Password Locked Nexus S with no Google Account

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend recently picked up a Nexus S 4G, however she didn't create a Google account on the phone before locking the device with a PIN code and promptly forgetting it. I can't for the life of me figure out how to wipe the phone, just not as easy as my Epic. I downloaded the Samsung.exe to reflash it, however since the device is not unlocked, it won't let me place the device in download mode. I can't even begin to root it since I can't place it into USB storage mode to download the SU file to root it.

I'm completely stuck, and I have no idea what else I could do to recover the device. Any help would be more than appreciated.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Power off the phone. Hold volume up + power until you see a menu - from that menu select recovery. Once in recovery do a factory reset. That should get rid of any user changes since the phone was purchased, and will allow you to get into the OS again. Of course, this will erase anything not on the internal SD card storage.

Reactions: FenixOK

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Power off the phone. Hold volume up + power until you see a menu - from that menu select recovery. Once in recovery do a factory reset. That should get rid of any user changes since the phone was purchased, and will allow you to get into the OS again. Of course, this will erase anything not on the internal SD card storage.
Thank you for this. I tried that a couple of times, and for some reason the options never popped up to let me do factory reset it. I tried it again just now, still didn't work, so I went outside and smoked, and five minutes later it pops up as I'm walking inside. I feel terribly stupid and extremely appreciative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney