[ROM][v6a] JRN84D 4.1 Jelly Bean

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden everyone who was saying their XYZ ROM of choice that was smooth as silk and snappy will be talking about the lag that they really had once they start running JB.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Your not kidding! I tip my hat to the boys and girls at google for this one. This is the android we have all been waiting for.

I will say this though, I LOVE my current ICS setup. JB will be my daily here shortly I'm sure, but for now I still run ICS.

aman1127

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use this as a daily driver. This thing is super fast however I miss 4g and my 3g speeds were less stellar than the normal slow. Too bad too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I remember when ICS was still brand new and we had no 4g yet on the sdk port....I said the same thing about no 4g being a deal breaker. I have MUCH faster home internet now, and it really doesn't bother me at all. I can use wifi virtually everywhere I go, which is at least as fast as 4g, and when I'm at home I get about 4-5x faster internet with my wifi.

having only 3g is definitely not a deal breaker for me this time. besides, it's my rom...how messed up would that be if I wasn't even confident enough to use my own rom as a daily?? lol

fomotomo

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Is this our only choice of Roms? Having no text messaging and GPS is a bummer. But its still worth it.

I got both up and running on mine......but i get no voicemail notifications anyone know how to fix ive redownloaded and all over and over to no fix :-/

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just reverted back to ICS. aokp with matr1x kernel. The jellybean ROM is awesome, the no GPS wasn't really even a problem for me, it was the battery life. I don't know if it's the google now constantly predicting where I'm driving to or updating me with Yankees scores or what exactly, but I got close to half the battery life I used to get with ICS. Can't tell any difference with buttery smooth, but Jellybean is definitely set up a lot better (widgets movement and toggle bar are awesome). Just the battery is killing me

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Funny how some people are complaining about the lag on ICS.. I know what lag you are talking about but I've been using the same rom forever now with almost no lag besides on Temple Run lol. I will try this out when there is a more stable build but I'm not really convinced that is where I will notice the difference.

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Funny how some people are complaining about the lag on ICS.. I know what lag you are talking about but I've been using the same rom forever now with almost no lag besides on Temple Run lol. I will try this out when there is a more stable build but I'm not really convinced that is where I will notice the difference.

funny temple run is the first thing i checked when switching to jellybean. Lag is still there. That's expected though buttery smooth probably fixes the lag when switching from screen to screen but i doubt it would fix gaming problems just because that's a hardware problem. not a software

fomotomo

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Ey the rom is smooth as a baby's bottom great battery life and everything u should really give it a try my only issue thus far is i don't get notifications for voicemail till i call

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
funny temple run is the first thing i checked when switching to jellybean. Lag is still there. That's expected though buttery smooth probably fixes the lag when switching from screen to screen but i doubt it would fix gaming problems just because that's a hardware problem. not a software

I found if I close my other apps and run at 1.4ghz it runs pretty smooth, as long as someone doesn't text me. Still kind of disappointing, it's the only thing that runs like that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think Temple Run's lag is a product of its own software. I've heard it even lagging on Tegra 3 and other high end based devices.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Best or closest rom to full JB stock? Anyone know how I can copy homescreens n apps to a diffrent rom. Have stock Ics rooted, would like to import directly to j.b. is possible?

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
On Xda it has stated that. MICHAELCampos has 4g working on the (Wip) (Rom) Cm10 Unofficial Build (Alpha)

Perhaps with Rom we have now n his 4g working we can get a full JB Rom. Thoughts?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1784473

CM 10 OFFICIAL also has 4g working.

Last edited:

michaelsdk

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, I really liked this rom for a bit. Then suddenly today my SMS totally stopped working. I had accepted the lack of picture messaging because I rarely use it. Now it doesn't work at all. I sent out several messages with no response over the course of the day. I finally called one of the recipients and they said they had sent me several messages back. Never got them. Returning to stock ICS for now.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
On Xda it has stated that. MICHAELCampos has 4g working on the (Wip) (Rom) Cm10 Unofficial Build (Alpha)

Perhaps with Rom we have now n his 4g working we can get a full JB Rom. Thoughts?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1784473

CM 10 OFFICIAL also has 4g working.

I've been running CM10 for a couple days, and I'm happy to report that its as good as this one, and better in some respects. My 4g is spotty at home, but I'll be out and about Raleigh tomorrow, and will test 4g then.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams