Wow...

2 days without so much as a peep on the rooting subthread.

Guess everyone is kissing the Sprint Store glass looking at those EVOs and Gnex phones.
    05-10-2012 05:05 PM
    Wow...

2 days without so much as a peep on the rooting subthread.

Guess everyone is kissing the Sprint Store glass looking at those EVOs and Gnex phones.
    I'd hate to be the sprint employee having to clean the fingerprints and snot off the windows.

05-10-2012 07:05 PM
    I watched the video brief on the Evo that was posted on AC's main page today...looks quite impressive.

I'm thinking of making that brand switch again. Motorola for years...then blackberry....then Samsung Android devices...HTC? ? ?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2012 07:38 PM
    Thinking EVO here to bro..... Hate to say it but HTC has put together quite a device here and with CM support eventually AOSP is only a flash away

Might actually be fun to go back to a UI and have something different to theme for a change..
    05-10-2012 09:26 PM
    Thinking EVO here to bro..... Hate to say it but HTC has put together quite a device here and with CM support eventually AOSP is only a flash away

Might actually be fun to go back to a UI and have something different to theme for a change..
    I've never experienced Sense myself. I realize there are some people out there who really detest it, and I don't know if that's because they are AOSP purists or if Sense has its problems or both. On the surface, TouchWiz doesn't look bad either, but I never liked how it worked. I like the AOSP look, but I have no real loyalty to that look.

My main concern is if I switch brands I am ultimately going to be disappointed again. I was never disappointed on Verizon -- I always had great reception. All my BB and smartphones have been on Sprint. I'm afraid Sprint will ruin it again for me since the most important aspect of my phone is being a phone...
    05-10-2012 10:43 PM

Several questions.
    How does the super led screen compare to super amoled?
    Cpu speed? Duel or quad core?

Edit: 1.5 GHz Dual Core...
    Screen I will have to see for myself...

I hear that the USA model gs3 will also be limited to dual core...

05-10-2012 10:57 PM
    Double post... Haven't a clue how it happened. Lol
    05-10-2012 11:23 PM
    I hear that the USA model gs3 will also be limited to dual core.
    That's completely lame.

Still, if the Evo is noticeably faster, I will privacy pick it up.

I've never had the latest and greatest phone, and I think it's time.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2012 10:40 PM
    We have plenty of threads here answering your questions guys....

But from what I keep hearing is this new Super LCD 2 display that is on the HTC's "One" and EVO are the bomb, hands down... Even our own in house Jerry Hildenbrand who would never turn away a Nexus and AMOLED display said he has to hand it to HTC on this one...

Same was also said by Cory Streater our forums administrator....

My biggest fear with going down the Sammy road again with the SGSIII is again... Poor radio's... HTC seems to excel a bit in this department over Sammy. Besides all I've said lets face it, it seems to be quite a device...

Sense I will admit is not my cup of tea but a little theming will take care of that problem.

I hope by the time I'm ready to purchase in another month or two, we will have both devices in store so I can side by side compare em....
    05-11-2012 10:56 PM
    We have plenty of threads here answering your questions guys....

But from what I keep hearing is this new Super LCD 2 display that is on the HTC's "One" and EVO are the bomb, hands down... Even our own in house Jerry Hildenbrand who would never turn away a Nexus and AMOLED display said he has to hand it to HTC on this one...

Same was also said by Cory Streater our forums administrator....

My biggest fear with going down the Sammy road again with the SGSIII is again... Poor radio's... HTC seems to excel a bit in this department over Sammy. Besides all I've said lets face it, it seems to be quite a device...

Sense I will admit is not my cup of tea but a little theming will take care of that problem.

I hope by the time I'm ready to purchase in another month or two, we will have both devices in store so I can side by side compare em....
    My fear along with many others is the root ability of the evo and I virtually HATE the fact you can't swap batteries. My phone NEVER sees a charger and I prefer it that way....

05-12-2012 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD