So got my NS4G unlocked rooted and flashed recovery last night then I flashed this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1070383 and now i have an odd market issue

If i click an app to download and install it pops up a error says it was unsuccessfully and please retry this applies to updating an app too.

What does work is if i DL apps from the Amazon market. Upon first set up on this ROM it successfully restore 46 apps. Also i can go to the market via a pc and send apps to my phone and install them that way just can do it via the market app. I have tried going back to the stock ROM same problem the sd storage is mounted i have data and voice via 3G and all other google service work well. I uninstalled the market and reinstalled it. Reflashed ROMs and wiped cache and dalvick.

Got any thoughts for me?
    05-12-2011 04:18 PM
    Do a full wipe, flash the ROM but do not let google sync your data and do not use a restore service of any kind like mybackup root or titanium.

-Full wipe (Data/cache/dalvik)
    -No restore from google
    -No restore from app like TB or MBR

See what happens. I have a theory so humor me.
    RamboDroid likes this.
    05-12-2011 04:50 PM
    Do a full wipe, flash the ROM but do not let google sync your data and do not use a restore service of any kind like mybackup root or titanium.

-Full wipe (Data/cache/dalvik)
    -No restore from google
    -No restore from app like TB or MBR

See what happens. I have a theory so humor me.

Well you are humor andstill no dice same problem ....

Why me. Lol
    05-12-2011 05:52 PM
    Ok so we've eliminated potential corruption in your cloud backup being transfered after a flash.

Now let's eliminate the actual apk from being the issue. Take the zip you downloaded (the ROM) and replace vending.apk (/system/app) with THIS. Just use something like winrar or 7zip to open the zip file, delete vending.apk, and replace with what I linked to above.

Full wipe, and flash, no restore of any kind.
    RamboDroid likes this.
    05-12-2011 06:03 PM
    Ok so we've eliminated potential corruption in your cloud backup being transfered after a flash.

Now let's eliminate the actual apk from being the issue. Take the zip you downloaded (the ROM) and replace vending.apk (/system/app) with THIS. Just use something like winrar or 7zip to open the zip file, delete vending.apk, and replace with what I linked to above.

Full wipe, and flash, no restore of any kind.

OK will try when I get home ....fyi I did uninstall the market and reinstall an older version of the market in an attempt to fix it via titanium backup and that didn't work either....

This will be my first time tearing open a rom ...could be interesting. Lol but a learning experience I'm sure.

Thanks I'll let ya know.
    05-12-2011 06:18 PM
    No need to rush. My consultant fee is reasonable (IMHO) at $75 an hour.
    05-12-2011 06:26 PM
    Ok boss where are ya?? I deleted a file system/apps/vending.apk and inserted your provided file and now what what do i press to finish the work ive done here in Winrar?

Save as ? or just exit and its changed?
    05-12-2011 09:49 PM
    Welp.....no cookie no goodie....same problem I did wipe EVERY thing and flashed the modified rom also tried it with a stock ROM that i swapped out the vender.apk with the one you provided....

One more thing that might provide more info for you: Everything was working great but i then when i wiped phone and reflashed to fix a mount sd problem i accidently clicked to restore apps and i didnt want to so I opened the market and started canceling a bunch of the downloading apps and after the 5th or 7th i got a slew of FC ref vending.apk. Looking back now that may have been the turning point where this all went south. But IDK why that problem would stay after wiping all changing ROMs replacing the apk and i can still send DLs to my phone VIA the PC Market.....

ugh...

Would the fact that both ROMs I'm trying are deodxed ?

Random ? u know that debug.zip we used on the optimus would that do any deeper cleaning that would help me?

Ok while i was waiting on you I have deducted some of your "consultant fee" and flashed a Odexed rom to no avail....
    05-12-2011 10:06 PM
    No need to rush. My consultant fee is reasonable (IMHO) at $75 an hour.

You are so not getting paid now....LOL
    05-12-2011 11:00 PM
    Ok im awake

Deodexing wouldn't have anything to do with it, that's just putting the cache file (odex) inside the apk which makes things cleaner and easier to work with from a development standpoint.

The next thing i would try to determine is if it's a hardware issue. Full wipe, flash ROM, no restore, THIS TIME CREATE A NEW GOOGLE NAME IN THE SETUP SCREEN <---- Very important.
    RamboDroid likes this.
    05-13-2011 06:45 AM
    Ok, did that and now with a new gmail account i can dl from the market without problems.
    So i have no hardware issues but I have an error related to my gmail account that only relates to DL aps throught the android app......how do i resolve this?

BTW Thanks for holding my hand along the way. LOL
    05-13-2011 08:03 AM
    Ok im awake

Deodexing wouldn't have anything to do with it, that's just putting the cache file (odex) inside the apk which makes things cleaner and easier to work with from a development standpoint.

The next thing i would try to determine is if it's a hardware issue. Full wipe, flash ROM, no restore, THIS TIME CREATE A NEW GOOGLE NAME IN THE SETUP SCREEN <---- Very important.
    Ok so that fixed it which means we have an error related to my gmail account and not a hardware isssue. And this error is one that only relates to me DLing apps via the android market app.....how in the world do i fix this?

BTW thanks for holding my hand. LOL
    05-13-2011 08:07 AM
    At this point it's in el googs hands. There's nothing I can do. My suggestion would be to search HERE for any relevant data and if you can't find any, create a new post and pray someone from Google helps you.
    RamboDroid likes this.
    05-13-2011 08:18 AM
    At this point it's in el googs hands. There's nothing I can do. My suggestion would be to search HERE for any relevant data and if you can't find any, create a new post and pray someone from Google helps you.
    So i posted on that forum and while i waited for an answer i wiped my phone AGAIN! and flashed the ROM and login to my problemed gmail account when to the market and tried to DL an app just for fun, I knew it wouldnt work hasnt worked for a while, and BOOM it worked!!!!!!

I guess associating this phone with another account then coming back to this account fixed something....WHAOOOOOOOO

Thanks KSmith...r u on twitter?
    05-13-2011 08:59 AM
    So i posted on that forum and while i waited for an answer i wiped my phone AGAIN! and flashed the ROM and login to my problemed gmail account when to the market and tried to DL an app just for fun, I knew it wouldnt work hasnt worked for a while, and BOOM it worked!!!!!!

I guess associating this phone with another account then coming back to this account fixed something....WHAOOOOOOOO

Thanks KSmith...r u on twitter?
    Glad to hear your up and running. I own a twitter account but I've never tweeted. I basically created it so i could follow certain people who I take interest in like google's nexus s twitter account
    05-13-2011 09:31 AM
    Something crazy like this happened to my daughter's phone, a Hero, when I hacked and put Cygen on
    it for speed.
    Everything was great until she tried to sync downloads thru GMail - only about 1/3 turned up and for a college
    gal, this is traumatic.
    She thought I screwed up her phone, (imagine that), went to computer, and all of those contacts were off there - gone.
    So we set up a new account to use, like above, and tried to figure it out. Found out Google has no Customer Service, nobody to contact or get help. There were forums she found of this happening, but nothing to do.

Two days later, she booted phone, loaded old account by mistake and they all appreared on phone as well as back on her computer.

This is why **** happens and the cloud scares me - FYI
    05-13-2011 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD