Easiest rooting for nexus so 4g

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have attempted a couple of times but the directions on YouTube seem to leave out key factors like "go to recovery " but don't mention you need clockwork or where to get it. Part of me says wait.. In a couple of months I'm getting whatever the best phone out is that week and passing my nexus s to my daughter. Confused in Mass.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Google NEXUSSROOTICS. is the file you want. Should be 17.5 MB file. Or you may google n download One Click Nexus S 4G. Very easy n step by step. 52.7 MB by ShabbyPenguin.

Hope it helps

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
OK I downloaded to PC, extracted in folder went to move driver into drive that appeared when I debugged, Got message please insert disk to drive E: What am I doing wrong? Running version 4.04 if that makes a difference.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Ur phone is stocked? If so select step 1.

If unlocked, yet need root, select option 2.

Each step has a certain process to root n add recovery as well as unlock, just depends on your phones setup. You can't go wrong with this.

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
There were no steps, I installed the 32 bit driver, it rebooted my phone I could only scroll the lower section. I used the one click instructions...... was supposed to be simple, I guess not ;-)

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
OKAY I got it to unlock and it went through the rest of the process, when all was done this "SIMPLE ONE CLICK PROCESS" gave me an unlocked uprooted phone I had to reinstall all my apps on. Worth it? I no way

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I unlocked, I retired one click, it took me to menu, I choose unlock not rooted, chose nexus s 4g, chose install clockwork, waiting for device. After 10 minutes I did it again this time TWPR 1.1.1 waiting for device, 10 minutes waiting, started again this time choosing TWPR 2,waiting for device. Anybody have a clue where I'm screwing this up????? PLEASE

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The one clicks while they are handy, usually have little safety checks built into the script and its these safety checks (I believe) that cause the most headaches and hangups.

Guys if you really want to get it rooted, do it the manual method..

Go grab the Android SDK package (Google it) and then once that is downloaded and installed run the SDK update to get the "Platform Tools" so you can get Fastboot and then all you need to do is download the custom recovery image and the SU zip, enter a few commands in Fastboot and your done... In the end you might even appreciate the fact you did a little handy work to unlock your device instead of fighting a silly one click script.

Full details of this method, I have described here..

[Guide] Rooting the Nexus S 4G (Windows Version)

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
No, I have rooted before and that was the mythod, I just kept hearing how easy one click was...... which it really wasn't. I am going through financial trouble, if I can keep my bill paid (due the 28th doesn?t look good) | will once again journey into cyanogen land

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar