Need to Re-Root and USB won't work

dewayneshorts

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I need to get root back on my Sprint Nexus S 4G. I tried the OTA update and don't like it as much as custom ROM's. The problem is I can't use any of the one click rooters or anything else that requires USB connection to a computer. I have all the drivers installed but when I plug the phone in I get not recognition. The phone will charge fine but I can not do any transfers via USB. Things have been like this for a while but i have been able to work around it. Current phone info is: Android ver. 4.0.4 , Kernel 3.0.8-g6656123
Any help would be great!

dewayneshorts

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried that too. The computer never recognizes that the phone is plugged into the USB port. The phone also never knows that it is plugged into USB. Seems like for some reason the port on the phone will only charge. Sooooooo.... What every solution happens needs to be something that I can load onto the phone via dropbox or email download, and then execute in recovery mode.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I assume you enabled usb debugging? but that shouldnt affect mass media storage

Things to try would be a different usb cable or a different pc

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I assume you enabled usb debugging? but that shouldnt affect mass media storage

Things to try would be a different usb cable or a different pc

I had this problem at one point and finally realized that it was the device. I would up taking it in for servicing and got a refurb. This was about 3 months ago. Sprint was very good about it. Even though I had TEP, they said that it was a known problem and just replaced it (i.e., it probably would've gotten replaced even if I didn't have TEP). Obviously, YMMV depending on where you take it in and the tech that you get (if you choose to do this). Keep in mind though that at the moment, Sprint has no known inventory of these devices, new or refurbs, so if you do get it serviced, they probably will offer you something else assuming that they go this route. I've heard of the LG Optimus and Galaxy II as options, but not the Galaxy Nexus. Just an FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995