[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyBean-v2.0 - JRO03L [8/9/12]

Alright here is v2.1 for testing purposes. I'm not going to add it to the OP though.

I was able to dirty flash this build with wiping cache, dalvik-cache and system with no issues, but as always, if that gives anyone trouble..... wipe clean and reflash before reporting bugs.

AOSP-JellyBean-NS4G-v2.1_beta.zip

Small changelog:

-left out the extended power menu
-synced and built from google 4.1.1_r4 sources on 8/10/12
-commented out a couple lines in the build.prop that I had added previously

Reactions: david Young

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Great!

Will test over the next 24 hours as a stock item and get back to you.

EDIT: whoa! Got all kinds of antivirus warnings about this one :)

Reactions: jstntp

treeserton

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone had an issues in sending long(over 160 characters) sms messages with the stock app? I installed this on the girlfriends phone and every time she sends anything over 160 and it auto splits the message they both come out as a bunch of jumbles characters. Thanks in advance for any input.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

lol, what do you mean anitvirus warnings? From the rom.zip?

No, it actually was a warning from Chrome or something.

It said something like "You usually don't download files like this"...to which I said, "Bullsh*t I don't..."

I scanned it with ESET and it checked out fine...:D

BTW: got it up and running now with stock kernel. No errors on the install. No FCs. Running Nova launcher without a hitch. Will keep you updated.

Reactions: jstntp

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
OK v2.1 already feels snappier like the first build. I'll run it hard to see what it does. Thank you sir !

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

wamsille

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Chrome has a built in security check on files you download. It's just Google trying to protect you from yourself. Carry on.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

No, it actually was a warning from Chrome or something.

It said something like "You usually don't download files like this"...to which I said, "Bullsh*t I don't..."

I scanned it with ESET and it checked out fine...:D

BTW: got it up and running now with stock kernel. No errors on the install. No FCs. Running Nova launcher without a hitch. Will keep you updated.

OK v2.1 already feels snappier like the first build. I'll run it hard to see what it does. Thank you sir !

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Well, i now have the extended power menu in the source so from here on out it will be included again. I'm going to play with a few other things I think and get an official v2.2 build up later tonight or tomorrow night. Thanks for testing this v2.1 everyone.... I have a feeling it's just a more stable build.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Are you recommending a complete wipe, or can we just flash over the 2.1 beta? (I really hate restoring everything :( )

jdhamblin

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been running 1.2 then 2.0. I noticed the lag issue when I went to a sprint area that sucks. I have tried wiping d. Cache etc, only to have it come back soon. I noticed maps draining some battery and I hadn't opened it. I shut off gps and location services AND Google now. I have noticed NO lag since. I've been running it that way today. ROM is snappy again. I'll report back any changes but I'm really happy again. Almost went back to ICS. So glad I didn't.

Thanks to the devs for this rom and their continued support.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

2.1 beta tether isn't open. 3g turns off when activated.

I noticed this as well with wifi tether as well as the "access point" widget that comes along with wifi manager. (I feel like tether worked with 2.0.) My table sees the wifi and can connect, but there is no data. I have seen 3G off mostly on the phone when this occurs, but on one occasion the blue 3G symbol was present, but no data.

Additionally, I could not use bluetooth to share the internet conenction with my tablet (never have been, regardless of ROM...it may be the tablet.)

In other regards:

1. The ROM is faster than 2.0
2. 4G works fine for me
3. GPS lock in ~5 seconds using GPS Test
4. No FCs
5. Bluetooth pairs fine

The only other thing that I have noticed is that it seems as though superuser is not remembering that I have allowed su access to programs, even though I have checked off the "remember" checkbox. A quick check of the su program shows a list of all the programs that I have given permission to in the list. I don't want to change it from "prompt" to "allow" by default for security reasons.

Other than that, it's been running really well.

The wifi tether is something that has bugged me since I got my NS4G. I never had a problem using the Epic 4G as a tethering device. Not sure why...

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Fix for tether works great. Up n running nice and smooth. Fantastic ROM.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, i now have the extended power menu in the source so from here on out it will be included again. I'm going to play with a few other things I think and get an official v2.2 build up later tonight or tomorrow night. Thanks for testing this v2.1 everyone.... I have a feeling it's just a more stable build.

It seems more stable. Thanks!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Had some things to do tonight that I had forgot about so didn't get a chance to work on the build as much as I wanted to. Eh, maybe ill just throw up the v2.2 as it sits for now. It has the extended power mod back in as well as a scrolling improvement tweak. Oh and tether will work too. We will try to get some more features in a build later this week too.