[How-To] Unlock, Install SU, Custom Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker76

May 16, 2010
Visit site
32 bit

Is it possible to root without adb? I have a 32 bit windows netbook and can't install adb. I had no problem rooting my evo without it.

slacker76

May 16, 2010
Visit site
After i install JDK i try to install Android SDK tool setup. Then a window pops up and says" JDK not found, Java (JRE) is not enough to develop android". Its definitely installed though. Which version of JDK are you using?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
After i install JDK i try to install Android SDK tool setup. Then a window pops up and says" JDK not found, Java (JRE) is not enough to develop android". Its definitely installed though. Which version of JDK are you using?

When that comes up press "back" button then press "next"

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
for those that are having issues with the device drivers make sure you have phone plugged into a "main" usb port on the computer vs a usb hub of some kind

I was running it through my laptops docking station and a usb hub on my computer and couldn't get it to recognize the phone.

As soon as i plugged it directly into the laptop it loaded the phone up fine.

dunivan

Feb 11, 2011
www.bryantdunivan.com
few questions -

will unlocking the bootloader and installing the su zip "root" the phone? also, if I make it sticky when I reboot will I have to select what to boot from every time I turn on my phone? If I dont make it sticky, will I lose my root/su access?

Also, how does this effect OTA updates?

Thanks for putting this together, seriously debating doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.