[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][WIP] AOSP JellyBean Source - Tether-fixed!! [8/7

Tether is running great. So Thank You very much for that. Everything is nice n smooth. If any hiccups I'll be sure to give notice.

A stock made rom made by devs. N those devs adjusting the ROM to the community. Nothing better. I may just keep this in use rather than using JB when it'll come to nexus s 4G.

Great Work Devs. You deserve a round of Congrats.

Congrats.

Reactions: jstntp

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Want the jellybean boot animation? Here is a flash able version. Download, boot to recovery, wipe cache and flash. Enjoy!

http://db.tt/Xq29VLI9

Animation found here Dev-Host - bootanimation.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service and I simply made it flash able.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Lol, I actually forgot to note in the changelog that it IS included with v1.3........ oops!!

wamsille

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

What about a way to just have stock everything?

Edit:

I'm not knocking the work done here. I just recently put Ubuntu back on my machine but I'm far from having the time to compile my own build. (Or I would!) I would like to have a plain stock experience without too many changes to the interface. If there is a way to reverse what was done with a flashable zip (that seems to be the general route these "fixes" take) this would be a daily runner for sure.

Last edited:

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps a link may be posted for the initial release of the ROM for those who would like a stock ROM experience? Or u may want V1.1 includes root n mms fix for phones that had mms problems in i initial release. Just a thought.

Perhaps links for initial release n V1.1

wamsille

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Perhaps a link may be posted for the initial release of the ROM for those who would like a stock ROM experience? Or u may want V1.1 includes root n mms fix for phones that had mms problems in i initial release. Just a thought.

Perhaps links for initial release n V1.1

I thought there were performance tweaks to version 1.3, so it would be nice to keep up with the current crop of updates that don't tweak the UI. An extended power menu isn't a bad thing at all.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

What about a way to just have stock everything?

Edit:

I'm not knocking the work done here. I just recently put Ubuntu back on my machine but I'm far from having the time to compile my own build. (Or I would!) I would like to have a plain stock experience without too many changes to the interface. If there is a way to reverse what was done with a flashable zip (that seems to be the general route these "fixes" take) this would be a daily runner for sure.

I thought there were performance tweaks to version 1.3, so it would be nice to keep up with the current crop of updates that don't tweak the UI. An extended power menu isn't a bad thing at all.

Here you go. v1.2 is very stock with Mms fixed. No performance tweaks, no tether, no extended power menu (but you can flash it from here), no init.d support, no deep-idle fix, and no bootanimation.

AOSP-JellyBean-NS4G-v1.2.zip

wamsille

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

What would it take to have a version 1.3 with the tweaks and a stock appearance? I don't think I was clear with that statement you quoted. I would want to keep an updated build with enhancements that impact performance - just without any customizations to the appearance.

adge4u

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Not sure why but I'm having trouble with 1.3. There is a ton of lag threw all of the screens, and Titanium backup stalls 10-15% of the way threw the restore of the system files (all apps are restored correctly though).

Made sure everything was wiped, and tried 3 different installs, still trouble. Anyone else having these issues?

Going back to 1.2 for now which was/is working perfect.

donniejett

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why but I'm having trouble with 1.3. There is a ton of lag threw all of the screens, and Titanium backup stalls 10-15% of the way threw the restore of the system files (all apps are restored correctly though).

Made sure everything was wiped, and tried 3 different installs, still trouble. Anyone else having these issues?

I had some issues when I first booted up. I let titanium do its job, rebooted and now it's back to zippy!!

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

donniejett

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Installed and everything seems nice!! I love the battery % mod and power options!

Thank you guys!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it took like 30 minutes to smooth out. Also I flashed ROM gapps app2zip package and kernel at once. Then I switched kernels are that was when it seemed more stable. Switched from air blue+65 to air vodoo colors

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

adge4u

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Update: All better now!

I re-wiped everything, flashed 1.3 again but only let Titanium restore the apps. It seems the old system file backups from 1.2 were causing 1.3 to freeze and re-boot.

Reactions: hlxanthus

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Been using 1.3 since posted. Now showing lag up to 5 seconds when trying to open notification, phone for the number pad, n gallery for pics n videos also take a bit of time to respond to a tap to open. I use Fast Reboot n Advance Task Killer n they help but within 10 minutes lag repeats.

Just giving a heads up.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Been using 1.3 since posted. Now showing lag up to 5 seconds when trying to open notification, phone for the number pad, n gallery for pics n videos also take a bit of time to respond to a tap to open. I use Fast Reboot n Advance Task Killer n they help but within 10 minutes lag repeats.

Just giving a heads up.

Kinda sounds like you might have an app that's going rogue on you. I'm NOT saying its definitely not the rom, but that seems a little strange. Do you have a lot of apps installed? When this happens is your memory real low? Just some thoughts.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Total apps 106. Ram 646 USB 1Gb. I'm about to run antivirus n check also check a few other settings. I'll get back n let you know.
Also a delay on the face buttons to go home or back when waiting for An app to open.

Update. Antivirus was fine n able to run Advance Task Killer so should be set have it on auto kill every time screen is off. I'll keep updated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke