[ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [Updated 09/23/2012]

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [OFFICIAL]

The new updated ROM is working great so far. I will give it a couple of days to settle in and put it through its paces.
Thank you again for the Stock Rooted ROM. If I find any other bugs I'll let you know. I'm still having issues with Beautiful Widges, but I think
its on their end. Not the ROM.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like another success story to me.. Always great to see more people giving back to the community that gave to them, in this example by offering this JB build to those who want simple, close to stock without all the bling of the big dog ROMs.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Hey I was wondering how your battery life has been. Mines been ok but for some reason I can't get mine to deep sleep. Check out the photos below. Google maps seems to be running all the time. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.
e7y8e4aq.jpg
nezapy7u.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I am still on stock kernel so I can't answer for what battery is like on a custom one. But stock seems about the same as ICS to me

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm on stock also. Never got around to loading air yet. I'll give it a couple of more days. I just can't figure out why maps is running now.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

What I do is freeze maps until I need it. That seems to help a bit.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Maps running constantly seemed like it started with ICS... Doesn't seem to matter if GPS is on or off, using Maps or not it seems to be lurking in the background somewhere...

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I thought I had pin pointed it to being the google location services option. So I unchecked the option. I'll let you guys know if this helps.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I thought I had pin pointed it to being the google location services option. So I unchecked the option. I'll let you guys know if this helps.

Under settings>location I found all three checked. I unchecked all but the the top one. WiFi and mobile network location really shouldn't consume battery as it just used info already provided by the data stream.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

What does your battery life look like? I'm on stuck on bugless beast battery life. Lol its been a while since I used a stock rom.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

With decent signal and 2hr screen time and average usage for me I get about 18 hours up. Obviously much worse if I have horrible signal (as I often do as I travel around the state a bunch for work)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

OP updated with an Advanced Power Menu modification

Additional Modifications
Installation Instructions for all MODS -Install the latest version of the rom first by following the directions above -Download the mod you desire and place on the root of the SD card -Create a Nandroid Backup -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache -Install the mod from SD card -Reboot and enjoy!! Note - If you are installing the rom and mods together that is fine (no reboot between needed). You can simply flash the mods directly AFTER you flash the rom. Advanced Power Menu This will enable the Reboot and Recovery options to Power Menu along with the existing Power Off and Airplane Mode. An added bonus will be that long press of the Recovery option will boot to the Bootloader! I followed the guide found here, provided by djmcnz over on XDA. This is partially in the way of a port of his work as I did use his images, just resized for the NS4G.
Screenshot_2012-09-16-15-47-38.png
Download Advanced Power Menu - JRO03R _____________________________________________________​
More Mods to come! Look for a percentage battery mod soon . . .

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Its sweet you added this option. Going to flash now. Maybe this will help my battery life out. Could of had a bad flash. I'm going to complete wipe and try again. Opps. Thought this was baked in. NEVERMIND! Still well done.

OP updated with an Advanced Power Menu modification

Additional Modifications
Installation Instructions for all MODS -Install the latest version of the rom first by following the directions above -Download the mod you desire and place on the root of the SD card -Create a Nandroid Backup -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache -Install the mod from SD card -Reboot and enjoy!! Note - If you are installing the rom and mods together that is fine (no reboot between needed). You can simply flash the mods directly AFTER you flash the rom. Advanced Power Menu This will enable the Reboot and Recovery options to Power Menu along with the existing Power Off and Airplane Mode. An added bonus will be that long press of the Recovery option will boot to the Bootloader! I followed the guide found here, provided by djmcnz over on XDA. This is partially in the way of a port of his work as I did use his images, just resized for the NS4G. More Mods to come! Look for a percentage battery mod soon . . .

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Its sweet you added this option. Going to flash now. Maybe this will help my battery life out. Could of had a bad flash. I'm going to complete wipe and try again. Opps. Thought this was baked in. NEVERMIND! Still well done.

I wanted to keep mods separate from the ROM so there is still an unmodded base. Once I get a few mods done I will likely post a stock and custom option entire rom

mapninja

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm having some trouble getting the Power Options mod to 'take.' I cleared the Dalvik cache and installed from the SD. No weird messages and the installation completes successfully. When I reboot I get an "Android is Upgrading..." message and it rolls through optimizing all the apps, counting 0 to 67 and reboots. When I long hold the power button I get the same old menu. is there a setting somewhere to enable?

The Battery mod is killer. And I'm loving the 4.1.1 ROM. Very nice. Any new mods coming? A new, modded ROM?

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Where is the battery mod? :::::Nevermind I see it in the OP::::::: I must have missed that. I'm not sure why you can't get the power options to work for you. Did you update to the new version of this rom before installing? Maybe you had a bad download of the power options?

I'm having some trouble getting the Power Options mod to 'take.' I cleared the Dalvik cache and installed from the SD. No weird messages and the installation completes successfully. When I reboot I get an "Android is Upgrading..." message and it rolls through optimizing all the apps, counting 0 to 67 and reboots. When I long hold the power button I get the same old menu. is there a setting somewhere to enable?

The Battery mod is killer. And I'm loving the 4.1.1 ROM. Very nice. Any new mods coming? A new, modded ROM?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you are wiping both cache AND dalvik cache prior to flashing any mods. Perhaps it was a bad download. I would recommend re downloading it

mapninja

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Downloaded a new copy, Cleared cache & dalvik, installed from SD. Still no luck.

Any chance you'll release a modded ROM?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded a new copy, Cleared cache & dalvik, installed from SD. Still no luck.

Any chance you'll release a modded ROM?

Okay, I just downloaded the power menu from the link in the OP. I did a full wipe and installed rom v1.1 and the advanced power mod. It worked as it should. Try wiping cache and dalvik cache and format system (not data as that would wipe your apps and settings)., then dirty flash the rom and then the power mod and battery mod all at once, back to back. Then reboot and let me know.

And yes once I get a few more mods together I likely will build it all into a single rom. Next on my list is a centered lockscreen clock widget.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Screenshot_2012-09-18-19-04-40_zpsf1edafa8.png

OP edited with this mod! Also as an added bonus, an "All.Mods" option that includes all mods to date.

Last edited: