[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

koolkid09

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][WIP] AOSP JellyBean Source - Mms, Rooted [8/3/12

Downloaded latest ROM and did a test.

Things that don't work.

Camera - Sometimes it force closes gallery and saves picture as grey rectangle.​

Bluetooth - Turns on but doesn't connect.​

SMS/MMS Sending - I can recieve both, but sending either works when it wants to.

Some nitpicky things

Google Now a little slow​

Notification shade doesn't respond well to a quick pull down (though that may just be how JB works) and screen doesn't dim when pulling down shade.​

Overall nice work and I really appreciate you working on a ROM for the Nexus.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...... ill do some further testing of the camera and BT. I have taken a few pics though without issue and even did a video recording.

Maybe give Airkernel a try for the speed of things such as the pulldown and whatnot and grab Nstools from the market to further tweak it to your liking. Just a suggestion. Here is the link to the kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1516535

donniejett

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm running v1.1 and everything this is working fine. I had a boot issue when I did a full wipe so I went back to the first build and wiped cache/delvick and flashed and everything went fine.

I've sent a mms and everything was great!

This the smoothest JB Rom I've tried and I believe I've tried them all!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Tried installing V1.2 through ROM manager on the initial release n still had to setup apps n such. Did I do something wrong? I'll most likely update when wimax is open n free for use.

Great Work though, keep up the Brilliant job.

U Guys kick ass.

I'll just have to wait patiently To update.

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Been running this since last night . So far I haven't found anything that doesn't work for me . Very snappy . I'll check out the battery I life . Thank you guys , this kicks ass !!!!

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I am having problems with Google wallet. It gives me the option to add my account and then says it is loading or whatever but doesn't go beyond that.

Also, in Accounts under my Google account it says Sync is experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. And there is a 'Sync error'.

Going to try the latest build.

Formatted everything and just started again. Sometimes it is just easier!! Everything seems to be working now.

Last edited:

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems with Google wallet. It gives me the option to add my account and then says it is loading or whatever but doesn't go beyond that.

Also, in Accounts under my Google account it says Sync is experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. And there is a 'Sync error'.

Going to try the latest build.

Hey sir . I don't use wallet but just loaded it to check it out. It loaded fine and added $15.00 to my Google card . I have not added any other cards yet . I'll try it today and post if it worked or not .

Edit: just saw the bottom of your post . Good deal .

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Did I hear anyone complain they didn't have Extended Power Menu options?

Screenshot_2012-07-13-15-54-09.png

Reboot, Recovery & Bootloader do I hear you cry for?

Little hidden easter egg, to boot into your bootloader LONG PRESS on RECOVERY option and it will boot into your bootloader.

Extended Power Menu Mod v1.2 (Flash in CWM/TWRP)

Enjoy !

Original thread & source/credit's:
[MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

downtown3641

May 14, 2011
Visit site

I just installed v1.2. I don't know why, bit the WiFi and 3g status symbols aren't turning blue. It appears to be purely cosmetic, as all Google services seem to be syncing just fine. I did do a Titanium restore of apps and settings from a different JB ROM, if that makes a difference.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I just installed v1.2. I don't know why, bit the WiFi and 3g status symbols aren't turning blue. It appears to be purely cosmetic, as all Google services seem to be syncing just fine. I did do a Titanium restore of apps and settings from a different JB ROM, if that makes a difference.

Try a reboot, sometimes they lose contact.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
After a day the only issue is that its not as smooth as the other JB ROMs. Fix this and your ROM will be unstoppable..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [4.1.1] Stock JellyBean w/ Official Binaries - Source B

ROM works gat. The 3.1.3 Su link works great. One issue though, no tethering apps (WiFi tether or WiFi tether for root users) just don't tether. They will setup n install but no tether is active, just reads 0s for data shared or transfer. Also had this issue with CM10 Experimental. suggestions?

Does wifi tether work even on the native settings? If not, then it is a real deal-killer.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the info everyone. Currently I'm ridiculously sick and have had to turn the pc off for a couple days. When I'm able to get back to it, the next release will have init.d support so custom kernels such as Airkernel will work as intended. Paul's power mod will be included as well and I will see about any other performance tweaks that can help. Glad you guys are enjoying it. Ill get back to it when I can.

Reactions: donniejett

donniejett

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this since yesterday afternoon and it's awesome! I've experienced good battery life, no freezes (like other jb roms out there) mms works!

I really couldn't be happier with a Rom at the moment.

Big thanks to the devs!