So I messed up my phone.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope that perhaps one of these methods helps, honestly I am starting to run out of ideas. There r a few that I've tried n work fine. Yet I'm not on bugless beast. I can only offer those suggestions. I take it Uve still it ur other phone activated.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried the first process and once it rebooted the same ole Backup started up. I tried the second process, copied the files, and when I unmounted the USB Storage and went into Clockwork made to restore from your backup files nothing was there. So like keeps happening, I copy something to the USB Storage and when I unmount its like I never copied nothing to it at all :(

So I think ima just stick with this messed up ROM. Without being able to delete anything or copy anything into the USB storage I really dont know what else I can do.

Ima leave this messed up ROM installed and I guess just try to fix single issues from within it. Ha... WOW. So since I am just going to stick with this messed up ROM and fix things within it the first thing I do is uninstall Rom Manager and then Titanium Backup. I restarted the phone AND BOTH APPS ARE BACK ON THE PHONE :confused:

and out of no where "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" also out of no where "unfortunately Browser has stopped" right after "unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" right after "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps. has stopped." Right after "Unfortunately, Talk has stopped" "Unfortunately Launcher has stopped" "Unfortunately Maps has stopped"

these come up every 5 seconds. Also another one that says "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped." This error comes out anytime I go into Messages and once i click ok The Messages app just closes. I try to hit the phone Icon and "unfortunately, Contacts has stopped"

So yeah....I am back to square one. But not since it seems a Clean Wipe is impossible since nothing can be written or deleted to the USB Storage, I am willing to fix these single issues :(

Ah....I feel bad but i feel even worse I am not able to fix it even with your guys help :-[

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Have u tried the direct download? N install using rom manager? I think u said u had. If nothing will work call sprint n lock the phone indoor n complain about defective software, don't say as anything about a rom, u may have to do this several times n let's hope they get u a new phone. Ask sprint about a MSL reset. It's a hard full erase reset may wipe everything n reset to clean working settings.

Just when u complain keep your cool, no need to get out of hand. Let's hope even without insurance after enough complaints they'll just send you another phone.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Have u tried the direct download? N install using rom manager? I think u said u had. If nothing will work call sprint n lock the phone indoor n complain about defective software, don't say as anything about a rom, u may have to do this several times n let's hope they get u a new phone. Ask sprint about a MSL reset. It's a hard full erase reset may wipe everything n reset to clean working settings.

Just when u complain keep your cool, no need to get out of hand. Let's hope even without insurance after enough complaints they'll just send you another phone.

Yeah I am going to have to do this. I wont... I know its a lost cause. But ima give it one last shot and try it. If they wont fix it even for a small fee well oh well. I put it away already I think ima just buy a used one or something from ebay or something.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Any luck?

No Nothing worked :(

The thing is since I cant even delete stuff manually from my USB Storage I cant sell the phone for parts or anything.

I gave up and have been on my old Blackberry for a week roughly. Hopefully soon I can make a "So what phone should I get? Thread" ha...

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If it was me, I would take it into sprint at this point. I know if it is active and they can fix it, it is only like 35 dollars. Worth a shot.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If it was me, I would take it into sprint at this point. I know if it is active and they can fix it, it is only like 35 dollars. Worth a shot.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Meaning I should activate it first? The thing is the phone is so messed up I think I would even have difficulties activating it. My friend said that they will not even look at it because it is rooted?

And lets say i were to be able to get it in a state where it is not rooted, since I cant delete any files or anything from the storage or anything, they would probably be able to see the super user rar, and all the backups and roms i have in there..

There is a Sprint Store nearby that I know fixes phone and whatnot but unless they can put a brand new usb storage chip or something I dont know what I can do with them...and yeah the price...I might go find out tho

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ima give this thing one last shot. My phone does not start right now since I had tried to install a Gingerbread Stock, so it stays on the Google Screen. I have ClockworkMod Recovery 5.8.0.2
and I tried to do a wipe data/ factory reset and I got the follow message:

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Using Clockwork I did a "wipe/factory reset" then "Wipe cache" then wipe "dalvic cache"
and I installed one of the 3 rom Zips on the USB Storage and I rebooted, and I got excited cause it stayed at the ICS Stock Boot screen hoping it was maybe erasing everything like its supposed to but no ...it just started on that same ole state that it always comes up on. (This one on the Attached Picture)

Again, installing Gingerbread anything just makes the phone stay on the Google screen and it never starts. This home screen is how my phone was customized prior to all this crap happening. But no matter if i do a 4.0.4 Stock ICS Restore, or using One Click ICS Restore, or Install a ROM that is already on the USB Storage using Clockwork MOD, No Matter What Method I try to install a FRESH ICS, this same damn screen ALWAYS starts. With the same ole missed called each time, and same ole Email from Gmail each time. It is almost like it is stuck on this state but whhyy (i scroll to the side and all my apps are on the screens but of course when I try to run them they dont run) :confused:

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I got into my Phones USB Storage using Astro File Manager and I navigated to the ClockWork Folder with 3 backups and I deleted them and I also deleted the Titanium Backup Folder, I had roughly 4.05GB free and my memory even freed up (Attached screenshot) to 6.53GB. I restarted the phone to see if the stuff would still be deleted and wouldnt you know ..I navigate to the USB Storage again and The Clockwork Folder
is there again with all the backups and so is the Titanium Backup Folder. And my memory went from showing 6.53GB back to 4.05GB :confused::'(

Also: I took pictures with the Camera app and they saved to the Gallery. I deleted some pictures also and they deleted. On the phone restart, I checked and the pictures I took were no longer there, and the pictures I deleted were magically there again. Yikes...

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what to tell you friend. Sounds like your phone is possessed :p

Maybe the phone will magically brick itself at some point and you can claim insurance replacement on it.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps contact the Rom developer Peter Alfonso n explain situation perhaps he may give some insight.

A friendly thought

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what to tell you friend. Sounds like your phone is possessed :p

Maybe the phone will magically brick itself at some point and you can claim insurance replacement on it.

Haha :( At this point I welcome it being bricked. Maybe I can install 4.0.4 Stock using ODIN and it will actually wipe everything haha
:-[

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps contact the Rom developer Peter Alfonso n explain situation perhaps he may give some insight.

A friendly thought

I was thinking of registering to XDA developers and posting this thread to see how you can help me haha but like a poster earlier said I have tried so many things who would know where to start :'(

and Yeah thats true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy