[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems with Google wallet. It gives me the option to add my account and then says it is loading or whatever but doesn't go beyond that.

Also, in Accounts under my Google account it says Sync is experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. And there is a 'Sync error'.

Going to try the latest build.

Formatted everything and just started again. Sometimes it is just easier!! Everything seems to be working now.

Still having problems with Google sync.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
That was the first thing I tried. Like I said, all of Google's services are syncing properly,

Did you try fixing permissions from recovery? I don't know why thy get off sometimes, but if things feel off, the first thing I try is boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache and/or fix permissions. Also making sure you perform a full wipe PRIOR to flashing new roms, especially when moving between OS versions; i.e. gingerbread to ics or ics to jellybean. Just to be safe I always wipe data, cache, dalvik. Then go to mounts and storage and wipe system, data, boot. That seems to minimize these little imperfections.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the info everyone. Currently I'm ridiculously sick and have had to turn the pc off for a couple days. When I'm able to get back to it, the next release will have init.d support so custom kernels such as Airkernel will work as intended. Paul's power mod will be included as well and I will see about any other performance tweaks that can help. Glad you guys are enjoying it. Ill get back to it when I can.

Congratulations to jstntp and Paul. Never thought the old nexus had the hardware to run JellyBean. Looks like I was wrong. GREAT WORK!!!

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][WIP] AOSP JellyBean Source - Mms, Rooted [8/3/12

does this contain the official jb boot screen?? or are those files not included in the binaries??

Berkeleyboy

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

So, I ran this Rom through the ringer really trying to beat it up and I am very happy with it so far. Nice work, my only criticism is I would like to see it have a little more fluidity but other than that have had no problems.

Bluetooth works great syncs right up with my car, maps and gps are working, navigation works (huge advantage over other jb roms I have tried). Play store loads and works (experienced this problem with other roms). Phone calls, text messages all work fine. Thank you again for this.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the feedback everyone.. jstntp is sick as he mentioned, so when he feels better we can gather up all the tips and info your providing and try and make things better for the next build.

Keep in mind we both have good knowledge of building themes but this whole building from source is a new ball game for us so were learning as we go. Its been a fun ride so far and as you can all see even builds straight from AOSP source have quirks and things not working properly all the time.

Again, thanks for the support and I'm glad to be working with jstntp on this so I have someone to blame when I blow the build or mess up :p

Reactions: donniejett

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I do believed that if or paying Sprint for Mobile Hotspot this ROM is just fine n should work well in that regard. However WiFi tethering I've used as a free service for the past few years n am trying patiently to wait for the ROM Mobile Hotspot to be open for use or for a 3rd party tether app to be updated to work with J.B.

When I turn on mobile hotspot it turns off my 3g n data, since I don't use sprint for the service.

Gents keep up the Awesome work

Jstntp feel better man.

downtown3641

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Did you try fixing permissions from recovery? I don't know why thy get off sometimes, but if things feel off, the first thing I try is boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache and/or fix permissions. Also making sure you perform a full wipe PRIOR to flashing new roms, especially when moving between OS versions; i.e. gingerbread to ics or ics to jellybean. Just to be safe I always wipe data, cache, dalvik. Then go to mounts and storage and wipe system, data, boot. That seems to minimize these little imperfections.

I always do a full wipe as well as wiping cache and dalvik. I don't fix permissions, though. I'll start doing that. Is there anything I need to know about wiping system, data, and boot? I don't want any nasty surprises such as losing CWM. I'm hoping this will also fix the random reboots into recovery (and failed random attempts to boot into recovery) that have been happening every night for the last week or so over several different Roms.

ssgtdirt

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I always do a full wipe as well as wiping cache and dalvik. I don't fix permissions, though. I'll start doing that. Is there anything I need to know about wiping system, data, and boot? I don't want any nasty surprises such as losing CWM. I'm hoping this will also fix the random reboots into recovery (and failed random attempts to boot into recovery) that have been happening every night for the last week or so over several different Roms.

What do you wipe when you say "full wipe"? A true full wipe will include /system & /boot both found under mounts & storage in cwm. Cache & dalvic are both located in /data, so you don't have to wipe them separately, even though it won't hurt anything.

sent from my ns4g using tapatalk 2

downtown3641

May 14, 2011
Visit site

What do you wipe when you say "full wipe"? A true full wipe will include /system & /boot both found under mounts & storage in cwm. Cache & dalvic are both located in /data, so you don't have to wipe them separately, even though it won't hurt anything.

sent from my ns4g using tapatalk 2

I've been doing the factory/data wipe on the main screen of CWM. Interesting. I guess I've been doing it wrong all along. Wiping /boot won't erase the custom recovery, right?

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Downtown, I personally wipe from main screen data , cache , and dalvak . Every so often I wipe from mounts and storage to clean out anything left hanging around . Never had a problem with losing anything and have had less issues . This ROM is running fantastic for me. Usually run off the other site but I don't think I'm going anywhere else soon . Thanks devs . Amazing !

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been doing the factory/data wipe on the main screen of CWM. Interesting. I guess I've been doing it wrong all along. Wiping /boot won't erase the custom recovery, right?

The recovery.img is on a partition all to its self. No worries of wiping that. Boot is a completely separate partition as well.

Reactions: david Young

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Great work gentlemen! I can't find anything wrong with it. It will be just enough to play with until my upgrade in September.

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

bfree380

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Is there any way to add the "Face Unlock" feature to this ROM? I know that they won't be adding this due to the front camera being VGA, but I think that it would be cool just for kicks :) I also haven't been very successful at finding the .zip file for it for JellyBean anywhere. Thanks again for a great job!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Is there any way to add the "Face Unlock" feature to this ROM? I know that they won't be adding this due to the front camera being VGA, but I think that it would be cool just for kicks :) I also haven't been very successful at finding the .zip file for it for JellyBean anywhere. Thanks again for a great job!

We can make a note of it... There are a few things we would like to add into future builds. Probably the biggest is we would love to add the Extended Power Menu version I posted into source instead of being a flashable add on.

Keep checking back and we will see what the next build brings.

Berkeleyboy

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking about trying a different kernel with this rom does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Should I even try this? I'd like to see what kind of results I can get.