What ROM's are you using?

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey There,

I was just wondering what ROMs everyone out there is using...?? Someone was nice enough to post a sticky of the different ROMs n such that are available for the NS4G and I have since looked through it and wondered if anyone has actually found a ROM that is better than stock? I am using the Netarchy kernel and stock ROM. I have excellent battery life and plenty of speed - not to mention - EVERYTHING works. So my question - is there anyone out there using anything other than stock? If so, please tell me your results.

Thanks!

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using gingerbread-deck 1.2u with a 1.4 ghz Netarchy kernel. Its based of Cyanogen but it adds a few things for improved battery life like a black background in messaging. Also for whatever reason it takes better to themes from UOT kitchen than stock Cyanogen.
Rom: http://dev-host.org/ie1q45t8fn5u/gingerbread-ns4g-deck-1.2u.zip
Kernel: http://kernels.teamw.in/files.php?fid=430&kid=251
Heres the benchmark from the Rom/Kernel combo
screenshot_14.png

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm using gingerbread-deck 1.2u with a 1.4 ghz Netarchy kernel. Its based of Cyanogen but it adds a few things for improved battery life like a black background in messaging. Also for whatever reason it takes better to themes from UOT kitchen than stock Cyanogen.
Rom: http://dev-host.org/ie1q45t8fn5u/gingerbread-ns4g-deck-1.2u.zip
Kernel: http://kernels.teamw.in/files.php?fid=430&kid=251
Heres the benchmark from the Rom/Kernel combo
screenshot_14.png

WOW! Hows the battery running at 1.4?

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
if you are going to post benchmarks please do not use quadrant, those "lagfix" scripts can be misleading to people.. tmpfs DOES NOT provide a faster overall experience. you want proof of this run smartbench.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I never really heard back on this particular thread... but I finally got my recovery fixed and flashed Deck's ROM...seems fast, slick, and workable. Does anyone else have thoughts on this ROM or others? Also, does anyone know how to get Roam Control to work on Deck?

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Deck's ROM with Matr1x 4.5 kernel. Perfect. Pretty much stock ROM with the few things I miss from CM7 like the drop down notification widget, facebook integration, and being able to swipe things off the notification shade, without some of the bloat and problems CM7 has. Love it. Fast and rock solid

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Deck's ROM with Matr1x 4.5 kernel. Perfect. Pretty much stock ROM with the few things I miss from CM7 like the drop down notification widget, facebook integration, and being able to swipe things off the notification shade, without some of the bloat and problems CM7 has. Love it. Fast and rock solid

I don't know how I missed it, but I flashed Deck's 1.2.u and not his 1.2.1... Is there anything that I am really missing in the newer version? I asked on XDA but no one really had an answer.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how I missed it, but I flashed Deck's 1.2.u and not his 1.2.1... Is there anything that I am really missing in the newer version? I asked on XDA but no one really had an answer.

I have no idea. I have never used it before this version. I am extremely happy with it though.

bocaccio13

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone on here using savagedzen rom? I am on cm7 w matr1x4.5

I was under the impression that sz rom is a combo..like best of both worlds.

Matt.ny.tech

Sep 7, 2010
www.yodouche.com
I ran every other ROM and kernel out there and for whatever reason my battery life was turrible. Like, to the point where I assumed I had a bad batt.

All of the current ROM's are exactly what you'd expect. Same DEV's, same basic tweaks and such. CM7 and matr1x were a smokin fast combo for me but had some random reboot issues. Not blaming either of them, just relating my exp.

I've always been a huge fan of Miui on the Evo so I figured it deserved a shot on the NS4G. Best.decision.ever.

Butter smooth, 0 issues so far, 100% workin as far as I can tell. And my favorite part, I cant use enough battery. Not only do I use my phone constantly, I show it off most the day. Went 12 hours yesterday and when I finally did go to plug it in before bed, it still had plenty of charge left.

Im assuming I went off like this because Im overtired at 4am...lol But yeah, Miui.

bocaccio13

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
What
I ran every other ROM and kernel out there and for whatever reason my battery life was turrible. Like, to the point where I assumed I had a bad batt.

All of the current ROM's are exactly what you'd expect. Same DEV's, same basic tweaks and such. CM7 and matr1x were a smokin fast combo for me but had some random reboot issues. Not blaming either of them, just relating my exp.

I've always been a huge fan of Miui on the Evo so I figured it deserved a shot on the NS4G. Best.decision.ever.

Butter smooth, 0 issues so far, 100% workin as far as I can tell. And my favorite part, I cant use enough battery. Not only do I use my phone constantly, I show it off most the day. Went 12 hours yesterday and when I finally did go to plug it in before bed, it still had plenty of charge left.

Im assuming I went off like this because Im overtired at 4am...lol But yeah, Miui.

What version and kernel? I am on savagedzen from last night and was on cm7/matr1x and am truly sick of the rebooted!! I totally agree.

xblitz44x

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried MiUi and I don't know, it seemed weird to me. It's like a whole new OS. I couldn't tolerate not having an app drawer and it looked too pretty to be battery efficient.

But these are my issues. I got a Nexus for stock Android and felt out of place with MIUI

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Matt.ny.tech

Sep 7, 2010
www.yodouche.com
I tried MiUi and I don't know, it seemed weird to me. It's like a whole new OS. I couldn't tolerate not having an app drawer and it looked too pretty to be battery efficient.

Its def not for everyone. People always say "Oh it looks like an iPhone", and it does. Personally I like having all the apps out in the open, and using folders.

My battery lasted 15 hours yesterday. Pretty, yes... Battery efficient, SH*T YA!

Haven't seen 15 hours out of a battery since my Palm Centro. Yeah that's right, PALM CENTRO. I said it, I aint ashamed...lol

xblitz44x

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Its def not for everyone. People always say "Oh it looks like an iPhone", and it does. Personally I like having all the apps out in the open, and using folders.

My battery lasted 15 hours yesterday. Pretty, yes... Battery efficient, SH*T YA!

No doubt it's gorgeous. And the fact that the battery does well is even more impressive.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol