[How-To] Unlock, Install SU, Custom Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp22382

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Took a couple tries but got everything working and just applied the netarchy kernel. This is more complex than hacking webos, but i'm already drooling at all the new options that are available to play with :)

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Now that you renamed install-recovery.sh, go back and put the custom recovery back on. This time it will stick. When you rebooted, install-recovery.sh replaced your custom recovery

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Now that you renamed install-recovery.sh, go back and put the custom recovery back on. This time it will stick. When you rebooted, install-recovery.sh replaced your custom recovery

Absolutely right...I'm glad one of my favorite dev's is pwning the same device I upgraded to. Thank you very much.

jp22382

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

This caught me too, not sure if I misread the instructions the first time or just got ahead of myself.

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So, I've got the drivers. adb reboot bootloader works, but fastboot oem unlock just says waiting for devices. Still having the same problem.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
[warn]If you dont do this next step your custom recovery will not be sticky and you'll have to apply it every time you reboot. Not all phones have this file but if your does, you need to do this step[/warn]
-Download root explorer from the market
-Open and grant SU permission
-Drive to system/etc
-Mount as RW (upper right hand corner of screen)
-Long press on install-recovery.sh and rename to install-recovery.sh.bak

when i go to system/etc and click mount as RW i dont find "install-recovery.sh" anywhere in that list?

I did flash the recvery and ran it with no problems just cant find it to rename

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Attemtped driver reinstalls several times, rebooted the phone several times. I'm not sure what else to do. Windows sees the phone. there's no issue there.
With the phone in fastboot, Type fastboot devices into the CMD line, does your phone come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.