09-05-2011 08:50 PM
101 12345
tools
    Works perfectly.. Finally got the balls to root my phone.. Very easy and I regret not rooting earlier! Thanks..
    Sorry but I downloaded the file to my phone...now what?

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G
    06-16-2011 11:11 PM
    ok so its not a true one click but its pretty close, will walk you thru the whole thing

http://goo.gl/Y5J7M

Update fully working

big shoutout to Austineasleyinfo for continued patience and testing
    There are no instructions ...???

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G
    06-16-2011 11:20 PM
    yes there are, download it to your computer and extract the zip
    06-17-2011 08:32 AM
    yes there are, download it to your computer and extract the zip
    Will this work on a Mac?
    06-17-2011 12:42 PM
    Will this work on a Mac?
    I don't think so.. It uses the Command Prompt on windows to do the rooting so unless your running some kind of emulator or something, I don't think you can.. But I'm pretty ignorant about MACs so why not try to see if you can somehow do it.
    06-17-2011 01:16 PM
    no its a windows batch only.. sorry ive been really busy i want to improve on it and make nix/osx script too
    06-17-2011 08:19 PM
    will this work for nexus s or is it just for the 4G model
    06-18-2011 10:32 AM
    And should the phone be turned off when I start the process.
    06-18-2011 02:22 PM
    no the phone needs to be on. and yes it will work for the nexus s
    bullet likes this.
    06-18-2011 04:49 PM
    no the phone needs to be on. and yes it will work for the nexus s
    You sir rock.
    06-18-2011 07:56 PM
    okay so now Im trying to flash cm7 on it but when I try to boot into recovery mode to backup my current rom when I scroll down to recovery mode and press power to select it I get the android and the triangle with the exclamation mark and it hangs there till I pull the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-18-2011 09:04 PM
    I got it to work I re flashed clockwork mod to a earlier version and that did the trick. Im now running CM7.
    06-19-2011 08:34 PM
    Ok... so hey. Noob here. I'm getting ready to root my NS4G [finally]. But... since I've been using it for a while I've obviously done quite a bit of downloading/tweaking/customizing within the stock build.

So I'm looking for a DETAILED explanation of how best to back-up what I have now (in addition, of course, to copying all the data on my sdcard [duh... I'm not THAT much of a noob]). The main things being apps/programs and settings (email especially).

And from what I've been reading... should I root the phone and THEN back-up the info? True? And how?

My other BIG question is: if I want to go back to what I have now (pre-root), can I? As in, is there a way to save my phone exactly as it is configured now and revert to it?

All help is greatly appreciated. Love this community. Peace.
    06-24-2011 11:20 PM
    Wow.

That was beyond easy. Even easier than the WebOS days and that's saying a lot.

Thanks a ton!
    06-25-2011 12:58 AM
    Ok... so hey. Noob here. I'm getting ready to root my NS4G [finally]. But... since I've been using it for a while I've obviously done quite a bit of downloading/tweaking/customizing within the stock build.

So I'm looking for a DETAILED explanation of how best to back-up what I have now (in addition, of course, to copying all the data on my sdcard [duh... I'm not THAT much of a noob]). The main things being apps/programs and settings (email especially).

And from what I've been reading... should I root the phone and THEN back-up the info? True? And how?

My other BIG question is: if I want to go back to what I have now (pre-root), can I? As in, is there a way to save my phone exactly as it is configured now and revert to it?

All help is greatly appreciated. Love this community. Peace.
    cant root and then back up, unlocking the bootloader erases teh data, only app that will let you backup before root is mybackuproot paid version i believe...
    leescharf likes this.
    06-25-2011 01:05 AM
    Ok, so now that the update is coming out on Monday, I wanted to verify. I have done the 1 click root here. Do I need to unroot to install the update or do I just install the update like normal?
    07-07-2011 12:55 PM
    updated to 2.0.

gnuf if your phone has been rooted and thats it, just install the ota and then reroot
    07-17-2011 10:46 AM
    So do I just plug my phone into the computer, turn on usb storage, then double click run.bat?

Am I missing anything?
    07-25-2011 06:52 PM
    Ok, so I installed the PDAnet drivers. Then I ran the run.bat file. I go through following the onscreen instructions. But I get to the part that says "Please look at your phone. Using volume up and volume down choose the unlock option, hit power to make the selection."

This step seems easy enough, but "unlock" isnt one of my options. The program rebooted my phone into fastboot mode and the only options are the following:

-reboot bootloader
    -reboot
    -recovery
    -power off

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT...I have already applied the new update manually that came out today. Not sure if that matters.
    07-25-2011 07:38 PM
    I too am wondering, I downloaded the zip onto my computer. Where do I go from there?
    07-26-2011 06:46 AM
    From there you run the appropriate pdanet drivers (32or64). The you double click run.bat. Then you should follow the instructions on the screen. already
    At least I think thats the right procedure. I run into trouble when it says to select unlock. Unlock isn't an option for me

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-26-2011 08:06 AM
    odd i ran it just yesterday, did you try watching the video to see if it would help?

edit: my apologies, i thought i had posted it here as well, tahst what i get for spreading ot to multiple forums :P check the op
    07-26-2011 08:12 AM
    Ok, I just watched the video.

When it gets to the part to select "yes or no" for unlock, my phone doesnt go to that. My phone goes to the fastboot screen.

Thanks for all of your help and time btw.
    07-26-2011 08:49 AM
    So I ran it on my work computer today and it went very smooth.

It looks like it had to install the ADB drivers before the unlock screen came up. My work computer is win7 so it is much better at finding and installing the correct drivers.

Not sure about that, but it seemed to go from the bootloader screen to the unlock screen as soon as the ADB driver installed itself.
    07-26-2011 10:49 AM
    Just ran this myself, the Recovery option locations aren't exactly how they are listed in the batch file instructions but it works like a charm. Just read everything carefully.
    07-26-2011 01:47 PM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD