01-18-2012 06:42 PM
183 ... 5678
tools
    Just wanted to add that you should be able to run this in adb shell if they don't want to use root explorer.
    #
    Code:
     mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    I remember that prob,from the opti
    Good call. Will update OP with CMD
    08-04-2011 07:10 AM
    i cannot get the super user zip to install...on 2.3.5 ...it says it install...once a reboot...no superuser...what gives...running gingerbread 2.3.5.....unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery, then flash super user zip...no root....what gives..
    08-15-2011 10:55 PM
    SOOOO I finally got the bootloader unlocked but now the darn recovery.img wont load it keeps saying error. I have the img in the platform-tools, navigate using cmd 'cd C:\android\platform-tools', type in fastboot flash recovery then it keeps telling me error cannot load! Can some1 help me because I'm getting really all I want is CM7

Update:
    I figured it out... It was so dumb I dare not say it lol
    08-19-2011 05:59 PM
    Hello! So, I just rooted my NS4G for the first time... and I have a couple of questions:

1. I installed the Open Soju ROM and that reverted my phone to 2.3.4 - can I get the OTA for 2.3.5 now? Or will there be an updated ROM that will come with it?

2. Will installing different ROMs wipe my device or just update the system?

3. If I want to just install a Kernel, can I just flash it the same way (install zip from sd card or with ROM Manager)? And then how can I adjust the settings like LED notifications (capacitive keys)

That's it for now! Thanks to this forum for all the info and support!
    08-23-2011 09:31 AM
    Hello! So, I just rooted my NS4G for the first time... and I have a couple of questions:

1. I installed the Open Soju ROM and that reverted my phone to 2.3.4 - can I get the OTA for 2.3.5 now? Or will there be an updated ROM that will come with it?

2. Will installing different ROMs wipe my device or just update the system?

3. If I want to just install a Kernel, can I just flash it the same way (install zip from sd card or with ROM Manager)? And then how can I adjust the settings like LED notifications (capacitive keys)

That's it for now! Thanks to this forum for all the info and support!
    If all stands the same as other rooted devices, once you flash a custom ROM you can't receive the OTA update anymore. You would have to flash a ROM built off 2.3.5

When flashing a different ROM it is always recommended to wipe data (factory reset), cache partition, dalvik cache. So in answer to your question it will start you clean with the new ROM, but you won't loose what you have saved to your internal storage "sdcard". [TIP]This is why we recommend use of apps like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Root to backup important data/apps/app data so you can restore them after flashing to a new ROM.[/TIP]

When flashing a kernel I have always just booted into CWM manually or using ROM Manager and flashed the kernel no wipe. Many do recommend to wipe cache/dalvik cache.

Use app like BLN Control from the Market as a work around to LED notifications.

Bare with me here if something I said isn't 100%, I'm coming over from the Epic 4g and getting up to speed quickly on the NS4G
    leescharf likes this.
    08-23-2011 09:53 AM
    If all stands the same as other rooted devices, once you flash a custom ROM you can't receive the OTA update anymore. You would have to flash a ROM built off 2.3.5

When flashing a different ROM it is always recommended to wipe data (factory reset), cache partition, dalvik cache. So in answer to your question it will start you clean with the new ROM, but you won't loose what you have saved to your internal storage "sdcard". [TIP]This is why we recommend use of apps like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Root to backup important data/apps/app data so you can restore them after flashing to a new ROM.[/TIP]

When flashing a kernel I have always just booted into CWM manually or using ROM Manager and flashed the kernel no wipe. Many do recommend to wipe cache/dalvik cache.

Use app like BLN Control from the Market as a work around to LED notifications.

Bare with me here if something I said isn't 100%, I'm coming over from the Epic 4g and getting up to speed quickly on the NS4G
    Ok... that being said. Any recos for killer 2.3.5 ROMs??? (Besides CM7)

Also... I understand that the Netarchy Kernel (which is what Open Soju supposedly comes with, but not what the 'about phone' specs say) comes with the ability to enable capacitive button LED notification without having to use BLN. If so, how does it work? Where's the control?

