Hello,

I am trying to flash a different rom but running into issues with Google Voice. It is asking me to change either my Gvoice into Sprint or my Sprint into Gvoice. I don't want either...all I want is to use my Gvoice account for voicemail the way I have always used it. I searched the forums and didn't really find a clear answer on this. Does anyone know how to go about this? Thanks for the help.
    06-08-2011 06:59 PM
    Hello,

I am trying to flash a different rom but running into issues with Google Voice. It is asking me to change either my Gvoice into Sprint or my Sprint into Gvoice. I don't want either...all I want is to use my Gvoice account for voicemail the way I have always used it. I searched the forums and didn't really find a clear answer on this. Does anyone know how to go about this? Thanks for the help.
    I would think that Google Voice to Sprint is what you want because that's what you've had before...
    Before your GV number calls to your Sprint phone number and your VM fwded to Google Voice mail. Right?

The second option (Sprint to GV) basically makes it so when you make a phone call it will appear as though it's coming from your Google Voice number to the person receiving the call and that's the new feature.

This isn't really an issue with the rom though it's how Google Voice works on the nexus S and I believe most other sprint Android phones now. There really isn't a Sprint Voice mail option anymore at least not that I'm aware of.
    06-24-2011 01:38 PM
    I would think that Google Voice to Sprint is what you want because that's what you've had before...
    Before your GV number calls to your Sprint phone number and your VM fwded to Google Voice mail. Right?

The second option (Sprint to GV) basically makes it so when you make a phone call it will appear as though it's coming from your Google Voice number to the person receiving the call and that's the new feature.

This isn't really an issue with the rom though it's how Google Voice works on the nexus S and I believe most other sprint Android phones now. There really isn't a Sprint Voice mail option anymore at least not that I'm aware of.
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I have actually worked around the Google Voice integration four times so far (I tested it multiple times). I removed the Gvoice APK and downloaded Gvoice from the Market...rebooted the phone and then set up Gvoice. The prompts that it gave were different than when I went to set it up when I first got the phone. I was able to just use Gvoice for voicemail. It didn't do the integration that I have found to be so annoying.
    06-27-2011 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD