[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh man I have been dying to work on my builds recently but just haven't had the time. So to answer your question, yes and I will update as soon as I can. But to be honest, I'm not quite sure when exactly that will be, lol. I need to finish up some non-android real life commitments before I can jump back into this.

Sorry for the delay everyone!

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Thread seemed a bit slow. Jstntp keep up with your Real life commitments. You've done much for the Android Community. Patience we have.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
After using both JellyButt 2.4 and rooted JRO03R, here's two issues with JellyButt that I thought the devs should know about:
1. Pandora doesn't work on 3G/4G connections. Works fine on WiFi, but skips every song after loading 1% on mobile data.
2. Severe lag when loading Google Now and Google Chrome. Both are fast once they've loaded, but initial start up is extremely slow.

I'm hoping building the ROM using JRO03R source helps fix these issues, because other than that, overall performance on JellyButt is great. Looking forward to the next release!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
After using both JellyButt 2.4 and rooted JRO03R, here's two issues with JellyButt that I thought the devs should know about:
1. Pandora doesn't work on 3G/4G connections. Works fine on WiFi, but skips every song after loading 1% on mobile data.
2. Severe lag when loading Google Now and Google Chrome. Both are fast once they've loaded, but initial start up is extremely slow.

I'm hoping building the ROM using JRO03R source helps fix these issues, because other than that, overall performance on JellyButt is great. Looking forward to the next release!

Jelly butt was built using official AOSP JRO03R source. jstntp will have to dig in to see if he can find what is possibly causing this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Jelly butt was built using official AOSP JRO03R source. jstntp will have to dig in to see if he can find what is possibly causing this.

I believe the latest build was with JRO03L. So in theory the needed fixes could be included in the newest source (assuming it is released)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe the latest build was with JRO03L. So in theory the needed fixes could be included in the newest source (assuming it is released)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Your correct, I didn't notice the little difference in the build code "JRO03L/JRO03R". My fault.

I just checked my last build from Sept 11, 2012 and it was still JRO03L.

Edit: I just updated my repo and checked again and its still only giving me JRO03L as the most current. All I can gather is the JRO03R build that was from the OTA must still be in Sprint's hands. They took JRO03L, updated it with their binaries and some tweaks and released it OTA. They obviously haven't shared it back with Google at this point in time for release as factory images, etc.

Last edited:

strid3r85

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see anyone else who mentioned anything, but my screen doesn't turn off when held up to my face. Maybe the proximity sensor wasn't enabled or something. Wondered if anyone else was seeing this behavior in build v2.4, or is it just me? It would help with battery life so, any thoughts on how to enable this or is it an issue of the build? Thanks.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
If you guys are open to suggestions for the ROM, I'd be interested to see if LVM can be added into the ROM so we can adjust/create partitions on the internal memory: [HOWTO] "Partitioning" your Nexus S using LVM - xda-developers

It might not be useful to enough people to warrant integration into the ROM (I don't even know if it would work with a JB ROM), but I figured it would be worth it to bring up the idea. Personally, I'd like to be able to make a 512MB swap partition. I'm sick of only having 30MB of free RAM lol.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded to the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Wanted to say Thank You for the Rom and the Outstanding work that has been done. I'll be over at the Galaxy Nexus Forums.

ludvball

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I am currently using CM nightly ROM right now, and was going to switch to Jelly Butt. I have seen a couple of options for Gapps. Which Gapps is recommended for this ROM?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using CM nightly ROM right now, and was going to switch to Jelly Butt. I have seen a couple of options for Gapps. Which Gapps is recommended for this ROM?

There is a link in the OP for gapps download.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So I installed this rom at the beginning of September and have used it till now.

This ROM has made my phone run like complete crap. Are there any suggestions to fix this?

I have all but weather turned off on Google Now. Nothing else is running that I wouldn't have had running on ICS.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
What can i do so my Windows pc is able to mount the USB storage as a drive ? this used to work before, and i've haven't have the need to use it until today when i need to copy a video file from the phone to my PC. any help is appreciated. I went to developers, USD debugging, but it doesn't work in both, my Windows XP or Windows 7 laptop.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So I installed this rom at the beginning of September and have used it till now.

This ROM has made my phone run like complete crap. Are there any suggestions to fix this?

I have all but weather turned off on Google Now. Nothing else is running that I wouldn't have had running on ICS.

Part of the problem may be Google Now at all. It's a huge battery drain and it's really not worth it, IMHO.

Also, you should look into the default clock speed/voltage/governor/etc of your original ROM. It's possible that your device just works better with certain settings, or that you're used to performance over battery life or something.

In short, there are a million variables, and the ROM is just one of them. But saying that the ROM made your phone, "run like complete crap" is both unhelpful and rude. It gives no explanation as to what the issue could be, if it's video, interface, call quality... there's no information available.

Furthermore, you're comparing to ICS, a system that's been developed for a year, to JB where the current birthday is still this year (June of 2012, if you're curious). That's less than 6 months to do what another full version has gotten to in a year and a half. Of course there are bugs. If you're getting one, report it. Poor performance? Give scenarios to reproduce. But for the sake of all that's holy, don't just say, "this rom runs like crap. i'm taking my ball and going home." Just leave quietly, and someone won't have to post a treatise on why that's the wrong thing to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20