Thanks again!
    08-23-2011 10:08 AM
    Does Open Soju support a 4g Toggle Widget or 4g Wifi tethering? If, not... how can I gets me some of that?
    08-23-2011 10:21 AM
    Does the link in the first post describing how to unlock work for 2.3.5?
    08-28-2011 02:38 PM
    Does the link in the first post describing how to unlock work for 2.3.5?
    Yes
    08-28-2011 02:39 PM
    Here's a little update this is the newest recovery and a new zip. Have people flash this zip and if they happen to have install-recovery.sh it will delete that file. I just had a little fun and jumped back to stock.It won't hurt anything if they don't have the file either
    recovery- http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13152524284181

Mirror of newest recovery just in case- http://www.mediafire.com/?64q6bkwf0hkspwy

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-crespo4g.img
    09-05-2011 05:49 AM
    Here's a little update this is the newest recovery and a new zip. Have people flash this zip and if they happen to have install-recovery.sh it will delete that file. I just had a little fun and jumped back to stock.It won't hurt anything if they don't have the file either
    recovery- http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13152524284181

Mirror of newest recovery just in case- recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-crespo4g.img

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-crespo4g.img
    All set, thanks!
    09-07-2011 06:18 AM
    The install recovery file isn't in my etc folder on root explorer. Any ideas? I didn't use this rooting method I used shabby penguins one click root which is almost the same as this.
    09-28-2011 06:30 PM
    Thanks for the great unlock and root instructions. Unlocked and rooted as soon as I got home with it. Right now I'm on stock updated ROM but that will probably change soon. While I like Sense 3.0 (I have an EVO 3D for my primary line) so far I am enjoying the pure Google experience.
    10-03-2011 04:26 PM
    Great to hear Carrie. Welcome to Pure Google
    CarrieK likes this.
    10-03-2011 06:44 PM
    Just want to make sure the OP is updated and this is what i use to do this just got this phone today and itching to root this baby also wanted to make sure this works with the 2.3.7 update

Thanks Guys
    10-03-2011 08:14 PM
    Just want to make sure the OP is updated and this is what i use to do this just got this phone today and itching to root this baby also wanted to make sure this works with the 2.3.7 update

Thanks Guys
    Mine was not updated when I got it Saturday. I ignored the nags and went ahead and unlocked and rooted, then flashed updated stock ROM until I decide what others to try.
    10-03-2011 08:19 PM

Thanks Guys
    Yes the unlocking of your bootloader and installation of CWM recovery and flashing of SU access should be same with 2.3.7. I haven't heard anything different so it still applies even though the OP build version isn't up to date.

By the way, nice to see you followed me over from the Epic 4g

Tip: I know your a fan of ACS's work, you remember Dreamsforgotten from ACS and the Epic 4g? Well he has been working on a ported version of [ACS][ROM][PORT]Sbrissen's TSM Pool Party v1.2 on the Nexus and it functions very well... Has the multiple lockscreen mods and many other great tweaks... Worth checking out..
    10-03-2011 09:15 PM
    Yup I sure did lol I got sick of going through epic after epic I just footy on Ebay bought one with a bad esn and one with a Broken screen

Just so you know I used this with the new update and all was well thanks... Maybe the op should up date because the op link clock work would not sick no matter how many times I licked it lol but the one posted later in this theed did...
    10-05-2011 07:58 PM
    I have a question about locking and unlocking my phone. Awhile back I rooted my phone and it worked just fine. Then something happened (maybe an update) and I no longer have rooted access. I went to reroot it today, here is where I run into trouble. When I type adb devices I get the serial number (which means the adb is correct) then I try and do anything else (lock, flash, root) it says <waiting for devices> but nothing happens. It's been sitting on that for a good 20 minutes now. Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    10-18-2011 10:12 PM
    Do you have pda net installed on both your computer and device? That seems to be the key to connections with the Nexus.
    10-19-2011 12:01 AM
    I didn't know it was that easy haha
    10-25-2011 06:16 PM
    edit: wrong thread, sorry.
    11-21-2011 01:38 AM
    OK. I'm close, but I have a problem. I used one-click to root, and it seemed to work just fine. Boot screen shows the unlock symbol, and superuser is in the app drawer. But everything says I don't have root. When I open Superuser, it tells me my binary is outdated, and instructs me to tap to update. I do that, and the process stops and I have to force close before the binary updates.

What now? Any ideas?
    11-23-2011 02:28 AM
    Never mind. Fixed it. I think.
    11-23-2011 02:44 AM
    One quick emergency question - I just rooted my daughter's phone, successfully - but all of her pictures from the internal card is gone.

Is there anyway to recover this???
    11-25-2011 08:25 PM
183 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD