsung drivers allow it to do so. This will also install PDAnet app on your device. Let it do so. Basically this will create a life line between your computer & device.

2. Download the package below. Extract it to your hard drive on your computer.

3. Boot your device into the bootloader. Powered off, press Power+Volume Up.

4. Connect your device via USB cable to your computer.

5. Look inside that extracted package for "run.bat" file. Click on it and the process of flashing should begin. This will only take a few minutes if all goes well.

6. It will finish and reboot you into Gingerbread v2.3.7 which you can then wait 5,10, 15 minutes or so to receive the OTA update to official Android ICS 4.0.4.

Nexus S 4G GWK74 GB 2.3.7 Factory Images.zip

some of the stuff OKAY and some FAILED and at the end i think it got stuck waiting for device. Now my phones really mixed up. Man this root is turning out to be a nightmare

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
some of the stuff OKAY and some FAILED and at the end i think it got stuck waiting for device. Now my phones really mixed up. Man this root is turning out to be a nightmare

Care to explain where/what your stuck on?

Bottom line it comes down to connection issues most of the time. That usually means a bad usb cable or using a different usb port or computer.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Awesome Paul627g. I just used this to revive a Nexus S 4G that was bootlooping and had a red exclamation point in the recovery.

tory demaio

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
can any one help me i soft bricked my phone and im so close to bringing it back to life i have everything except when i unzip my tgz file it wont give me the tar fils that i need it just makes a new folder and zip file inside it when i unzip that i get the image files but im using odin so im not sure how to get this to work for me i used winzip and 7zip to do this still same thing

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
can any one help me i soft bricked my phone and im so close to bringing it back to life i have everything except when i unzip my tgz file it wont give me the tar fils that i need it just makes a new folder and zip file inside it when i unzip that i get the image files but im using odin so im not sure how to get this to work for me i used winzip and 7zip to do this still same thing

Hi Tony,

Do you still need help with this? I'm not familiar with Odin so I'm not sure if you can convert these files to files you can install through Odin. But everything is here for you to unbrick your phone through fastboot, using either the one click method or doing flashing each img file manually. I just did this process myself about 2 weeks ago, so let me know if you need any guidance.