I unlocked my Nexus s 4g and reinstalled apps because one click wouldn't do anything after unlock. A few days later I went back and it let me go further in menu, but it wouldn't go past installing recovery and root. I'm guessing having it. Loaded with apps and signed in is the issue. So I think if I lock it and start over, just maybe I'll root this. Open for suggestions.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-2012 05:53 AM
    After reading more into this could my true problem be 4.04?

07-25-2012 06:23 AM
    Beautiful thing about Nexus devices is they are so easily unlocked, custom recovery added and rooted.

You can use the One Click's that you have been talking about or do it the manual method which really doesn't take much effort and is within reach of just about any skill level.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...s-version.html

FWIW, It isn't going to matter if you running Gingerbread 2.3.4 which the Nexus S 4G released with or the newest official supported Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4. All is done the same exact way.

Need further help, just ask.
    07-25-2012 07:17 AM
    I just see how to root, one click freezes at the installing recovery and root. I'm trying to avoid the sdk way because I keep hearing how easy one click is....... If it's so easy why can't I install recovery and root? I sorry frustrated, I have rooted devices before, both my kindle fire, evo and evo 3d. This just seems to be pissing me off, is it 4.04 causing problems?

07-25-2012 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD