Quadrant test: what do you get?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
screenshot_12.png
I can get around 41xx overclocked to 1.4 ghz on performance running CM7.1 Only got 29xx with laucherpro widgets running.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Remember take all this benchmarking with a grain of salt. Bottom line still comes down to real world performance. That has always been my opinion. When I deved my two ROMs on the Epic 4g people complained that they didn't score high on the benchmarks but in the long haul for real world performance they ended up happier with my ROM pulling a smaller score than the more popular high end scoring ROMs/kernels.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I get ~1390 on GPA17 underclocked to 800 (to make it through the day)...plenty for daily use...faster than my EVO, zero noticable lag.

Remember take all this benchmarking with a grain of salt. Bottom line still comes down to real world performance.
+1, My EVO4G got better Quadrant scores than my underclocked Nexus S 4G. My EVO lagged all over the place, my Nexus is VERY snappy, zero lag.

I can get around 41xx overclocked to 1.4 ghz on performance running CM7.1 Only got 29xx with laucherpro widgets running.
whee.gif

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I get between 21xx and 29xx.

(Oxygen 2.2.1 installed, netarchy kernel 1.4.0,clocked to 1Ghz, and running ADW EX launcher)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like all good scores.. Like I mentioned before though don't weigh in too heavy on the benchmarks, it really all comes down to how the phone performs in your hands doing your daily activities and not what the scores say...

Plus don't forget that overclocking to get those high scores are great but really other than gaming and a few other activities is it really necessary to run it at those levels and gobble up your battery? I still find myself running stock 100-1000 or 100-1200 depending on the kernel's presets..

Fun to see how a single core processor that is starting to show a little age can run with the big boys with the new fancy dual cores ;)

Enjoy everyone!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I started with Oxygen and it was a nice ROM. Its very stable and really had no complaints with it. I moved over to CM7-stable version (not the nightlies) due to working on my Gears of War theme and needing something that supported multiple lockscreens.

I like CM7 a lot. Its also very stable and has good speed... Probably the thing I like best is the CM mod section under Settings... It has even more toys in there to play with than the Oxygen settings app...

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like all good scores.. Like I mentioned before though don't weigh in too heavy on the benchmarks, it really all comes down to how the phone performs in your hands doing your daily activities and not what the scores say...

Plus don't forget that overclocking to get those high scores are great but really other than gaming and a few other activities is it really necessary to run it at those levels and gobble up your battery? I still find myself running stock 100-1000 or 100-1200 depending on the kernel's presets..

Fun to see how a single core processor that is starting to show a little age can run with the big boys with the new fancy dual cores ;)

Enjoy everyone!

i see your using CM7, Im thinking about flashing it from oxygen 2.2.2, is it worth it?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember the exact numbers and don't remember the exact for each rom but I'll give you an estimate.

Stock is around 1750 (or was it 1400ish) average. I saw a low of 1200 once on one that wasn't rebooted for days. Maybe weeks, L O L.

Stock CM7. Was lower 2000 uper 1000. Same with MIUI. Overclock to 1.4ghz on CM7 and MIUI was upper 3900. Can't remember which kernel though. Think it was Matrix and Netarchy was mid 3000s on those roms. Only low 2100s with stock rom.

Sorry for the vagueness. I've been messing with all different roms and combinations. And still haven't decided. Since CM7 Nightly with a different kernel seems to random reboot every 5 minutes and the RC1 build works but is a 2.3.4 build and I get signal issues.

musicman625

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
can someone please explain how to read the results of a quadrant, I have no idea what i'm looking at, the results of running the benchmark app says my evo is 1221. I am running Synergy Rom RC2 and the kernel is a Netarchy 4.3.4 less havs.
I just want to know what the heck I am looking at, and if the results are favorable

Thanks People

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish