11-29-2012 01:16 AM
400 ... 13141516
tools
    I couldn't get the inverted gapps to take . I have separate inverted apps from trav @ black ice. I'll try that. Also switched to air 201. So far so good. I'll mess with the settings and let ya know. This is so far what I got .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    08-25-2012 05:30 PM
    traffic backing up on link. Must have done a wonderful job on 2.4
    08-26-2012 09:17 AM
    New links and mirrors are up in the OP.

Been using dropbox for about a year now to host my dev work ........ even built it up to 12gb bonus storage from referrals and up until today they were my absolute favorite cloud storage option.

This morning I receive an email telling me my public links have been suspended for three days due to excessive download traffic. No warning, just suspended!! After a little research I find out that the way to avoid this is to pay them 10 bucks a month for their pro service. Had they warned me prior to suspending my links, I probably would have been inclined to subscribe.

Switching cloud service over to Ubuntu One and Google Drive.

Thanks Dropbox for your "great" customer service! Suspending public links without notice that are in no way shape or form illegal is completely uncalled for!!
    08-26-2012 01:36 PM
    New links and mirrors are up in the OP.

Been using dropbox for about a year now to host my dev work ........ even built it up to 12gb bonus storage from referrals and up until today they were my absolute favorite cloud storage option.

This morning I receive an email telling me my public links have been suspended for three days due to excessive download traffic. No warning, just suspended!! After a little research I find out that the way to avoid this is to pay them 10 bucks a month for their pro service. Had they warned me prior to suspending my links, I probably would have been inclined to subscribe.

Switching cloud service over to Ubuntu One and Google Drive.

Thanks Dropbox for your "great" customer service! Suspending public links without notice that are in no way shape or form illegal is completely uncalled for!!
    I've used SugarSync for a while now, and am really liking it so far. It's similar to Dropbox, but has a LOT more customization/control available.
    jstntp likes this.
    08-26-2012 02:00 PM
    Great ROM!

08-26-2012 07:54 PM
    Cleared Dalvik cache and installed 2.4 over 2.3. Seems to be working great so far! Thanks!
    I've never flashed anything on my phone without a full wipe... is all we need to do clear dalvik cache and then load the new update? Is this standard practice? (i too am on 2.3 right now)....
    08-26-2012 07:58 PM
    I've never flashed anything on my phone without a full wipe... is all we need to do clear dalvik cache and then load the new update? Is this standard practice? (i too am on 2.3 right now)....
    No, usually you would do a full wipe, but jstntp specifically posted that he flashed from 2.3 to 2.4 without issue, but to do a full wipe if using any earlier version.
    08-26-2012 09:11 PM
    Wipe both cache AND dalvik cache.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-2012 10:13 PM
    Is there a way to remove the percentage next to battery?

08-27-2012 12:31 AM
    There is a mod for the stock battery located in the OP.
    08-27-2012 12:56 AM
    There is a mod for the stock battery located in the OP.
    OK.... of quite sure what that means can you walk me through it?

08-27-2012 01:00 AM
    Got it.... thanks!

08-27-2012 01:40 AM
    will this rom work on optimus s??
    08-27-2012 04:43 PM
    Ummm. . . . No
    08-27-2012 05:33 PM
    No! Do NOT flash this on the optimus s! Last thing you want to do is flash a wrong boot.img on your phone. Odds of it becoming a brick are good.
    08-27-2012 05:41 PM
    Here is one that you can try: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...012-a.html#anb

I haven't tried it yet on my backup phone, but it should work, excepting camera, mms, and google now.
    08-27-2012 06:28 PM
    Great rom, thanks for doing this. I have one problem. After a week of using, my phone won't go past the bootup screen. Any suggestions?
    08-27-2012 06:32 PM
    Great rom, thanks for doing this. I have one problem. After a week of using, my phone won't go past the bootup screen. Any suggestions?
    Try booting to recovery and wiping cache and dalvik cache.

08-27-2012 06:37 PM

Try booting to recovery and wiping cache and dalvik cache.

Yes try that and if it wont work try wiping system only and flashing the rom and gapps without wiping data....... if still a no go, sorry but you will need to wipe all and start fresh again.
    08-27-2012 07:02 PM
    Might be a noon question but why can't I change my voodoo screen v1 gamma hack with the vdcolor air kernel but I can change the rgb multipliers? I can actually move the sliders around but it doesn't change the screen:/ miss my nice vibrant colors:/
    08-29-2012 12:53 AM
    Might be a noon question but why can't I change my voodoo screen v1 gamma hack with the vdcolor air kernel but I can change the rgb multipliers? I can actually move the sliders around but it doesn't change the screen:/ miss my nice vibrant colors:/
    You would actually want to ask this question over in the Air Kernel thread as it pertains directly to the kernel itself.
    08-29-2012 02:24 AM
    I miss those too. But the gamma hack was altered to fix the green screen flicker upon unlock. I don't know if they are working on a fix though.
    08-29-2012 04:58 AM
    Alright, so I'm back after a week and a half. As some of you may remember I was having some bizarre issues with my Nexus. I took it to the head tech for Sprint in my area who was very knowledgeable and didn't care that it was rooted, had a custom rom, etc. He did everything he could to bring it back (including taking a nand chip out of another dead NS and putting it in mine). Nothing worked, so he declared it dead and put in for a TEP swap. All was good except that they didn't have any more Nexus S's in stock. So I had to relive the glory days of a Palm Centro for about a week and a half.

Well I am here now to report that after receiving my new (refurb probably) Nexus S I immediately installed JB 2.4 on it and it is running phenomenally. I was really shocked at how poorly stock ICS runs on this phone. Having my wife's (which currently has Bugless Beast ICS on it) to compare to it was night and day. Then going back to JB was an even greater improvement. I just want to thank everyone who has put many hours of their lives into making what is probably the best JB rom for the NS4G. Also in honor of jstntp I have changed my avatar to a VW themed one as well
    jstntp and kevincwelch like this.
    08-30-2012 11:00 AM
    Excellent news! Glad to see you got a ns4g. There are many reports lately of people getting others devices

08-30-2012 11:54 AM
    I'm up for touch focus on camera. Used briefly on a family members phone was very cool feature. Would gladly welcome the enhancement toba future update of JellyButt.
    08-31-2012 01:09 AM
400 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD