[ACS] Nexus S 4G AIO root & CWM flashable zips

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sorta one click root

ok so did I do something wrong. After I rooted all of my pictures and everything was gone. Did I miss a step somewhere? I followed the instructions on the screen. Any help would be great. Thank you.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Will this work for version 2.3.5? I just updated last night.

Yes, it works fine.

ok so did I do something wrong. After I rooted all of my pictures and everything was gone. Did I miss a step somewhere? I followed the instructions on the screen. Any help would be great. Thank you.

That is correct behavior, unlocking and rooting by this method causes your phone to do a factory reset which wipes all data. Not sure if there is a warning, there probably should be one if there isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: evilhugbear

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

That's ****ty but oh well. There might have been a warning and I might have missed it. I don't care so much about resetting it back uip. I just wish I would have backed up my pictures. oh well.

Gr3yGhOsT

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Ok, so I rooted my phone before the update, and now after the update I appear to no longer be rooted. Do I have to go through the rooting process again (and have to wipe my phone again....sigh) or is there an easier way to regain root without having to wipe?

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

if your bootloader is unlocked then no wiping will happen, however if you locked it again then yes there will be data lost.

as for new updates etc, this tool will work on the nexus s for the end of time :)

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I rooted it!!! So excited, did it the same night I got the phone. I rooted for wireless tether, but now that I'm rooted, I'm not sure where to find the wireless tether??

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I rooted it!!! So excited, did it the same night I got the phone. I rooted for wireless tether, but now that I'm rooted, I'm not sure where to find the wireless tether??
Search the market for "wireless tether". Install the root version. If you do that exact search, it should be the first entry that pops up.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks to shabby, I did the root. Easy peezy weezy.

I don't know if this is a question for this forum (probably better at XDA), but do you think that a non-wipe root will EVER be possible. I want to root my wife's Nexus S 4G but she will kill me if she loses her Angry Birds progress (no, really....). I can't find a way to figure out how to save this stuff without rooting (and therefore wiping).

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks to shabby, I did the root. Easy peezy weezy.

I don't know if this is a question for this forum (probably better at XDA), but do you think that a non-wipe root will EVER be possible. I want to root my wife's Nexus S 4G but she will kill me if she loses her Angry Birds progress (no, really....). I can't find a way to figure out how to save this stuff without rooting (and therefore wiping).

There is an angry birds backup program in the market.

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm at the step where it says use volume up and down to choose the unluck option....but nothing on my phone is changing. It's still on the usb storage screen...I'm pretty bad at this stuff but anyone have any suggestions?

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded wireless tether last night, but I cannot get it to work. I'm googling for help, but if anyone has any advice, please let me know --- I can't get my laptop's wireless to see it, nor the desktop's wireless stick (netgear). Thanks.

Gr3yGhOsT

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Is there any documentation on how to re-root after the update? I want to get back to root without wiping my SDCard LOL, so any instructions on how to gain root again would be awesome! (My bootloader is still unlocked....) Sorry if this is a noob question, but I am very new at Android...recently coming over from a Palm Pre.

blakk357

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Ok, so I installed the PDAnet drivers. Then I ran the run.bat file. I go through following the onscreen instructions. But I get to the part that says "Please look at your phone. Using volume up and volume down choose the unlock option, hit power to make the selection."

This step seems easy enough, but "unlock" isnt one of my options. The program rebooted my phone into fastboot mode and the only options are the following:

-reboot bootloader
-reboot
-recovery
-power off

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT...I have already applied the new update manually that came out today. Not sure if that matters.

Hello I am have the same issue as above. I am running Windows XP 32bit version. Any insight?

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Since I wanted to root just for Roam Control and Wireless tether (no rom change or anything), will I continue to get OTA updates? I just want to make sure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech