[MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First I have to give credit where credit is due for the original work.. I just ported it into the NS4G version.

I have to thank djmcnz for providing an awesome guide on how to do this mod and sharing it with everyone. That is what development is all about... Sharing...

Anyways onto the goods.....

REBOOT, REBOOT TO RECOVERY & BOOTLOADER EXTENDED POWER MENU
Screenshot_2012-07-13-15-54-09.png

[INFO]Aside from the obvious Reboot & Reboot to Recovery, you LONG PRESS on Recovery and it will boot into your bootloader.

[WARN]Two ROMs supported.. Make sure you get the right one ;)[/WARN]

Android Central jstntp's AOSP JellyBean Build v1.2

Extended Power Menu Mod (Flash in CWM/TWRP)[/INFO]

[INFO]
Lightyear420's JellyBean for the NS4G (version 7)

Download v7 : Extended Power Menu v7 (Flash in CWM/TWRP)[/INFO]

Last edited:

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Downloading now. Hopefully this one works since I couldn't never get the battery mod to install.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus S 4G

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted once I grab desired rom I move it to phone "flash name of file " hit power button?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes you flash this the same way as you would a ROM

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
That was my question, do I flash after moving it to device with fastboot flash name'of'rom

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! I was gonna try and build this but no reason now. Great work! I will be flashing after work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! I was gonna try and build this but no reason now. Great work! I will be flashing after work.

Building it isn't that hard, just takes concentration so you don't screw up the smali edits but the guide I used and linked to was very good to anyone who has dabbled a little in these areas before.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Building it isn't that hard, just takes concentration so you don't screw up the smali edits but the guide I used and linked to was very good to anyone who has dabbled a little in these areas before.

I did one for the optimus s, I just couldn't get apktool to work and didn't have the time yet to figure that out.

Edit: downloading now! Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey paul, is there any way we could get this in odexed form for the stock sprint ota?

Never have messed with odexed.... Actually though I have a lot on my plate at the moment and really don't have much time to contribute to much dev work currently.

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Never have messed with odexed.... Actually though I have a lot on my plate at the moment and really don't have much time to contribute to much dev work currently.

neither have I really...I just love the speed of an odexed rom, though. It's all good. I understand what you mean :) I've been pretty busy myself lately.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
neither have I really...I just love the speed of an odexed rom, though. It's all good. I understand what you mean :) I've been pretty busy myself lately.
Gotcha.. I think all this love for odexed ROMs started with the E4GT... Seemed like that started the trend of making ROMs odexed... Me personally a good kernel and combo mix and deodexed ROMs run just as smooth.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I will likely build this from the guide posted in the OP for the ROM I built over in the rooting section. I might get to it tonight when I get home.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I will likely build this from the guide posted in the OP for the ROM I built over in the rooting section. I might get to it tonight when I get home.

Its not very difficult, little confusing at first but really the dev did a good job with his guide/tutorial.